Has anyone ever been to a Raider game?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
All I can say is it can't be worse than "Philthy".

I went to the Vet back in 91. Thought I was in a 3rd world country.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Its no shame in not representing in oaktown. If I had to go to a game there I would wear a pair of jeans, a plain ole t-shirt with something benign on it. I would cheer my l;ittle butt off, but would not put the blue and silver face paint on and leave the Vinny Jersey at home (that was a joke, like we would actually have a vinny jersey). But you get what we mean, represent at your discression, but if you choose not too, it will be ok this one time in this one place.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Its no shame in not representing in oaktown. If I had to go to a game there I would wear a pair of jeans, a plain ole t-shirt with something benign on it. I would cheer my l;ittle butt off, but would not put the blue and silver face paint on and leave the Vinny Jersey at home (that was a joke, like we would actually have a vinny jersey). But you get what we mean, represent at your discression, but if you choose not too, it will be ok this one time in this one place.

Can you find an old Randal Willaims Dallas jersey ? Did they even make any ?...lol

MrPhil

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Went to one Raiders game when they were in LA and left at Halftime. I swore I would never go to another one. Their fans are the worst I have ever personally seen (never been to an Eagles game).

I used to get free tickets to all of the sporting events in LA but I gave away all of the Raiders tickets after that one time. It is just not enjoyable for me to have to watch my back while trying to watch the game. There were lots of fights and stuff being thrown at opposing teams fans. Constant yelling and taunting, and God help you if you brought your wife or girlfriend to the game because those animals are merciless towards women.

They have no regard for kids either as we saw a guy with two little boys wearing Cowboys jerseys had beer dumped on their heads, food and cups thrown at them, and a constant stream of profanity shouted their way. Eventually the dad got into a fight with several of them and was only rescued by a bunch of Cowboys fans and the cops who FINALLY showed up even though there had been numerous complaints.

I used to like the Raiders back in the late 60s & 70s but when they moved to LA I stopped liking them. I did meet some of the players and for the most part they were pretty cool (except for Lyle Alzado who I almost got into a fight with because I was looking at his woman).

I played basketball with Marcus Allen and Howie Long a few times in Manhattan Beach and they were very nice guys. Howie took it easy on us but Allen is a full on competitor and the hardest guy I have ever met. His body was like concrete! I was bigger than him and was used to bulling guys out of my way but hitting him was like running into a steel pole, I bouced off of him and hurt for days afterwards. It was amazing!

I don't particularly hate the Raiders players but I can't stand their fans and I do hate the team, especially Al Davis for reasons too numerous to list here.

My advice, sell the tickets and watch the game on TV.

That sounds almost exactly like my experience at a Dallas-Filthy game at the old Vet years ago. I will never go back to that city again unless it is for work and I hav no choice.

The only thing that saved me that day was the weather! We were so bundled up that noone could tell who we were rooting for and it took us about 5 seconds to realize we better keep our mouths shut.

One thing that I will never forget after the game (which Filthy made a comeback win) was that Filthy fans were fighting with Filthy fans on the concourse.

Whoever said it was like a third world country was right on the money.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Oakland itself isn't the nicest place in the world. My guess is that you won't get as much flack as you would have if you were wearing Chiefs or Broncos colors. Be careful, though. I face the same dilemma in another month, I have tickets to see the boys play the Eagles on MNF in Philly.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
I grew up 12 miles from Oakland and went to a Cowboys-Raiders game there back in '95 with my dad. I was sporting my Aikman jersey and a Cowboys hat, and the Cowboys won 34-21 (they went on to win Super Bowl XXX that year).

After the game, angry Raiders fans chucked cups and other crap at the Cowboys players as they exited to the locker room. It got so bad that Troy Aikman publicly criticized the fans after the game, and Oakland Coliseum adopted a new rule banning alcohol sale after the 3rd quarter. There were a few fights in the parking lot, most of them ending with battered/bloodied Cowboys fans. I was cussed out by a bunch of angry Raiders fans, most of them drunken grown men.

Oh...did I mention I was 10 years old at the time?
That's really a shame... Where are the Oakland cops? I don't think battery is legal just because you're at a football game. And if the police or stadium security are so corrupt that they're willing to look the other way, you'd almost think Tagliabue would do something about it. Sooner or later someone's going to get seriously injured and the league might find itself liable.

ratpower

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Went to one Raiders game when they were in LA and left at Halftime. I swore I would never go to another one. Their fans are the worst I have ever personally seen (never been to an Eagles game).

I used to get free tickets to all of the sporting events in LA but I gave away all of the Raiders tickets after that one time. It is just not enjoyable for me to have to watch my back while trying to watch the game. There were lots of fights and stuff being thrown at opposing teams fans. Constant yelling and taunting, and God help you if you brought your wife or girlfriend to the game because those animals are merciless towards women.

They have no regard for kids either as we saw a guy with two little boys wearing Cowboys jerseys had beer dumped on their heads, food and cups thrown at them, and a constant stream of profanity shouted their way. Eventually the dad got into a fight with several of them and was only rescued by a bunch of Cowboys fans and the cops who FINALLY showed up even though there had been numerous complaints.

I used to like the Raiders back in the late 60s & 70s but when they moved to LA I stopped liking them. I did meet some of the players and for the most part they were pretty cool (except for Lyle Alzado who I almost got into a fight with because I was looking at his woman).

