Has anyone been watching LOST ?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a pretty cool show, has a strong Stephen King type of feel to it.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I have seen commercials. Is it a drama or a reality show?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I'm addicted to it. It's a great show, although don't try to explain it to non-watchers, because it sounds really hokey and contrived when you explain what's going on.

"You see there was this polar bear... and then the hot chick was really the escaped convict... and then this other guy, who was in Saddam's Republican Guard, he turns out to be really nice... and then the nine-months pregnant girl and the hobbit start flirting with eachother." :D

I can't wait to see what each new episode is going to bring... one of the best new shows in a long time.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SoTex said:
I have seen commercials. Is it a drama or a reality show?

Not a reality show at all.

My poor wife, blonde lol, thought it was a reality show and said something along the lines of those people being crazy to sign up knowing it the plane would crash lmao...ah but I love her anyways...just gotta get her off those pain meds lol.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Not a reality show at all.

My poor wife, blonde lol, thought it was a reality show and said something along the lines of those people being crazy to sign up knowing it the plane would crash lmao...ah but I love her anyways...just gotta get her off those pain meds lol.

LOL!!

Is this your wife?
suzanne.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White said:
I'm addicted to it. It's a great show, although don't try to explain it to non-watchers, because it sounds really hokey and contrived when you explain what's going on.

"You see there was this polar bear... and then the hot chick was really the escaped convict... and then this other guy, who was in Saddam's Republican Guard, he turns out to be really nice... and then the nine-months pregnant girl and the hobbit start flirting with eachother." :D

I can't wait to see what each new episode is going to bring... one of the best new shows in a long time.

I agree it is sort of out there but I like it.

Terry O'Quinn does a nice job of playing the kind of creepy guy that they are trying to make you believe has something to do with later plots in an ominus way...at least I get that feeling.

This show has potential to keep being very good, but I hope they do not ruin it with something silly.

BTW...I hate when they show the previews like it is going to show you what is going to be in the next episode but then you learn part of the preview is for future shows and not the next episode :mad:

It has a real Stephen King vibe...Maybe even a Michael Crichton (sp?) vibe to it.

I like how they give you little tid bits about some of the characters past, however I can see how it could get frustrating if they keep dragging it out.

I liked the twist with the girl being the one in the marshall's custody.

Either way I hope it continues to be entertaining and hope they tend to shorten the commercial breaks a little.

I would also hope that some of these people (or the writers) would make the people clean up the bodies and bury them to prevent the spreading of disease through flies/mosqitos....I would also think these people would start making some shelter off of the beach with all of the equipment they have available.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White said:
LOL!!

Is this your wife?
suzanne.jpg

No No NO

She is in NO WAY that bad...now her pain meds do make her a little goofy every now and then but she is no where as bad as Chrissy on 3's company.

I do not care how hot a women would be, if they acted as dumb as that character I could not stand it....would drive me insane. :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Terry O'Quinn does a nice job of playing the kind of creepy guy that they are trying to make you believe has something to do with later plots in an ominus way...at least I get that feeling.

This show has potential to keep being very good, but I hope they do not ruin it with something silly.

BTW...I hate when they show the previews like it is going to show you what is going to be in the next episode but then you learn part of the preview is for future shows and not the next episode :mad:

It has a real Stephen King vibe...Maybe even a Michael Crichton (sp?) vibe to it.

I like how they give you little tid bits about some of the characters past, however I can see how it could get frustrating if they keep dragging it out.

I liked the twist with the girl being the one in the marshall's custody.

Either way I hope it continues to be entertaining and hope they tend to shorten the commercial breaks a little.

I would also hope that some of these people (or the writers) would make the people clean up the bodies and bury them to prevent the spreading of disease through flies/mosqitos....I would also think these people would start making some shelter off of the beach with all of the equipment they have available.

Right now, though, they're going one day per episode. So they're only on the fourth day on the island... although they should start with the shelter soon.

Understandably, they're mostly dealing with personality/character development... rather than with the realities of suviving on the island.

P.S. I didn't mean to insult your wife... it just seemed like a very Chrissy or Pheobe thing to say. I'm sure she's a lovely and intelligent woman. Her judgement in men may be a little questionable... but that's another issue altogether! ;)

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
No No NO

I do not care how hot a women would be, if they acted as dumb as that character I could not stand it....would drive me insane. :D

You couldn't STAND it, but could you L...... Well, you see where I'm going. ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White said:
Right now, though, they're going one day per episode. So they're only on the fourth day on the island... although they should start with the shelter soon.

Understandably, they're mostly dealing with personality/character development... rather than with the realities of suviving on the island.

