Has The Cowboys Superbowl Drought

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Effected fans ability to really appreciate what we have or have had in quarterbacks like Tony Romo and Dak Prescott.

The constant criticism aimed at Cowboy QB's by fans is really crazy, and in my humble opinion is way over the top most of the time. Most of it I feel comes from fans frustration and anger around the teams inability to bring that Superbowl trophy back home to Dallas where it belongs. Fans argue all the time over the reason behind the drought, with The general consensus mostly coming down to the front office, coaching and of course the field generals Our QB. Now while i do understand the frustration fans feel not having won the big one in a long time, i urge fans to take a moment, pause, and realize we have a great one at QB

Romo is retired so lets focus on Dak and how his 7 completed seasons and current 8th year stacks up against other Elite Qbs first 8 years ( i compiled these stats from ESPN Career Stats Keep in mind Dak And Mahomes still have not finished there current season)

Dak Prescott ( 8th year not finished )
GP 110 - Completion Per 66.9 - Yards 28,448 - AVG 7.6 - TD 194 - INT 71 - QB Rating - 99.0
Dan Marino
GP 119 - Completion Per 59.2 - Yards 31,416 - Avg 7.5 - TD 241 - Int 136 - QB Rating - 88.87
Brett Favre
GP 127 - Completion Per 61.2 - Yards 30,894 - Avg 7.1 - TD 235 - Int 139 - QB Rating - 87.3
Tom Brady
GP 112. - Completion Per 63.0 - Yards 26,440 - AVG 7.2 - TD 197 - Int 86 - QB Rating 91.5
Drew Brees
GP 121 - Completion Per 64.4 - Yards 30,425 - AVG 7.3 - TD 201 - Int 110 - QB Rating 91.2
Patrick Mahomes ( 5 yrs Done 6th is this year not finished )
GP 93 - Completion Per 66.4 - Yards 27,639 - AVG 7.9 - TD 215 - Int 60 - QB Rating 103.9
Ben Rothlisberger ( I cant spell that name )
GP 114 - Completion Per 63.1 - Yards 26,579 - AVG 8.1 - TD 165 - Int 100 - QB Rating 92.9
Aaron Rodgers
GP 119 - Completion Per 65.3 - Yards 32,070 - Avg 8.1 - TD 256 - Int 64 - QB Rating 104.8
Phillip Rivers
GP 128 - Completion Per 64.3 - Yards 32,221 - Avg 7.7 - TD 220 - Int 103 - QB Rating 96.1
Troy Aikman
GP 113 - Completion Per 62.5 - Yards 22,733 - Avg 7.1 - TD 110 - Int 98 - QB Rating 82.0
Eli Manning
GP 121 - Completion Per 57.6 - Yards 27,579 - AVG 6.8 - TD 185 - Int 129 - QB Rating 79.9
Russel Wilson
GP 128 - Completion Rate 64.5 - Yards 29,734 - AVG 7.8 - TD 227 - Int 68 - QB Rating 101.4
John Elway
GP 116 - Completion Rate 54.4 - Yards 24,721 - AVG 6.9 - TD 135 - Int 128 - QB Rating 73.4
Jim Kelly
GP 118 - Completion Rate 60.4 - Yards 26,413 - AVG 7.5 - TD 179 - Int 126 - QB Rating 86.4
Peyton Manning
GP 128 - Completion Rate 64.0 - Yards 33,189 - AVG 7.7 - TD 244 - Int 130 - QB Rating 94.2

Reflecting on this research and what i have watched over the last 8 years I believe Dak is a special QB his stats across the board rank right there or better then all the greats in the first 8 years. Lets look at his draft class here were the Qb's selected :

Jared Goff
Carson Wentz ( still remember eagle fans screaming dak was dink and dunk and Wentz was better Yeah ok look at Daks AVG 7.6 and look at how many Hof QB's were worse through first 8 seasons )
Paxton Lynch
Christian Hackenberg
Jacoby Brissett
Cody Kessler
Conner Cook
All above were taken before Dak
Dak Prescott
Cardale Jones
Kevin Hogan
Nate Sudfeld
Jake Ruduck
Brandon Allen
Jeff Driscoll
Brandon Daughty

Would you take any of them ! No Doubt Cowboys nailed the Dak Pick ! Yes fans can argue those HOF Qb's won superbowls ,well not all! and some did not until late in there careers while others won riding defenses with less then stellar stats Eli Manning im looking at you. Those HOF Qb's all got better as there careers went on, BUT guess what Dak Prescott is getting better also. He has been praised repeatedly by his peers like Troy Aikman , Tom Brady , Aaron Rodgers not to mention coaches like Bill Belichek and so on.....

