Hard pressed to convince me that Culpepper isn't better than Johnson

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Even in his mediocre days with Minnesota, Oakland, and Miami, I'd still take him over Johnson. He did more with those teams than Johnson is doing with an elite offense at his disposal.

In his last 3 years playing his still put up 58% or higher completion rating. BJ is hitting 54% right now.

With this offense, I think Culpepper could at least win us 2 or 3 games if the defense keeps playing well.

Brad Johnson honestly sucks...

Romo was getting nearly 300 yards per game with this team, johnson is getting like 100 yards per game

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Hmmm Culpepper, you mean the same guy who in the last 3 years has a 75.6 QB rating?

Who has 13 TDs with 20 INTs?

Who has 16 fumbles...SIXTEEN in 18 games!!!!!!!!

Sacked 73 times in 18 games!!!!! (4 times a game!!)

The guy doesnt know how to make a decision when to throw the damn ball.

He is worse, WAY WORSE than Romo with fumbles.

If you want to maybe get 7 more points a game but with 2-3 more TO's a game, yeah sure, go for it

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ajk23az;2378463 said:
Hmmm Culpepper, you mean the same guy who in the last 3 years has a 75.6 QB rating?

Who has 13 TDs with 20 INTs?

Who has 16 fumbles...SIXTEEN in 18 games!!!!!!!!

Sacked 73 times in 18 games!!!!! (4 times a game!!)

The guy doesnt know how to make a decision when to throw the damn ball.

He is worse, WAY WORSE than Romo with fumbles.

If you want to maybe get 7 more points a game but with 2-3 more TO's a game, yeah sure, go for it

:hammer:

Not to mention BJ knows the offense. Culpepper doesn't.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Look where he played. If johnson was in Oakland or Miami... bet you he would have been even worse.

Johnson is playing with the most talented offense in the NFL, and he flat out sucks. Culpepper was playing with two of the worst teams in the nfl.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Rack;2378466 said:

Not only that but but the time he learned the play book Romo should be back.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Same offense Garrett had in Miami from what I've heard... Shouldnt take culpepper too long to figure it out.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
jcollins28;2378471 said:
Not only that but but the time he learned the play book Romo should be back.

and if it takes romo longer to get back, or if he gets hurt again or even worse....

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Galian Beast;2378467 said:
Look where he played. If johnson was in Oakland or Miami... bet you he would have been even worse.

Johnson is playing with the most talented offense in the NFL, and he flat out sucks. Culpepper was playing with two of the worst teams in the nfl.

He was also 3 years younger and not as whiny as he is now.

adamknite

Reaction score
He won't have time to learn the offense... simple as that. The QB has to know everybody's assignments on every play, even if he was the far superious option over BJ, he just wouldn't have time to come in and get in sync before Romo was back anyway.

superpunk

Reaction score
Galian Beast;2378472 said:
Same offense Garrett had in Miami from what I've heard... Shouldnt take culpepper too long to figure it out.

(a) Brad Johnson was not the offensive coordinator when Culpepper was in Miami. Mike Mularkey was.

(b) Culpepper was atrocious in that offense anyhow.

(c) Think threads through before starting one.

superpunk

Reaction score
Galian Beast;2378490 said:
he was the qb coach, p.s. learn how to read...
Are you under the impression that QB coaches run the offense, or that Garrett, as QB coach, was setting up the offense for Culpepper in Miami? You said, "Same offense Garrett had in Miami from what I've heard." This is false for the reasons outlined above, regradless of what you've "heard".

It wasn't Garrett's offense run in Culpepper's brief stint in Miami - it was Mularkey's. And Culpepper hardly had a grasp on that.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
If this were February and we were talking about signing a backup QB, I'd be interested in Culpepper. He's got some talent.

I don't think Culpepper had enough help in Oakland. And while in Miami, it was obvious that Culpepper played before he was physically ready (he needed more time to recover from his injury). So I'm not so down on him.

But this isn't February. It is late October and the timing is all wrong.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He's not on the team, it's a moot point..

Bollinger. Bollinger..Bollinger...

Opie you are almost under my spell:clubbed:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Galian Beast;2378475 said:
and if it takes romo longer to get back, or if he gets hurt again or even worse....

Then we'd be screwed either way cuz Culpepper sucks.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It's not an option cause at this point there is no way he can learn enough of the offense to be able to play on Sunday and that's really all you'd be bringing him in here for is this one game. After that Romo will be coming back and there will be no need for Dante.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
cowboys#1;2378464 said:
he wants to start. wont happen....nuff said

Yep. From what I've read, he won't consider becoming the Chiefs quarterback unless he's signed to a multi-year deal.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
Rack;2378466 said:

It doesn't matter if BJ knows the offense if he can't get the ball to the receivers. :laugh2:

BTW, I don't think that BJ, Culpepper or Bollinger is the answer. But out of the choices we have, I would rather go with Bollinger.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Ok, so Culpepper is better. How does that help Dallas now? It doesn't. He is not in Dallas. Even if he made it to Dallas within the next hour he would not be ready to start at QB and know the offense well enough to win games for at least 4 weeks. Probably even longer. Romo will be back by then.