Has the league admitted screwing up by not reviewing Dak's TD?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Define always? All players always do it?

In the video they likely were. Since players do that score or not most of the time. Or are you saying they hold their hands up indefinitely until they walk back to the sidelines? Maybe. But I haven’t seen it.

It was a fourth down play there would’ve been a dispute had the players seen the ball in the endzone after they unpeeled the bodies. I’m not wasting anymore time with this, some of you are just looking for anything to argue about. Have fun spending another 10 pages on this. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yet they spot the ball where it ends up being recovered after they unpile 10 guys all the time after a fumble. Apparently they can do THAT without seeing the ball..

They saw the ball after they unpiled the bodies and apparently it was where they spotted it. None of the Cowboys players were disputing it. There were several of them standing there watching the bodies be unpeeled.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It was a fourth down play there would’ve been a dispute had the players seen the ball in the endzone after they unpeeled the bodies. I’m not wasting anymore time with this, some of you are just looking for anything to argue about. Have fun spending another 10 pages on this. Lol
You said you weren’t discussing it anymore long ago. If I get a vote I vote you stop too.

If you can’t see it’s a td by the video you aren’t able to.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You said you weren’t discussing it anymore long ago. If I get a vote I vote you stop too.

If you can’t see it’s a td by the video you aren’t able to.

Not discussing it anymore with you and a few others who seem to be bent on keeping this going for another couple of days. You’re now looking for different arguments to try and keep this going. It’s silly to be arguing about a call that didn’t cost us the game. It’s obvious some of you must be bored.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

First post on the 15th page. You're like Nostradamus!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
First post on the 15th page. You're like Nostradamus!

That was an easy call. Don’t know if you’ve bailed on this thread yet but once I pull out it will die. Once they don’t have anyone to argue with they’ll move on. They can always revive the Dez catch.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That was an easy call. Don’t know if you’ve bailed on this thread yet but once I pull out it will die. Once they don’t have anyone to argue with they’ll move on. They can always revive the Dez catch.

That would be a short thread because that's when I've got 'em. There are people here still butthurt from threads on that years ago. Lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They were in a perfect position but a number of bodies were covering the ball. It was buried in a pile of bodies. None of the technology available could locate the ball. No one even mentioned this play until this thread was started. You and a few others are making a big deal out of it no one else is talking about it. This thread is 14 pages long and we won the game. Lol
So don't respond dude. Simple.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Bentley (8) as he jumps over, touches Dak on the upper back AND on his butt.

Not while his knee is down..again IF that guy was hitting him from the front stopping him that would be one thing...he is behind him while his knee is still not down

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hard not to respond when fans keep making themselves look silly.
Well, there you go. Instead of a friendly debate you have to insult. Don't worry, it's impossible to offend me. But don't whine about the thread still going because you disagree and then STILL keep posting about how silly people are. I'll talk about whatever I want, I don't need your validation.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Not while his knee is down..again IF that guy was hitting him from the front stopping him that would be one thing...he is behind him while his knee is still not down

Wait, wait, wait. You posted that you'd agree with me if you saw that he was "touched by a Pats player clearly ..." I just showed you he was touched by the same Pats player twice. Now you're saying while his knee was down? He doesn't have to touch him while the knee was down even though he did (the pic I showed). If you touch a guy before they're on the way to the ground, they're down at the point they come down.

Here are your posts (relevant parts in bold):
Thats the argument MarcusRock can not overcome as I said before the only 2 logical calls would be TD from the fact not one Pats player hit him before the end zone or TD from the fact he was across the line after the pile was uncovered...there is no logical reason it was spotted short...not one.
And I would agree IF he was being touched by a pats player clearly..he was not..again the only logical call is to call it a TD because the only clear thing seen is he was across the line when he was unpiled...I know you defend the refs and I even admit I will error towards the Cowboys everytime..but in THIS instance you have to concede they blew the call...again it happens, this time it actually cost the team a TD.
Are you now backing off from these? You said not one Pats player hit him before the end zone, was not being touched by a Pats player and now say not touched while the knee was down. Come on, bro. He was down by contact because he was hit. Is that not right?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, there you go. Instead of a friendly debate you have to insult. Don't worry, it's impossible to offend me. But don't whine about the thread still going because you disagree and then STILL keep posting about how silly people are. I'll talk about whatever I want, I don't need your validation.

I didn’t single you out, I’m talking about all the fans who keep arguing about this. The only ones who are whining are the ones that keep complaining about a call in a game we won. It’s like some of you can’t be happy with the 5-1 start, you need something to complain and cry about.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I didn’t single you out, I’m talking about all the fans who keep arguing about this. The only ones who are whining are the ones that keep complaining about a call in a game we won. It’s like some of you can’t be happy with the 5-1 start, you need something to complain and cry about.
Look, not everyone is arguing. Just because some disagree with your take. I'm ecstatic we're 5-1, but does that mean the topic should be censored? Does it mean people can't discuss?
You do realize that you are complaining about people complaining and you said 10 pages ago you were done? So be done, let people talk about what they want FFS.
I'm done with the back and forth, it has nothing to do with the topic and I have no desire to waste my time. Have a good one.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Look, not everyone is arguing. Just because some disagree with your take. I'm ecstatic we're 5-1, but does that mean the topic should be censored? Does it mean people can't discuss?
You do realize that you are complaining about people complaining and you said 10 pages ago you were done? So be done, let people talk about what they want FFS.
I'm done with the back and forth, it has nothing to do with the topic and I have no desire to waste my time. Have a good one.

It’s not just my take they were saying the same thing in the booth that you couldn’t see the ball. Some of you aren’t happy unless you have something to bellyache about. The Cowboys are in the middle of a great season and we have a 15 page thread with fans crying about a no call in a game we won. With 120 yards in penalties and 2 turnovers we should’ve lost the game. We were damn lucky to escape with a win.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

When you look at this video angle, Dak is actually being touched by 3 Pats players (the NT touches him on the helmet first) and Judon on the other side pushes Dak's head towards the turf while he himself is being blocked by Jarwin. You see Dak's head get jerked downward which might actually be Bentley's first touch. So Dak wasn't being touched until the endzone? They were all over him before he got there and Judon is probably why he ended up sideways and not straight on. Like I said, this was way closer than people believe. When you look at this angle, he might not have gotten in before being down and struggled forward to end up in there from Jarwin and McGovern pushing afterwards.

Bentley-Dak-G.gif

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
When you look at this video angle, Dak is actually being touched by 3 Pats players (the NT touches him on the helmet first) and Judon on the other side pushes Dak's head towards the turf while he himself is being blocked by Jarwin. You see Dak's head get jerked downward which might actually be Bentley's first touch. So Dak wasn't being touched until the endzone? They were all over him before he got there and Judon is probably why he ended up sideways and not straight on. Like I said, this was way closer than people believe. When you look at this angle, he might not have gotten in before being down and struggled forward to end up in there from Jarwin and McGovern pushing afterwards.

Bentley-Dak-G.gif
I think McGovern was just grabbing his but

locked&loaded

Reaction score
The mental gymnastics going on here to give refs the benefit of the doubt are amazing. If you can't see the ball you can't call a td? What in the world. This isn't schrodingers football. We know the ball is in Daks hands, he has possession and his knees are at goaline. If his torso is still attached, which we can assume because we see him stand up, the ball has to be in the end zone. Let's not complicate things and be purposefully ignorant.

Next we will have a rb tuck the ball away and assume the balls been transported to another dimension. And don't get me started on pulling a football out of a hat...