P.S. I didn't mean to insult your wife... it just seemed like a very Chrissy or Pheobe thing to say. I'm sure she's a lovely and intelligent woman. Her judgement in men may be a little questionable... but that's another issue altogether! ;)

It's ok I took it as a joke not an insult.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SoTex said:
You couldn't STAND it, but could you L...... Well, you see where I'm going. ;)

Well if I only seen her for that purpose and the rest of the time I did not have to listen to her ask stupid questions or say stupid things....let's say the mute worked on the remote, or duct tape on the mouth....well maybe I could learn to live with that lol.

But seriously that type of person (like chrissy's character) just gets on my nerves.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Is he the guy with the backgammon game who found the dog? I think we are going to find out that he wasn't on the plane. Perhaps HE will be able to explain the message from 16 years ago!

Great show, great concept. A unlimited amount of possible layers that can be uncovered.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
It's ok I took it as a joke not an insult.

Figured so... just didn't want to be mistaken as talking smack about another man's woman... even though Dallas Cowpoke indirectly accused my Norman-born wife of having the measurements of a buffalo!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
Is he the guy with the backgammon game who found the dog? I think we are going to find out that he wasn't on the plane. Perhaps HE will be able to explain the message from 16 years ago!

Great show, great concept. A unlimited amount of possible layers that can be uncovered.

That's EXACTLY the theory my buddy and I were talking about over lunch today!!! We're you at On the Border in Reston, VA today?

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Well if I only seen her for that purpose and the rest of the time I did not have to listen to her ask stupid questions or say stupid things....let's say the mute worked on the remote, or duct tape on the mouth....well maybe I could learn to live with that lol.

But seriously that type of person (like chrissy's character) just gets on my nerves.

Just rattling your chain BP. I couldn't stay near someone like Chrissy for more than 5 minutes max. :cool:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Monte51Coleman said:

Yes that is the guy...and I do not know if it ever showed him on the plane...but they sure are promoting him as an oddball that has an ominous quality about him like he is crazy or knows something about what is going on.

Notice last nights episode it showed the heavy set guy (hurley?) listening to a CD...the music was can of an uplifting type of little tune and it was showing the different characters and then when it got to Terry's character the music changed to some daunting tune/music.

Also in an earlier episode everyone ran for cover when it started raining yet he kept sitting on thebeach looking at the ocean or forest and then looked up and smiled in a weird way...then you have the whole orange in the mouth thing that was freaky.

I just hope this show keeps being good and does not get cancelled.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Yes that is the guy...and I do not know if it ever showed him on the plane...but they sure are promoting him as an oddball that has an ominous quality about him like he is crazy or knows something about what is going on.

Notice last nights episode it showed the heavy set guy (hurley?) listening to a CD...the music was can of an uplifting type of little tune and it was showing the different characters and then when it got to Terry's character the music changed to some daunting tune/music.

Also in an earlier episode everyone ran for cover when it started raining yet he kept sitting on thebeach looking at the ocean or forest and then looked up and smiled in a weird way...then you have the whole orange in the mouth thing that was freaky.

I just hope this show keeps being good and does not get cancelled.

I think the orange in the mouth was an homage to The Godfather. The guy does look a little bit like Brando.

One other thing, IF you had the batteries to power a CD player, don't you think you'd be better served saving them for something more important?? Like a radio or a transmitter, or a flashlight?

I also can't help thinking what a tough life that doctor's had... first he loses his parents in a car accident and has to raise his four brothers and sisters by himself, then he gets in a horrific plane crash. Some people have no luck. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White said:
I think the orange in the mouth was an homage to The Godfather. The guy does look a little bit like Brando.

One other thing, IF you had the batteries to power a CD player, don't you think you'd be better served saving them for something more important?? Like a radio or a transmitter, or a flashlight?

I also can't help thinking what a tough life that doctor's had... first he loses his parents in a car accident and has to raise his four brothers and sisters by himself, then he gets in a horrific plane crash. Some people have no luck. :D

I thought about that (the batteries) when he was playing that...but I guess some are just not thinking long term even some of those things I spoke about earlier.

Also when the show first started the wife said...that Doc is Charlie and it took me a little to figure out what she was talking about lol.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I've been wanting to see it but keep missing it for some reason.

I liked The 4400 though.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I thought about that (the batteries) when he was playing that...but I guess some are just not thinking long term even some of those things I spoke about earlier.

Also when the show first started the wife said...that Doc is Charlie and it took me a little to figure out what she was talking about lol.

Not that I ever watched Party of Five :eek:

I musta just read an article about him or something.