Has Dez signed with anyone?

Verdict

Reaction score
Hey guys! Has Dez signed with anyone yet? I'm just asking for a friend. I keep hearing he is weighing "all those offers" and I wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Xelda

Reaction score
The entire situation is really sad. I didn't think I'd feel bad for Dez, but I'm starting to.

Verdict

Reaction score

Verdict

Reaction score
Obsess much?

Hey there, my friend. Glad to see you joined the party!

Caveat! You may not find the substance of this thread to your liking. I'm glad to have you here, but if it's too much for you there are plenty of other threads you may enjoy a lot more than this one.

Have you heard anything on the Dez unemployment situation? Has he signed and we missed it? Any teams interested in signing him? I figure you guys would know about any and all options he is considering. I can't wait to hear all about his options and/or potential raise I was promised he would receive immediately upon being cut.

Verdict

Reaction score
Why? He had an offer evidently for 7 mill a year or a 3 year deal with the Ravens and he turns it down for some revenge plan? He either is rolling in the dough or not smart enough to take a good offer.

That's pretty good money if it was legit! He should have told them he would throw in a 4th year at the same rate!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's pretty good money if it was legit! He should have told them he would throw in a 4th year at the same rate!

Ravens instead signed Willie Sneed 2 year 10.5 mill. Given limited cap space that offer is no longer there with the Ravens

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
After Will McClay let it out why the Cowboys released Dez, I doubt he gets any takers at the price he wants. Will McClay is pretty respected among the NFL scouting departments.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
His ego and desire to play vs the boys left 21 million on the table. He will be lucky if he exceeds that number ever again. Other than the Jets right now with the Robbie Anderson drama there is no team in need of a former #1 receiver.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He'll get an offer sooner or later, after the June 1 cuts probably. And if not that, the chances of every good receiver in the league going all through camp and pre-season without a season ending injury are pretty small.

Eventually some team will get desperate and take a shot on him...

plymkr

Reaction score
Ok I'm a little confused about this situation. The article said that Dez turned down a 3 yr 21 million deal because he wants a one year "prove it contract". Isn't 7 million a year the type of deal he would get after he played the one year deal that proves he still has "it". It seems like he skipped the high paying job because he wanted a lower paying job to show everyone he can get another high paying. Why didn't he just take the high paying job to begin with. It's like saying I'm going to turn down a CEO job offer to take an internship to prove people that I can handle a CEO position.

So either he wanted to play for an NFC east so bad that it screwed up his judgement or he believes he's still a 10-14 million a year player. Or maybe both.

I just can't imagine a team would not sign Dez to be a second receiver or even a 3rd receiver for the league minimum. He's still very talented. Not a top 5 receiver but still can help an offense.

someone posted that Will McClay let out the reason why Dallas released him and McClay is pretty respected among the NFL execs. What information would that be? It must have been some serious news to scare people off.

jay94

Reaction score
He has his heart set out on beating a mediocre team, I question his intelligence. While I would look for a better fit than the Ravens, but even if you beat the Cowboys twice in a year you literally prove nothing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
29uhhh.jpg