I am not saying fans shouldn't be frustrated sometimes about taking a sack in the redzone or losing a game ! What i am saying is fans need to take a second put the lack of Superbowl success frustration aside and take an objective look and realize what we have here because Dak is a Special QB with a bright bright future and if fans are not careful your gonna miss enjoying the moment !

Go Cowboys :flagwave:

Eddie

Reaction score
The majority of the QB's on your list has played in and/or won at least 1 Super Bowl.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’re not going to fully appreciate any QB who’s never even led you to a divisional round playoff win. Romo and Dak only have 4 playoff wins between them.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
You’re not going to fully appreciate any QB who’s never even led you to a divisional round playoff win. Romo and Dak only have 4 playoff wins between them.
if you have been around for a long time and remember the dark days when we didnt have a qb you should

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
You think that was all romos fault ?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
if you have been around for a long time and remember the dark days when we didnt have a qb you should
I’ve been around long enough to have experienced the two QBs that did lead the Cowboys to championships. Romo will never measure up to Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman, because he never led the Cowboys to a championship or even a divisional round win in the playoffs. Dak won’t measure up either unless he wins a championship. The bar has been set real high in Dallas.

Jipper

Reaction score
It’s not the drought of not winning a Super Bowl as much as it is the lack of playoff success - honestly I think if this team gets back to an nfcc game it will relax the fan base

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
It’s not the drought of not winning a Super Bowl as much as it is the lack of playoff success - honestly I think if this team gets back to an nfcc game it will relax the fan base
Now see this i agree with ! But i do feel fans and the media slam Dak relentlessly because of said frustration and do not take a second to appreciate how good he has truly been or will be

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
It definitely wasn’t all Romo’s fault and it hasn’t been all Dak’s fault, but with most teams, especially with the Cowboys, a QB is judged by playoff success and championships.
I agree with the first part , i hear you on the second part but i dont think it should be so , i guess hypothetical situation if jim kelly lost 4 here and never won and marino lost in the superbowl his first year and never made it back would we think any less of them here ?

Jipper

Reaction score
Now see this i agree with ! But i do feel fans and the media slam Dak relentlessly because of said frustration and do not take a second to appreciate how good he has truly been or will be
It’s true, and some of the criticism is fair and some of it is the whipping boy element.

Dak has struggled in lots of big moments but he is also playing the absolute best football of his career right now. Maybe that injury hurt him more than we truly all thought it would.

I’d love to see him succeed at the helm of this team and remove all the doubt and skepticism that many of us, including myself, have…..it has started and the path is there l

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
It sheds light on just how difficult it is to get to the Super Bowl let alone win one. In this day and age of instant gratification being an obsession people are less tolerant when their expectations are not met. As a result they become less thankful and appreciative and more judgmental and ignorant.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
It sheds light on just how difficult it is to get to the Super Bowl let alone win one. In this day and age of instant gratification being an obsession people are less tolerant when their expectations are not met. As a result they become less thankful and appreciative and more judgmental and ignorant.
Well said Pipelayer

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree with the first part , i hear you on the second part but i dont think it should be so , i guess hypothetical situation if jim kelly lost 4 here and never won and marino lost in the superbowl his first year and never made it back would we think any less of them here ?
Jim Kelly and even Dan Marino wouldn’t be looked at in the same light as Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman by a majority of the fan base had they played for the Cowboys and not won a championship. Staubach and Aikman set the bar high with multiple championships. It spoiled the fan base, which is why anything less than a championship isn’t acceptable by many fans. You don’t sound like one of those fans.