Has anyone seen the new movie Thanksgiving yet?

Mannix

Reaction score
I haven't been to 5 movies in the last 20 years, but as a fan of the 80's slasher movies, I hear this one is VERY intense...anyone seen it yet and have a take? I may have to go see it next week....got 82% on rotten tomatoes

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The previews look like complete hot garbage.

Such a disgusting and disgraceful pile of dung.

We are worse than Sodom and Gomorrah. Our society is circling the drain. It’s only a matter of time…

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What's wrong with it?
It takes a longstanding peaceful and respectful family tradition (Thanksgiving), and turns it into a disgusting murderous gorefest.

Americans will pay money to get their thrills and excitement from it, but when there is a mass school shooting we are “outraged”.

We have disgusting double standards. We can’t pay for and get excited about one while being outraged about the other.

Our priorities are seriously twisted…

We need to stop glorifying filth and sin, in all aspects of society.

Last edited:

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I see your point but that goes for so many other aspects of our lives too, and even more so in the entertainment industry as a whole. From movies to songs to books...

The question was more technical related as in is this a bad movie or not.

timb2

Reaction score
I see your point but that goes for so many other aspects of our lives too, and even more so in the entertainment industry as a whole. From movies to songs to books...

The question was more technical related as in is this a bad movie or not.
Reminds me of Silent Night which had families upset deceived thinking it was a Family Film for Christmas.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It takes a longstanding peaceful and respectful family tradition (Thanksgiving), and turns it into a disgusting murderous gorefest.

Americans will pay money to get their thrills and excitement from it, but when there is a mass school shooting we are “outraged”.

We have disgusting double standards. We can’t pay for and get excited about one while being outraged about the other.

Our priorities are seriously twisted…

We need to stop glorifying filth and sin, in all aspects of society.
You might need to find a dating service and see if you can find Prince Valium.

I am joking for the record however I do find your post somewhat ironic as you have a nightmare before christmas avatar. Now I know that movie is not full of gore and killling but it is a bunch of dead characters, ghouls and halloween trying to celebrate christmas. If not for a tim burton cartoony format it would be twisted

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't been to 5 movies in the last 20 years, but as a fan of the 80's slasher movies, I hear this one is VERY intense...anyone seen it yet and have a take? I may have to go see it next week....got 82% on rotten tomatoes
Have not seen this one yet but look forward to watching it.
Going in with lower expectations.

Did the same with Violent Night. Comedic christmas movie with dark side. Really liked it.

I doubt neither are as adult in nature as the Bad Santa movies. Bad Santa has become a December must watch tradition now in my house.

Plankton

Reaction score
I saw it opening weekend. The violence and gore was gratuitous, but the movie was entertaining nonetheless. It kind of had an I Know What You Did Last Summer feel to it. If you go in with low expectations, it's hard not to be satisfied in the end.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You might need to find a dating service and see if you can find Prince Valium.

I am joking for the record however I do find your post somewhat ironic as you have a nightmare before christmas avatar. Now I know that movie is not full of gore and killling but it is a bunch of dead characters, ghouls and halloween trying to celebrate christmas. If not for a tim burton cartoony format it would be twisted
There is something completely different about a movie that takes real life murder and glorifies it in despicable ways to get the audience excited and thrilled, and a cartoon made up fantasy movie that could never possibly happen.

If you can’t tell the difference between these two things, I don't know what to tell you.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is something completely different about a movie that takes real life murder and glorifies it in despicable ways to get the audience excited and thrilled, and a cartoon made up fantasy movie that could never possibly happen.

If you can’t tell the difference between these two things, I don't know what to tell you.
You do realize a movie is not real life murder right? You do realize it is all make believe? If you can not tell the difference I do not know what to tell you.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You do realize a movie is not real life murder right? You do realize it is all make believe? If you can not tell the difference I do not know what to tell you.
People emulate what they see. People are copycats by nature.

And violent movies desensitize people and dehumanize victims. We shouldn’t be supporting filth that does those things.

I get it though. You want to get thrills from a movie that make gore and violent killing edgy and exciting. And you also want to show outrage when someone goes into a school and shoots up little children.

We live in a world that loves it’s double standards.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
People emulate what they see. People are copycats by nature.

And violent movies desensitize people and dehumanize victims. We shouldn’t be supporting filth that does those things.

I get it though. You want to get thrills from a movie that make gore and violent killing edgy and exciting. And you also want to show outrage when someone goes into a school and shoots up little children.

We live in a world that loves it’s double standards.
This is a ridiculous take.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clean But Dirty Jokes by DallasEast

Guy walked into a bar. He wanted to make a great impression on his sexy date but he was not certain whether to take her to see a particular movie. He asked the bartender, "Have you seen this movie yet? The lady I am seeing loves scary movies and I hope it is very scary!"

Bartender tells him, "Life sucks. It sucks. Everything sucks. You and she will suck after going to see it."

Guy shakes his head in agreement and says with a huge grin, "Really? Thanks!"