Has anyone looked into the Tartarian World Empire theory?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Given the current events going on in this area, has anyone looked into the Tartarian World Empire theory? If so, what has intrigued you? I enjoy looking into it.

Within my lifetime, with all the technology, communication, and record keeping we have today, history is easily corrupted and lied about. How easy would it have been to do when the normal person could not access the world through technology.

OIP.lRbkkcpAfzW1FNQyl9RXfQHaDN

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Moderator Edit: The following image and embedded footnote cannot be located on the Encyclopædia Britannica website. It may have existed in a pre-19th century edition of the reference publication.

1754-i-e-carte-de-l%E2%80%99asie-1-jpg.1

"Tartary, a vast country in the northern parts of Asia, bounded by Siberia on the north and west: this is called Great Tartary. The Tartars who lie south of Muscovy and Siberia, are those of Astracan, Circassia, and Dagistan, situated north-west of the Caspian-sea; the Calmuc Tartars, who lie between Siberia and the Caspian-sea; the Usbec Tartars and Moguls, who lie north of Persia and India; and lastly, those of Tibet, who lie north-west of China." - Encyclopedia Britannica, Vol. III, Edinburgh, 1771, p. 887.

Last edited by a moderator:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
There are lots of cool maps, and documentation of parts of American being part of Tartaria. Some Russian historians believe as late as the 1700s, Tartaria had control of the north western parts of the US

dsturgeon

Reaction score
https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=26334&msclkid=9f9182d3a84a11ec9650b0a490d167f3

Fort_Ross_SHP_Aerial_View.jpg

Located on the California coast, Fort Ross State Historic Park was established in the early 1800s as Russian-American settlement from 1821 until 1841.

This commercial company chartered by Russia's tsarist government controlled all Russian exploration, trade and settlement in the North Pacific, and established permanent settlements in Alaska and California. Fort Ross was the southernmost settlement in the Russian colonization of the North American continent, and was established as an agricultural base to supply Alaska. It was the site of California's first windmills and shipbuilding, and Russian scientists were among the first to record California’s cultural and natural history. Fort Ross was a successfully functioning multi-cultural settlement for some thirty years. Settlers included Russians, Native Alaskans and Californians, and Creoles (individuals of mixed Russian and native ancestry.)

dsturgeon

Reaction score
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Jedediah-Smith

In 1824 Smith belonged to the party that rediscovered the South Pass, a passage to the Northwest through Wyoming. Two years later he and a trading party (Smith now owned his own trading company) left the Great Salt Lake and crossed the Mojave Desert to southern California, becoming the first Americans to enter California from the east.

First American from the east to get to california 1824. It was southern california

We bought alaska from russia in 1867.

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I think it is interesting stuff and a cool possibility of a great tartarian empire. There are lots of questions about the great wall of china

nobody

Reaction score
I understand forgotten/lost empires, but one that huge being intentionally erased from history via some global conspiracy? I don't buy it....from what I read of it it lasted until almost WWI? Right. My grandparents were alive then. It's funny how nobody from that generation mentioned anything about it...not one person...somehow the entire globe agreed to shut up about something? I have a better chance of the water in my glass turning into solid gold.

I'd get a smaller, shorter-lasting one being erased by the victors that conquered it many centuries ago. But the scale and scope of something like Tartaria? No way.

It's a fascinating alternate history idea that would be great for a fiction novel or tv show though.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I understand forgotten/lost empires, but one that huge being intentionally erased from history via some global conspiracy? I don't buy it....from what I read of it it lasted until almost WWI? Right. My grandparents were alive then. It's funny how nobody from that generation mentioned anything about it...not one person...somehow the entire globe agreed to shut up about something? I have a better chance of the water in my glass turning into solid gold.

I'd get a smaller, shorter-lasting one being erased by the victors that conquered it many centuries ago. But the scale and scope of something like Tartaria? No way.

