Hats off to Tyler Smith

Sydla

Reaction score
Play great yesterday. Saw an ESPN stat that showed he was matched up with Jalen Carter around two dozen times and held up very well against one of the better DTs in football, even as a rookie.

I really think he should be left at LG. I know he can play LT and probably would be a very good LT but he could be a Hall of Famer at LG like Martin is at RG. I mean Martin likely would have been a really good OT himself but was just dominant inside.

Offseason priority has to be finding a LT IMO. Tyron played well yesterday too but you just can't count on him anymore healthwise.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yeah I was totally wrong about this guy coming out.

Did not like the pick, but he's proving himself time and time again.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He has the right number. He will belong in that rarified air.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Play great yesterday. Saw an ESPN stat that showed he was matched up with Jalen Carter around two dozen times and held up very well against one of the better DTs in football, even as a rookie.

I really think he should be left at LG. I know he can play LT and probably would be a very good LT but he could be a Hall of Famer at LG like Martin is at RG. I mean Martin likely would have been a really good OT himself but was just dominant inside.

Offseason priority has to be finding a LT IMO. Tyron played well yesterday too but you just can't count on him anymore healthwise.
Honestly, they realistically need to bring in at least 2 more OL this off-season. If not 3-4.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah......no way you move him back to LT now, creating TWO question marks instead of one.

Carson

Reaction score
I wonder if Warren Sapp still thinks he shouldn’t be in the league?

rags747

Reaction score
The thing with Smith is that you constantly see him getting stood straight up but it freaking ends right there! He has natural country born strength. Much much better than weight room strength.

RS12

Reaction score
He didnt grade out very well on PFF yesterday but I am glad he is a Cowboy. Will be a really good one over the course of his career.

Plankton

Reaction score
He didnt grade out very well on PFF yesterday but I am glad he is a Cowboy. Will be a really good one over the course of his career.
That was a grade that didn't make much sense to me. Aside from the half sack he gave up to Carter, and the false start, he was terrific yesterday.