I played basketball with Marcus Allen and Howie Long a few times in Manhattan Beach and they were very nice guys. Howie took it easy on us but Allen is a full on competitor and the hardest guy I have ever met. His body was like concrete! I was bigger than him and was used to bulling guys out of my way but hitting him was like running into a steel pole, I bouced off of him and hurt for days afterwards. It was amazing!

I don't particularly hate the Raiders players but I can't stand their fans and I do hate the team, especially Al Davis for reasons too numerous to list here.

My advice, sell the tickets and watch the game on TV.

Great stories...I went to Dallas/Raiders in LA but was alright since there were 40,000 Cowboy fans to the 50,000 Raider fans. At the time, it was the most fun I've had in a sporting event (Cowboys won with triplets) but I also vowed I would not go to another Raider home game, way too hostile...I went to SD and SF but I'm passing on the Black Hole...

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I have been to two Cowboy/Raider games in Oakland and one in LA. Still vivid in my mind was one time a guy wearing a Cowboys jersey was at the urinal and pumping his fist yelling "Cowboys!". A group of 3-4 guys, at least it started with 3 or 4, came up behind the guy and smashed him into the urinal. That wasn't crappy enough so they threw him on the ground and beat on him with his pants and drawers down to his ankles. I was wearing neutral colors since my seats were in the Black hole. I pulled a few of the guys away and the cops finally came in. It was a total gang menatlity. One of the few times that I honestly feared for my life. Watch out what you do wear and say.

I did get those accidental beers spilled on me for cheering, threatened in the parking lot, cussed at, etc. That was mostly because I didn't have Raider's colors on. Be careful dude.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
DO NOT WEAR YOUR GEAR. *** Raiders fans are worse than Eagles fans. The Raiders fans will turn on themselves if people from the opposing team do not show up!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I have--two as a matter of fact.

Let's just say it is like a Hell's Angel convention. On acid.

Reaction score
*** don't scare the poor guy. Listen I have been to Raider/Cowboy before and I am going this weekend with about 10 other Dallas fans. We will all wear our gear, and after last weekend's game there will be more Cowboy fans in the house. Just enjoy the game don't yell back when they talk **** to you. Have fun PM me if you want to meet up with my boys and I before the game. I know we are drinking at Pedro's across the street from the stadium forsure!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Are fans allowed to bring camcorders into stadiums and take footage?

Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
I'm going to the game this weekend. I'm wondering if it's as bad a fanbase to be around as I've heard. I'm going regardless. My seats are directly above the blackhole(idiot ville in back of the endzone). I'm know opposing fans can get anal eveywhere, but I'm just wondering if I should be worried.

I'l be sporting my Dallas gear no matter what. I just hope I don't sit next to the guy that shanked that Charger fan a few years back.

No I haven't and damned sure it will never happen..........I am too old and feeble to attend a "gladiator vs. christians" showdown in Oakland! :chop:

mmurray21

Reaction score
I have been to Raider games with Denver fans wearing Denver Jerseys with Denver kicking the Raiders ***. I have been to Raider games against Kansas City. Nothing happened. You can never discount what others have actually seen(not heard), but I think it really depends on where you are and how much alcohol has been consumed.

By the way, I went to the Cowboys-Philly game in Dallas a couple of years back and this Cowboy fan was drunk and wanted to fight everyone in a Philly jersey(as Philly completely ripped Dallas apart). This went on for 3 quarters until he was ascorted out of the building.

This type of BS can happen anywhere where alcohol and machismo are in large quantities.

VirusX

Reaction score
Show up with a raider jersey on sit down talk to them a little before kickoff.. Then when its about to be kicked pull your raiders jersey off and put on your Dallas hat and display your Roy Jersey proudly.. :laugh2:

:lmao2:

DBoys

Reaction score
Here is a blog from Raiders fans talking about this

http://raidertake.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Dear Cowboys Fan

In a Raiders chatroom yesterday, a Cowboys fan wrote that he has tickets to the upcoming game. He is wondering if he would be "committing suicide" by showing up in a Cowboys jersey, and if he should wear black as a disguise. Following is my take, which applies to fans of any visiting team:

You can wear the Cowboys jersey, just don't act like an idiot. I mean that with all due respect. Not because I assume that you're an idiot, but because I've seen too many of the opposing team's fans strut into the Coliseum and paint a target on their back. They stand up in front of Raiders fans and do a jig when our QB is sacked, make a bunch of obnoxious noise when our crowd has been silenced, etc. Don't tell me no one is that stupid. I've seen it. These are the folks who are asking for trouble, which can be found in any crowd of 50,000 people.

Raiders fans are vocal and passionate, but they are not the criminals they've been made out to be (see my I Love Al Davis take for more thoughts on that subject). They are typically hard-working regular folks who love to have a good time on Sunday afternoon. This will include giving you an earful of creative and heartfelt insults for wearing your Cowboys gear. Enjoy it, because it's all in good fun.

Or, try this...Leave the Cowboys gear at home, go as a neutral participant, and keep an open mind. I'll bet that, by the time you walk out of the Coliseum, you may wish you belonged to the Raider Nation, because of the intensity, passion and uniqueness of the experience. And if you get that feeling, then welcome, brother, to the Raider Nation, because the door is always open. You never really liked the Cowboys in the first place, right?

Dion2288

Reaction score
·[A]koN· said:
.. Its Cali wut can u expect... :p:

Born in Oakland raised in the area as a Cowboys fan.

You'll run into a lot of bikers, thugz, and wannabe thugz. Just be smart have fun and you'll be fine.

BTW...watch out for the flying cups containing fluid that looks like beer. :p: