Hats off to Roethlesberger . . .

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Steelers | Roethlisberger Donates Playoff Check - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:10:01 -0800

The Associated Press is reporting Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger has agreed to donate his $18,000 AFC Divisional Playoff check to the tsunami victims relief effort. "A game check isn't anything like some of the [New York Yankees] and some of those people who've donated a million dollars, but every little thing they can get can help," Roethlisberger said. "Hopefully, it's a challenge to other NFL players. We've seen the NBA players do it."

Of course . . . sports jockey will ignore this and continue to talk about Randy Moss mooning people . . .

:rolleyes:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The Steelers are clearly lucky to have Roethlisberger. He just seems to be one of those guys who gets "it" in every sense of the word.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Midswat said:
Steelers | Roethlisberger Donates Playoff Check - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:10:01 -0800

The Associated Press is reporting Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger has agreed to donate his $18,000 AFC Divisional Playoff check to the tsunami victims relief effort. "A game check isn't anything like some of the [New York Yankees] and some of those people who've donated a million dollars, but every little thing they can get can help," Roethlisberger said. "Hopefully, it's a challenge to other NFL players. We've seen the NBA players do it."

Of course . . . sports jockey will ignore this and continue to talk about Randy Moss mooning people . . .

:rolleyes:

They made mention of this on Sportscenter this morning...thought it was a classy thing to do....sad that it has to come from a Rookie instead of other more established vets of the NFL....but hopefully others will follow in his footsteps.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
My hat is off to the guy... I wish there were more people in the NFL like him. Of course if you asked most of them if they are donating any of their money to the relief effort they would probably say that that is their business... in other words, "no".

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
They made mention of this on Sportscenter this morning...thought it was a classy thing to do....sad that it has to come from a Rookie instead of other more established vets of the NFL....but hopefully others will follow in his footsteps.
I definately think many Vets have contributed money. Sadly Sportcenter and most media outlets picks and chooses whom they want mention.

For example Moss has been handing his TD balls to handicapped fans or the referees in the endzone all season long, but of course the fake mooning incident gets the ratings so they go with the mooning.

Hoods

Reaction score
Charles said:
For example Moss has been handing his TD balls to handicapped fans or the referees in the endzone all season long, but of course the fake mooning incident gets the ratings so they go with the mooning.
Are you positive Moss has been doing that?

I've seen Keyshawn give his touchdown balls to handi-capped people too.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I appreciate what Roethlisberger is doing and think that he's a stand up person (and I've met him on several occasions) but looking at this from a pragmatic standpoint, what he's done is no more impressive than the average American family donating $46, on a percentage basis.

If this starts a trend amongst all NFL players, or at least those making more than the minimum, I'm all for it, but a little perspective seems in order.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
where are Schumacher's props? He donated 10 millions dollars and i didnt heard of it that much.