Harbaugh thinks Suggs headed to HOF

CPanther95

Reaction score
And to think they only got Suggs because their trade up with Minnesota took too long and they didn't get Leftwich. Minnesota's time ran out and 2 other teams picked quick before they could make a selection. Baltimore had to stay put and got Suggs.

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score
And to think they only got Suggs because their trade up with Minnesota took too long and they didn't get Leftwich. Minnesota's time ran out and 2 other teams picked quick before they could make a selection. Baltimore had to stay put and got Suggs.

Vikings got lucky though, they got defensive tackle Kevin Williams who was one hell of a player

revospeed

Reaction score
He was defensive MVP one year. Combined with with steady numbers and rings, I think he has a shot. Andre Tippett is in the Hall, so is Rickey Jackson and Charles Haley. Suggs has better numbers and a ring. He’s got a shot.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I don't think there is much question. He'll end up top 10, possibly top 5 all-time in sacks.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Probably... the HoF has turned from the GOATs and generational talents

To guys who were really good

John813

Reaction score
I dunno, got to respect a OLB/DE that can play for 16+ years and still is recording 10+ sacks 3 out of his 4 years(excluding the missed entire year) at his age.

He can realistically be 6th all time if he stays in the league for the next two years.

Shouldn't be a first ballot guy, but I wouldn't be upset if he gets in.
Impressive career, considering the amount of abuse his position puts him in.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I dunno, got to respect a OLB/DE that can play for 16+ years and still is recording 10+ sacks 3 out of his 4 years(excluding the missed entire year) at his age.

He can realistically be 6th all time if he stays in the league for the next two years.

Shouldn't be a first ballot guy, but I wouldn't be upset if he gets in.
Impressive career, considering the amount of abuse his position puts him in.
But the other side is for his career his numbers are highly erratic. High mark is 14 sacks in a 16 game season and his low is his 5th year with 5 in a 16 game season.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Over the course of his career, Suggs won Defensive Rookie of the Year in '03 & Defensive Player of the Year in '11. He’s also a 7x Pro Bowl selection, a 2x All Pro & a SB winner (XVLII).

He'll likely finish top 10 all time in sacks while still being one of the most well rounded OLB's ever. Ware, Taylor & Strahan are liable to be the guys immediately ahead of him on the sacks list & while they're all better pass rushers, I'd claim none of them were as good against the run & pass as Suggs.

That said, he's playing his best ever in his long career. He'll definitely punch his ticket after the '18 season. No doubt.

Last edited:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
May have a close call on first ballot depending on who he is on the card with.. He will be a lock the second time around.