It's a fascinating alternate history idea that would be great for a fiction novel or tv show though.
I like conspiracy theories as fun. Kind of an alternative to pure fiction. You can catch some interesting factual nuggets along the way (Aliester Crowley working for Winston Churchill in WW2). The Tatarian stuff never really capitivated me

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I like conspiracy theories as fun. Kind of an alternative to pure fiction. You can catch some interesting factual nuggets along the way (Aliester Crowley working for Winston Churchill in WW2). The Tatarian stuff never really capitivated me

Churchill, Stalin, Roosevelt, Crowley were all high level free masons.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

Whether it is true or not it is interesting to think about on many levels. Besides what they read in the books or newspaper articles that were provided, how much actually information do you think your grandparents got of the east? With all the technology today, what true information do the north Koreans get? Every war or conflict we get into now, the narrative seems to fall through in hindsight. With the whole womens swimming narrative going on at the moment, a large part of the country no longer believes one of the basic fundamentals of life that there is no alternative for.

nobody

Reaction score

Now I didn't say they weren't interesting or fun to read about. I just find a lot of them really hard to swallow!

Whether it is true or not it is interesting to think about on many levels. Besides what they read in the books or newspaper articles that were provided, how much actually information do you think your grandparents got of the east? With all the technology today, what true information do the north Koreans get? Every war or conflict we get into now, the narrative seems to fall through in hindsight. With the whole womens swimming narrative going on at the moment, a large part of the country no longer believes one of the basic fundamentals of life that there is no alternative for.

I completely agree that it's interesting. I just think that an empire that large couldn't just be made to disappear from history.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I completely agree that it's interesting. I just think that an empire that large couldn't just be made to disappear from history.

All the true/false history the majority of people know comes from a few snipets they learn in-between lunch, sports, band, and summer break. Those snipets get reinforced through other small snipets periodically. If you ask most people what lincoln did, you get 1 answer that is not entirely true, nothing about demolishing states rights, his witch wife, connection to bankers, ties to communism,, etc. That is not that far back in history, when people had advanced communications

Text books, dictionaries, word meanings, wikipedia change in our own generation before our eyes, and no one notices. Aside from the control on what gets published and distributed, books are being done away with, and digital media changes at the press of a key

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
All the true/false history the majority of people know comes from a few snipets they learn in-between lunch, sports, band, and summer break. Those snipets get reinforced through other small snipets periodically. If you ask most people what lincoln did, you get 1 answer that is not entirely true, nothing about demolishing states rights, his witch wife, connection to bankers, ties to communism,, etc. That is not that far back in history, when people had advanced communications

Text books, dictionaries, word meanings, wikipedia change in our own generation before our eyes, and no one notices. Aside from the control on what gets published and distributed, books are being done away with, and digital media changes at the press of a key

Now, yes. But we're talking about the past where it was written down and a lot of information passed by word of mouth as well rather than digitally. Some vast global conspiracy managing to silence every source back then? Nope. Sorry man. Sell that somewhere else.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Now, yes. But we're talking about the past where it was written down and a lot of information passed by word of mouth as well rather than digitally. Some vast global conspiracy managing to silence every source back then? Nope. Sorry man. Sell that somewhere else.

I'm not selling anything, I was offering some thought avenues. If you got rid of all information technology and cars and went 20 years in the future, communities in Montana homesteading, would have 0 idea what happened in D.C. unless they came out to collect taxes.

There is cyclopian architecture that spans world wide that no one really knows when it was made, by who, or how they made it.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Moderator Edit: The following image and embedded footnote cannot be located on the Encyclopædia Britannica website. It may have existed in a pre-19th century edition of the reference publication.

1754-i-e-carte-de-l%E2%80%99asie-1-jpg.1

"Tartary, a vast country in the northern parts of Asia, bounded by Siberia on the north and west: this is called Great Tartary. The Tartars who lie south of Muscovy and Siberia, are those of Astracan, Circassia, and Dagistan, situated north-west of the Caspian-sea; the Calmuc Tartars, who lie between Siberia and the Caspian-sea; the Usbec Tartars and Moguls, who lie north of Persia and India; and lastly, those of Tibet, who lie north-west of China." - Encyclopedia Britannica, Vol. III, Edinburgh, 1771, p. 887.

As to the moderator note, there is a surprising amount of information changes that can be compared in Brittanica editions, and not necessarily based on new information found