Hardy signed? (Probably a misprint)

Strong

Reaction score
Great find. Didn't hear a word of this til I read the post.

I like bringing in bigger bodies in the LB corp. If he still has it, bring him on.

Strong

Nav22

Reaction score
If it was true, we'd be able to find it on more sources than just a caption from a foxsports photo gallery. These boards usually have info about every POTENTIAL signing a week before it becomes official, so how does anyone figure we missed a signing completely?

I'd be all for it, but c'mon guys...get real.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
If its true, then he's being brought in to play strong side OLB, since Parcells said he thinks his current crop of prospects are too small at that position.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Kevin Hardy a Cowboy?

Filed under:
— Will Parchman @ 1:06 pm
Man, if this is true, I did not see it coming.

Hardy to Dallas?

ILB/OLB: Kevin Hardy (cut by Bengals, signed by Cowboys)
Is this Hardy rejoicing over losing in Cincy? Well, no, but he has landed with Bill Parcells and the Cowboys in hopes of sniffing the playoffs.

It would be a pretty random misprint, but I’m skeptical. I’m no more satisfied with the linebackers then the next guy, but Kevin Hardy? He was serviceable in 2002, but he’s getting older and slower. If there is any benefit, it’s having Hardy there for veteran support… guys like Kevin Burnett and Demarcus Ware could certainly use Hardy’s veteran guidance… but I’m just not sure how effective he still is.

Anyway, if this is true, it’s not a bad move… if it isn’t true (which I don’t think it is) we’ll just go back to Singleton, Shanle and Nguyen on the inside… goodie!

This was from the cowboy roundup

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
He's usefull in that we don't have a strong side OLB who can currently take on a TE head up, which is requirement.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
he was good for dallas in 2002. one of our best defenders that season. 11 passes defensed is good for a CB - out of a LBer its righteous.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Is he a free agent? I have gone to several sites and he is no longer listed on the Bengals roster.......

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear said:
I don't know if they're reliable or not, Hos... on another board, a poster said they also have Samari Rolle listed as having signed with the Skins...

Ooops, I see that point has already been made...

Anyway, I wouldn't be annoyed at all if they were right about Hardy...
Gonna be honest with you Bear, I doubt this very much.

Don't know about you, but the LB I wanted a few years ago was Takeo Spikes. I still haven't gotten over them not trying to acquire him. That is a guy who not only would have been a true asset for the last 2 or 3 years but would be the perfect veteran guy to shepherd these kids this season.

I never disliked Hardy and wouldn't scoff at his return, but it just looks like wheel spinning. You know what I mean?

Reaction score
All I remember is how he bad talked the Cowboys when he walked and went to Cincy saying how he was tired of playing for losers.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Gonna be honest with you Bear, I doubt this very much.

Color me dubious, too...

I never disliked Hardy and wouldn't scoff at his return, but it just looks like wheel spinning. You know what I mean?

I don't know if it's wheel spinning or not... remember, the situation has changed in Dallas, the Boys are gonna be playing a lot of 3-4... to me, Hardy is tailor-made for the 3-4... he might be a better fit this time around than he was the last time...

Reaction score
I like Hardy, & he is well suited for the 3-4, but it seems we would have heard about the signing by now on other sources if true...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
I like Hardy, & he is well suited for the 3-4, but it seems we would have heard about the signing by now on other sources if true...
Exactly. No way DC.com leaves a signing unreported for this long.

Reaction score
ILB/OLB: Kevin Hardy (cut by Bengals, unsigned)
Is this Hardy rejoicing over losing in Cincy? Well, no, and he canb't be happy about still being on the NFL's unemployment line either.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
UppityCracker2 said:
Is this Hardy rejoicing over losing in Cincy? Well, no, and he canb't be happy about still being on the NFL's unemployment line either.

That's what I read also.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
if you saw him last season, you would know how sllloowww he is. i'd say its a bad move, esp. with his age, we don't need anymore old men.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It is not shocking that Hardy is still available.

There are two other LBers similar in age and talent available (Peter Boulware Anthony Simmons), as well as Jamie Sharper who was also on the market.

There is just an adequate supply right now and most teams will wait before they have to offer a lucrative contract for a vested veteran. None of these players are in their prime or they would be signed. There is something hanging over each one of their heads. They are all good and will make a GM look very smart, but it is supply and demand divided by injury/age concerns.

Bull Frog

Reaction score
UppityCracker2 said:

Ahh, they've edited the description. This morning it said he signed with Dallas.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
So does anyone know for sure about this signing or not. I think it makes alot of sense. He had more sacks last year than our entire Linebacking core COMBINED. He didn't play bad at MLB for the Bengals. His skills may be better suited for the 3-4 anyway. Size is another component he instantly adds 30 lbs to our LBers over Singleton going 6'4" 260 lbs