big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tumblr_o97x79p5c11v5y2oeo1_400.gif

cowboyec

Reaction score
one of the 100 greatest players in the history of the league...regardless of what some "panel of experts" says.
tony d came.
tony d conquered.
tony d was real.
we saw it.
one of the 100 greatest to ever play.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
When I was a teenager I collected every Tony Dorsett card from rookie to retirement. I even tracked down rare stuff like the coin shaped 7-11 Slurpy card and a panel card on the bottom of a box of Topps cards.

Happy B-day to one of my first favorite players, and sorry for being a day late.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can still remember him playing hs football at alliquippa in Pittsburgh...I love Emmitt,but 33 is still my favorite.
Emmitt and Tony D my 2 favorites of all time.
Though I lean toward Emmitt more than Tony. Probably because of more media coverage.
Plus I lived in South Florida at the time. And seeing his career from High School, though 12 hours away from where I lived, then as he played college at UF and wanting them to draft him. Had something to do with that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Had it not been for the 1982 strike shortened season Tony would have rushed for 1000 yards 9 times in a row.

However, he never led the league in rushing. He came up 28 yards short of George Rogers in 1981. The Cowboys tried getting him the rushing championship in the season finale against the Giants, but he ended up with only 39 yards.

Creeper

Reaction score
One of the greatest things to watch was Dorsett breaking into the open field. So much fun to watch. Can't believe he is 69 already. Then again I can't believe my age either!