Happy Memorial Day

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
On this Memorial Day weekend, I am reminded of two famous quotes, one from Winston Churchill and the other attributed to Richard Grenier

"Never was so much owed by so many few.”
Winston Churchill.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." Richard Grenier.

Heartfelt thank you to all who gave their lives in military service for our country

CCBoy

Reaction score
May all blessings be bestowed upon all contributing to our Memorial Day. God bless us all who share, as we give thanks to the souls who have given all just for this very reason...thankful for the freedoms won, and now appreciated.

Happy Memorial Day to all!

Last edited:

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
"I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty and freedom. It is the history of our nation,and it's marked by the blood of those who died defending it"...John Thune

A heartfelt thank you to the fallen and their families for their sacrifices.

Remember, enjoy and stay safe.

Happy memorial day

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Salud and much love and appreciation for those that gave their lives for our country and freedom? I admit, I don't think about this a lot, but when I do, I feel great respect for those that serve and sacrifice. One of my feeder school as a coach was named after Audie Murphy. I had to look him up and was amazed!!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
“Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world. A veteran does not have that problem.” – Ronald Reagan
May God bless all of our true patriots and God bless this country.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C1cU4TT.gif

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Memorial Day, thank you to the men & women in our Military.

Thank you for the freedoms we are so blessed to have because of your service, & those who came before you.

It isn't said often enough, but please know that you are in our thoughts & prayers always & not forgotten.

God bless & watch over you always.

Hardline

Reaction score
Their blood is the foundation of our nation .
Freedom isn't free.

Just a little side note.
Memorial Day is to honor the fallen.
Veterans Day is to honor those currently serving or have served and still living.

While there are many thanking those alive for their service this day is for the fallen and deceased.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Their blood is the foundation of our nation .
Freedom isn't free.

Just a little side note.
Memorial Day is to honor the fallen.
Veterans Day is to honor those currently serving or have served and still living.

While there are many thanking those alive for their service this day is for the fallen and deceased.
True, but there's nothing wrong with thanking vets while they're alive to appreciate it. Though, in the spirit of your observation, maybe it would be better to phrase those thanks as an addendum.

Creeper

Reaction score
To all those who gave their lives for this country I wish them peace in heaven. My heart goes out to their families. Let us never forget the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

A special thanks to my parent's generation. The courage and backbone they had to storm the beaches of Normandy, Saipan and the many islands of the Pacific will never be surpassed. I was lucky my Dad made it home, but so many others didn't.

Remember and respect.