Hats off to Stafford

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Never been a big fan of his, but he gutted out some miserable years in Detroit. Terrible coaches, and aside from Calvin I don't think he had anyone to help.

Kind of cool to see a guy who's been sandbagged for a decade finally get a chance to play on a team that might be successful.

From the team to the weather, I'm not sure there's many less desirable places in the NFL than Detroit. Maybe Cleveland, but they've done some things lately. Be interesting to see how his season turns out. Seems like a good guy, but I still don't really like him.

RaZon

Reaction score
He has that over 60 comp%, twice as many TD than INT and a plus 90 passer rating, Yep, studly!

People would be surprised at how many great QB's can't claim that,

fivetwos

Reaction score
Never been a big fan of his, but he gutted out some miserable years in Detroit. Terrible coaches, and aside from Calvin I don't think he had anyone to help.

Kind of cool to see a guy who's been sandbagged for a decade finally get a chance to play on a team that might be successful.

From the team to the weather, I'm not sure there's many less desirable places in the NFL than Detroit. Maybe Cleveland, but they've done some things lately. Be interesting to see how his season turns out. Seems like a good guy, but I still don't really like him.
Same. Not a fan at all.

In fact IMO, excluding the QB position, the Rams have the best roster in the NFC (SF is close).....but I picked them to miss the playoffs because I have that little faith in Stafford.

Not so far.

Only one game, but if it continues this could be an interesting parallel with Prescott.

There are plenty of folks around here who don't like Prescott....but also blame Garrett for being awful.

Well, how exactly was Prescott supposed to thrive in that case?

Maybe it stems from how Romo carried Garrett for so long lol.......but point taken.....the right coaches and/or situation is paramount.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
You guys would have loved him if he had been on the Cowboys. Brought that Lions team back late in games time after time....

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Stafford is and has been a good QB for a long time and seems like a nice guy. I've never gotten the hate for him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stafford is a great example of how a QB can put up big numbers for years to no effect. We have a similar but less talented QB here in Dallas right now.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Same. Not a fan at all.

In fact IMO, excluding the QB position, the Rams have the best roster in the NFC (SF is close).....but I picked them to miss the playoffs because I have that little faith in Stafford.

Not so far.

Only one game, but if it continues this could be an interesting parallel with Prescott.

There are plenty of folks around here who don't like Prescott....but also blame Garrett for being awful.

Maybe it stems from how Romo carried Garrett for so long lol.......but point taken.....the right coaches and/or situation is paramount.

I believe it’s far more organizational than just the Jason Garrett parallel. Since Calvin Johnson retired 7 years ago, who has been Detroit’s Amari Cooper? Detroit’s CeeDee Lamb? Detroit’s Ezekiel Elliot? Detroit’s Tyron Smith? Detroit’s Zack Martin?

That organization is rotten from top to bottom.

Aulac

Reaction score
Same. Not a fan at all.

Not so far.

They don't have a better roster than the Bucs.