Hate to say this but

playmakers

Reaction score
The last 3 games were fun and we got ourselves out of a large hole; however, the next two games are the ones that are going to tell us how good we really are. If we go 2-0 then we should be Superbowl favorites. If we go 1-1 that means we are defintly in the mix. The last scenario I dont even want to think about but you get the idea.

I really think Pittsburgh is going to run into a game where their just going to lay down. The Steelers might of had the toughest schedule in NFL history this year. They played or going to play the 10-1 Titans, Giants, us, Indy, SD, NE, Baltimore (2x), Commanders, and the Jaguars and Philly when they were considered contenders. The hard fought games are going to catch up to them eventually. Hopefully, its this week and not against Tennesse.

The Giants concern me because of the game I watched today. Eli was making awesome throws today where the db's were all over the recievers and he still found a way to lace it in there. He still takes sacks and throws some picks but he made some pretty hard throws today. I still think we owe them and even though we played them in week 10 I beileve, it was with our jv team. The Giants are playing with a whirl of confidence right now and it shows in their play. If someone can just bring these guys back to reality we could see an unravling there.

morasp

Reaction score
This is where the team that gets hot could run the table. Like the Giants last year, if we can turn it on and play like there's no tomorrow, no one can stop us. We've got the talent, we just have to dig deep and turn it lose every game and every play.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
I like the competition and having meaning to the games.
Last year, with that impressive record, the Cowboys played a lackluster December and sunk like lead there after.

Maybe having to work for it will bring out the real character of a talent loaded team.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
vta;2454759 said:
I like the competition and having meaning to the games.
Last year, with that impressive record, the Cowboys played a lackluster December and sunk like lead there after.

Maybe having to work for it will bring out the real character of a talent loaded team.

Unfortunately I don't think we will see the payoff until next year.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2454763 said:

It's possible, but at the least we shouldn't see any complacency down the stretch.

Mansta54

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2454763 said:

I totally disagree!!! I see alot of excitement and hunger in this team since Romo returned. We're gonna win out and I think Romo's leadership and play will lead the way. This team really believes in him and so do I. The guy is special!!!!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We need to improve to 9-4 very badly and we really need for the Skins and Falcons to lose this weekend. That would be very helpful.

jimmy40

Reaction score
playmakers;2454742 said:
I really think Pittsburgh is going to run into a game where their just going to lay down. The Steelers might of had the toughest schedule in NFL history this year. They played or going to play the 10-1 Titans, Giants, us, Indy, SD, NE, Baltimore (2x), Commanders, and the Jaguars and Philly when they were considered contenders.
Just because teams WERE considered contenders when you played them doesn't mean they were. Sounds like half the Big 10 to start every year in college.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The Giants concern me because of the game I watched today. Eli was making awesome throws today where the db's were all over the recievers and he still found a way to lace it in there.

I think Eli is way underrated. No, they don't ask him to drop back 50 times a game and win the game by himself, but this year he seems to always make the right reads and be very accurate with his throws. Like you said, it seems like there are lots of throws where the receiver isn't open by much, but he puts the ball in just the right place. And he's been good in the clutch, too, like in that Pittsburgh game on the late fourth down throw.

I don't think anyone can beat them the way they've been playing... But like I've thought for a while, they're due for a letdown. It's just too hard for everything to go perfectly for an entire NFL season.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2455101 said:
I think Eli is way underrated. No, they don't ask him to drop back 50 times a game and win the game by himself, but this year he seems to always make the right reads and be very accurate with his throws. Like you said, it seems like there are lots of throws where the receiver isn't open by much, but he puts the ball in just the right place. And he's been good in the clutch, too, like in that Pittsburgh game on the late fourth down throw.
Every Eli love thread deserves a swift kick to the groin.

He only averages 30.0 ppg...less than Tony for example. They don't ask him to win games any more than Baltimore asked Trent Dilfer to win games when they won the Super Bowl. He is a bus driver. Nothing more, nothing less.

The guy has only won anything because his receivers make play after play after play for him. Did you not see the ball he threw that should have been picked off by Hall AND Springs in the 3rd quarter yesterday? The guy gets every break and still hardly completes 60% of his passes. If it wasn't for that run game they wouldn't be .500.

links18

Reaction score
playmakers;2454742 said:
The last 3 games were fun and we got ourselves out of a large hole; however, the next two games are the ones that are going to tell us how good we really are. If we go 2-0 then we should be Superbowl favorites. If we go 1-1 that means we are defintly in the mix. The last scenario I dont even want to think about but you get the idea.

I really think Pittsburgh is going to run into a game where their just going to lay down. The Steelers might of had the toughest schedule in NFL history this year. They played or going to play the 10-1 Titans, Giants, us, Indy, SD, NE, Baltimore (2x), Commanders, and the Jaguars and Philly when they were considered contenders. The hard fought games are going to catch up to them eventually. Hopefully, its this week and not against Tennesse.

The Giants concern me because of the game I watched today. Eli was making awesome throws today where the db's were all over the recievers and he still found a way to lace it in there. He still takes sacks and throws some picks but he made some pretty hard throws today. I still think we owe them and even though we played them in week 10 I beileve, it was with our jv team. The Giants are playing with a whirl of confidence right now and it shows in their play. If someone can just bring these guys back to reality we could see an unravling there.

So, why would you hate to say that?