Has anyone been watching LOST ?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have thought of the dead thing but started to rule it out because of the pregnant woman...before when she wasn't feeling the baby move I thought they were all dead, but then she felt it kick and that wiped that idea from my mind.

The bermuda triangle type of scenario has came into my mind...also a star trek type of scenario where they are in some vortex, temporal void and what ever other type of situation that is star trek-ish.

As far as the coffin being empty...I wonder if the airlines just tried to settle him down by putting the coffin on board, as he was getting loud and angry at the airport...so they just put the coffin on board so he could see it loaded and calm him down, yet kept the body somewhere so they would not be breaking the rules of the airlines....but then again that may not work as they probably would be afraid of a law suit.

Who knows...but it is interesting and I will be curious to see if the heavy guy (hurly sp?) has an interesting past as he seems like a fun guy.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Locke seems to know a lot more than he's letting on, I wonder what his comments to the doctor about seeing the center of the island meant.

I know if I were wheelchair bound and could suddenly walk, I would be telling everyone immediately and having the doctor check me out.

As far as everyone being dead, that's highly likely, but maybe an energy source on the island brings things back to life. That would explain the baby moving again,or the polar bear's carcass floated up on the island, the Dr's father got up out of the coffin himself, and Locke's tissues regenerated themselves.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski said:
Locke seems to know a lot more than he's letting on, I wonder what his comments to the doctor about seeing the center of the island meant.

I know if I were wheelchair bound and could suddenly walk, I would be telling everyone immediately and having the doctor check me out.

As far as everyone being dead, that's highly likely, but maybe an energy source on the island brings things back to life. That would explain the baby moving again,or the polar bear's carcass floated up on the island, the Dr's father got up out of the coffin himself, and Locke's tissues regenerated themselves.

reanimator.jpg

If one has seen the movie they would get the drift of the joke.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski said:

Maybe Locke was afraid of even talking about his legs to others in fear that it, they, may stop working again.

Early in the show (not this past episode) when it started down pouring he was the only one to stay out in the rain, in an almost meditation type sitting fashion but then raises his hands towards the sky and smiling.

Also he said he saw the center of the island...and we know he seems to be the only one who this mysterious creature/force has had direct contact with and lived.

This also somehow makes me wonder about my star trek type of theory...vortex, wormhole, paradox or something along those lines that maybe a trees are falling down because something is phasing in or out...or a tear in time is opening or closing.

Who knows...but it really is a series that makes you think and keeps you interested....the problem becomes IMO...is making what really is the cause of this as interesting as the speculation of the cause.

Reaction score
Danny White said:
So I had a new theory while watching this episode... that they're all really dead and in a sort of heaven, and/or in some kind of limbo/purgatory. That would explain Jack seeing his dead dad, as well as Locke being able to walk.

Then I came across this article on TV Guide.com and realized I'm not the only one to have thought of this. :(

Umm, scroll up to post 34 and notice the date.

Reaction score
This is indeed a great show. It's rough waiting a week for the next episode.

A couple of thoughts... I don't think they're dead. Did for awhile, but why would they be hungry & thirsty? I like that the Doc went thru his period of self doubt (heavy psychological stuff stemming from his overbearing father) but then got his sh** together & now has them thinking about shelter, food, etc. This is going to open up alot of new questions, cause now they're going to have to start exploring the island in earnest.

The whole thing about the coffin perplexed me. I could see his father appearing & leading him to a water source, filling the role of a guardian angel of sorts to somehow make up for letting him down in life. Interesting though that except for the 1st three times he saw him (in the surf, on the beach, & right after he followed him off the beach and into the jungle) that his dad's back was turned to him, just as it had apparantly been for many years. It was definitely a spirit though. (No one else saw him plus he did a really good disappearing act.) So he finds the water which just happens to be right next to yet another section of the plane... How many pieces did this thing break into? It's not the cockpit/1st class section since it was resting flat on the ground. It can't be the tail section - that has to have landed miles out into the ocean since the main section is right on the beach facing inland. I have no idea why the coffin was empty though. Hopefully they'll enlighten us somewhat in future episodes. Right along with the polar bear & the radio message thats been broadcasting for eight years...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last nights show was pretty good.

Locke telling the guy to get something from the island you have to give something to the island..hmmm I wonder what Locke gave.

The history of the Korean couple was interesting and I wonder if the situation on last nights episode finally makes the couple (or just one of them) open up more instead of sticking to themselves.

What happened to the coffin...I noticed when they went back to get the water I did not see the coffin...or maybe I just missed it.

A slight division developing ...two seperate groups...one to stay on the beach one to live at the water source/cave....hmmm remind anyone of the Lord of the Flies a little.

I did not see the pregnant lady at all last night...not sure if that means anything or they were just concentrating on other characters.

Good stuff, next weeks show looks to be interesting as well.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
After he said that, I thought that in order for them to get off the island, they're going to have to leave people behind for good.

Maybe that's what those dead bodies were.

I'm interested in the heavy-set guy's story-- it's the one I'm waiting on.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski said:
After he said that, I thought that in order for them to get off the island, they're going to have to leave people behind for good.

Maybe that's what those dead bodies were.

I'm interested in the heavy-set guy's story-- it's the one I'm waiting on.

Good Idea on the first part.

I am also interested on the heavy guy's past (hurley sp?)....he just seems so happy go lucky and it will be interesting if it shows his past being bad..or if he is just one of the few on the island that does not have a bad past.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
An article in TV Guide (LOST on the cover) pointed out a few interesting details. In episode 2, Walt was reading a Spanish Green Lantern comic book with a Polar Bear on it. (The comic was about accidently attacking a friendly alien race)

The show's creator claimed that every prop and detail may play an important role.

The characters will later hint that they may already be dead.

Tobal

Reaction score
A friend of mine thinks they are all seeing thier own nightmare/dream

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Midswat said:
Let the record show I have not been watching Lost at all.

It is too bad...your girl in the pic told me she loves it and likes to talk about the show...she PM's me all the time about it. ;) :p

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Lost is getting good now.
It's getting weirder by the minute.
Can't wait till next week.

And is this girl hot or what/

Evangeline Lilly
normal_confidenceman-008.jpg

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
Lost is getting good now.
It's getting weirder by the minute.
Can't wait till next week.

And is this girl hot or what/

Evangeline Lilly
normal_confidenceman-008.jpg

Jacs would hit it... well, for that matter, so would I... ;)

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Jacs would hit it... well, for that matter, so would I... ;)

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/other-checkitout.gif