Hard pressed to convince me that Culpepper isn't better than Johnson

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Galian Beast;2378467 said:
Look where he played. If johnson was in Oakland or Miami... bet you he would have been even worse.

Johnson is playing with the most talented offense in the NFL, and he flat out sucks. Culpepper was playing with two of the worst teams in the nfl.

give it up dude...our offensive coordinator doesnt want him, end of story

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Galian Beast;2378472 said:
Same offense Garrett had in Miami from what I've heard... Shouldnt take culpepper too long to figure it out.

if true then same offense Culpepper struggled with as well

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I would assume Garrett must not like the option as he worked with him in Miami

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dallas (5-3) apparently has little interest in former Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper -- who excelled with the deep ball -- as he failed to impress for Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett while both were with the Miami Dolphins.

pretty plain to see why we have no interest in him

khiladi

Reaction score
Miami has absolutely no talent last year on offense. Further, while Garrett doesn't like him, Garrett hasn't shown much either in getting TO involved by moving him around and having him run quick slants. Garrett looks like an idiot right now as well.

BTW, Culpepper has a deep ball. He can toss it like he tossed it with the Vikings, when they had Randy Moss and Chris Carter.

JRid21

Reaction score
ajk23az;2378463 said:
Hmmm Culpepper, you mean the same guy who in the last 3 years has a 75.6 QB rating?

Who has 13 TDs with 20 INTs?

Who has 16 fumbles...SIXTEEN in 18 games!!!!!!!!

Sacked 73 times in 18 games!!!!! (4 times a game!!)

The guy doesnt know how to make a decision when to throw the damn ball.

He is worse, WAY WORSE than Romo with fumbles.

If you want to maybe get 7 more points a game but with 2-3 more TO's a game, yeah sure, go for it

Once again 2005 Vikings, 2006 Dolphins, 2007 Raiders
Those are some very exciting offenses.
He won't be coming because he couldn't learn the playbook fast enough but he has a cannon. You saw what he did with Moss, imagine what he could do with Williams, Owens, Witten, Crayton/Austin

MONT17

Reaction score
Who signed Chris Simms and what is their record? moves like that is why their front office signs Chris Simms and Boys front office says Brad Johnson is the man! Wade would never I mean never tell Jerry Brad is done and that's why the boys will always have problems with injuries!

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
Galian Beast;2378467 said:
Look where he played. If johnson was in Oakland or Miami... bet you he would have been even worse.

Johnson is playing with the most talented offense in the NFL, and he flat out sucks. Culpepper was playing with two of the worst teams in the nfl.
co sign

the raiders had one of the worse o-lines ive seen in yrs when he was there. defensive players were in their backfield like they were waiting for a handoff

while culpepper is way better then johnson he wont have adequate time to learn the playbook and by the time he does romo will be back

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2378984 said:
Miami has absolutely no talent last year on offense. Further, while Garrett doesn't like him, Garrett hasn't shown much either in getting TO involved by moving him around and having him run quick slants. Garrett looks like an idiot right now as well.

BTW, Culpepper has a deep ball. He can toss it like he tossed it with the Vikings, when they had Randy Moss and Chris Carter.

True TO and RW with Culpepper could force Romo to the bench !!!!!!!

Dodger12

Reaction score
A move for Culpepper wouldn't be about this week or the next. It would be about December and January. Romo might be back in two weeks but he probably wouldn't be 100% and if he reinjures his finger, he's probably out for the year.

Now we can argue the merits of Culpepper as a QB, but there's no arguing that Johnson is shot, done, and over the hill. I just can't believe with so many weapons on our offense, to inlude the recent acquisition of RW, that we're going to continue to utilize a back-up QB that can't throw the ball 10 yards down field. That's an absolute waste of our talent and if I'm Jerry Jones and have so much invested on both sides of the ball, I'd be trying real hard to make an addition at back-up QB spot.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2378590 said:
It's not an option cause at this point there is no way he can learn enough of the offense to be able to play on Sunday and that's really all you'd be bringing him in here for is this one game. After that Romo will be coming back and there will be no need for Dante.

what if there is another injury to romo... we could have a more capable back up. Johnson my me better for sunday, but in the long run, culpepper is better. Plus he can throw it deep enough to stretch the field. We saw what he did with moss that one year.

JRid21

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2379911 said:
But he sucks , how can he?;)

He won't be coming because he couldn't learn the playbook fast enough but he has a cannon arm. You saw what he did with Moss, imagine what he could do with Williams, Owens, Witten, Crayton/Austin

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
JRid21;2380029 said:
He won't be coming because he couldn't learn the playbook fast enough but he has a cannon arm. You saw what he did with Moss, imagine what he could do with Williams, Owens, Witten, Crayton/Austin

I think he was being sarcastic.....

JRid21

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2380033 said:
I think he was being sarcastic.....

I know he was, I was posting it so all the people saying Culpepper sucks now could see it.