Haters and losers in control

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's about lack of control. All fans perceive problems affecting the team and want them corrected. Some fans deal with the reality of the situation, accept the fact that changes are outside their direct influence, and continue monitoring every comment or action taken by the franchise's front office addressing the problems and hoping for solutions. It's not so simple for other fans, who cannot accept they have zero influence for improving the quality of the team. As a result, they voice their frustration towards other fans because the reaction of other fans is something that they CAN control to a limited extent. Furthermore, they feel empowered once the desired reaction from other fans is achieved.

This thread? It is a fair one but it only throws gasoline on the fire. Pouting fans haven't motivated Jerry Jones to do squat about team operations since Jimmy Johnson quit. They never will. Some people simply do not deal with reality very well. So, the uncontrollable personal frustration-inspired "They suck!" responses will continue until if-and-when the team's fortunes change for the better. Personally, I hope the team returns to championship form before Jones dies so he can wink into the camera while holding the Lombardi trophy. That way some fans gripped in the euphoria of winning again will stop themselves for a second and be pissed off.

Human nature is wicked. :)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
It's about lack of control. All fans perceive problems affecting the team and want them corrected. Some fans deal with the reality of the situation, accept the fact that changes are outside their direct influence, and continue monitoring every comment or action taken by the franchise's front office addressing the problems and hoping for solutions. It's not so simple for other fans, who cannot accept they have zero influence for improving the quality of the team. As a result, they voice their frustration towards other fans because the reaction of other fans is something that they CAN control to a limited extent. Furthermore, they feel empowered once the desired reaction from other fans is achieved.

This thread? It is a fair one but it only throws gasoline on the fire. Pouting fans haven't motivated Jerry Jones to do squat about team operations since Jimmy Johnson quit. They never will. Some people simply do not deal with reality very well. So, the uncontrollable personal frustration-inspired "They suck!" responses will continue until if-and-when the team's fortunes change for the better. Personally, I hope the team returns to championship form before Jones dies so he can wink into the camera while holding the Lombardi trophy. That way some fans gripped in the euphoria of winning again will stop themselves for a second and be pissed off.

Human nature is wicked. :)

The Boys better hurry.:D

bkeavs

Reaction score
of this board for at least a year. I've already had a few posts after the GB directed at me for supporting the Cowboys. "See I told you they suck". "Told you they would lose". They're reveling in the losing. They'll be dominating this board for months. I'm sure we will also see some of the Romo haters come back out as well. For the 2 or 3 real Cowboy fans out there just hang in there. The seeds have been planted and a Garrett led Cowboy team with Romo at the helm will prevail over the losers and the haters soon.

I think the seeds need more water because they're not growing much

rick2248

Reaction score
of this board for at least a year. I've already had a few posts after the GB directed at me for supporting the Cowboys. "See I told you they suck". "Told you they would lose". They're reveling in the losing. They'll be dominating this board for months. I'm sure we will also see some of the Romo haters come back out as well. For the 2 or 3 real Cowboy fans out there just hang in there. The seeds have been planted and a Garrett led Cowboy team with Romo at the helm will prevail over the losers and the haters soon.

I am a Cowboy fan but you need to get over yourself we have been waiting 20 years to get to a Super Bowl so i would stop calling people haters just because they are tired of Jerry's BS !

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score

I feel you....every word. I've said the same thing a time or two myself. It's almost like some people here are happy when they lose...like they want them to lose. It's disgusting. I don't even come to this board during the games anymore....any team is going to make a mistake or two in every game (before the haters jump on that statement, I know the Cowboys have made more than "one or two" mistakes in games lately...that's not my point.) It's intolerable here when that happens. Even when we had a very good year (like last year) it was intolerable to participate in the game threads.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I am a Cowboy fan but you need to get over yourself we have been waiting 20 years to get to a Super Bowl so i would stop calling people haters just because they are tired of Jerry's BS !

We're ALL tired of Jerry's BS....that's not the same thing as saying the team sucks. << That is something I will never say.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Small children and toy stores are the best examples for how different people handle disappointment. All kids love toys. Get kids inside a toy store and every parent or guardian will hear at least one, "I want that!"

Sometimes kids hear the dreaded response, "No, we're not buying that today." Some kids, perhaps most kids, will be a little disappointed. Their eyes may even swell up with tears but they move on. However, it would be surprising if other toys don't invoke the same reaction before both eventually leave the store. No matter what, all kids love toys.

Unfortunately, all kids, like the adults they will eventually grow up to be, aren't wired the same. A few kids will want a toy, get a no, and a tantrum ensues. A torrid of tears might flow. There may be yelling. And kicking. Or thrashing on the floor. In short, they're pissed and they're going to show the whole world they're pissed. Maybe their uncontrollable frustration gets them exactly what they want. Maybe it gets them exactly what they don't want. Doesn't matter. The frustration must be released. Unleashed may be a better word.

Fans love their teams. Fans are upset when their teams aren't successful. Some fans cope. Other fans do or say things that nets them nothing. It's all a part of life. I just wish Jerry Jones would take his bad *** kids out of the store already.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

So you revel in the teams loses? Because that's the only thing I'm complaining about.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I feel you....every word. I've said the same thing a time or two myself. It's almost like some people here are happy when they lose...like they want them to lose. It's disgusting. I don't even come to this board during the games anymore....any team is going to make a mistake or two in every game (before the haters jump on that statement, I know the Cowboys have made more than "one or two" mistakes in games lately...that's not my point.) It's intolerable here when that happens. Even when we had a very good year (like last year) it was intolerable to participate in the game threads.

Yes, exactly!

rick2248

Reaction score
So you revel in the teams loses? Because that's the only thing I'm complaining about.

No you are wrong we have to point out that Jerry has not gotten to a SB since Jimmy Johnson and his players left Jimmy was the real GM of the Cowboys back then Jerry can turn **** into money but when it comes to football he is in way over his head so why are you mad about people pointing out the truth? I could be dead before this team ever sees a SB again as long as Jerry runs the football side of things
if you don't see that then the problem is you !

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No you are wrong we have to point out that Jerry has not gotten to a SB since Jimmy Johnson and his players left Jimmy was the real GM of the Cowboys back then Jerry can turn **** into money but when it comes to football he is in way over his head so why are you mad about people pointing out the truth? I could be dead before this team ever sees a SB again as long as Jerry runs the football side of things
if you don't see that then the problem is you !

This is a classic example of reading what you want to read.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
one thing I know from now on I wont be drawn in by all of jerry and Stephen talk in the offseason about how much better the team is and how they had a plan and executed it from now on its prove it on the field. will have a wait and see attitude about the draft and free agency