Have a software application question

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I need to find a piece of software that will act as a data base that will let me sort the catagories. For example, I need to be able to sort alphabetically at some point and at other times need to sort by acccending order numerically. Also, I will have colums that have a time in the fields like 2:30. I need to be able to click on that column and have them sorted in order from longest to shortest.

Anyone with any info on such a program I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I need to find a piece of software that will act as a data base that will let me sort the catagories. For example, I need to be able to sort alphabetically at some point and at other times need to sort by acccending order numerically. Also, I will have colums that have a time in the fields like 2:30. I need to be able to click on that column and have them sorted in order from longest to shortest.

Anyone with any info on such a program I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

How is the data going to be entered and do you want a database or not usaly you have an interface that just queries a database. Such as Microsoft access you can build basic visual basic enterface that inputs the data to the actual database and you can generate queries that display what you want.

So what are you trying to accomplish and how complex or simple do you need it where is the data coming from manual entry; excel or a delimted.txt file etc etc.

This would make it eaiser in pointing you in the right direction and buy the way you can sort in excel spreadsheets

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have had limited exp with Access and I THINK it should be able to handle what you require.

But it has been so long since I messed with it I would not be much help. :eek::

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Access and Filemaker Pro are relational database apps that do that with ease...

Excel can also do that, but isn't a "bonifide" database app in the mold of Acess and FMP...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you have not checked your PMs cajun, do so now.

There is a juicy bit of info I want to give you about TrickBlue and his famous buns of steel project. :lmao2:

Seriously check your pms about something.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
For the money - Access will do it all.

If your like us and have an unending supply of grant funding then it would have to be....

Oracle

oracle.jpg

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
HEre is what I want to do.

I do a radio program that I am in the process of syndicating. I need to be able to create a data base of information that includes, Artist name in one column, Song title in another and the run time of the song in another. I need to be able to cluck on the olumn to sort them alphabetically (for the artist name and song title) and then be able to click on the run time column to sort by the shortest length to the longest.

I should have been more specific earlier about what the application was for. I need something simple to work with because I will not be the only one inputting the info in to the database.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
HEre is what I want to do.

I do a radio program that I am in the process of syndicating. I need to be able to create a data base of information that includes, Artist name in one column, Song title in another and the run time of the song in another. I need to be able to cluck on the olumn to sort them alphabetically (for the artist name and song title) and then be able to click on the run time column to sort by the shortest length to the longest.

I should have been more specific earlier about what the application was for. I need something simple to work with because I will not be the only one inputting the info in to the database.

Any of the above suggestions will do that CC...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ever try to figure out playlist automation where you can set when you want a song to play? gonna have to do that one day.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
iceberg said:
ever try to figure out playlist automation where you can set when you want a song to play? gonna have to do that one day.

If it is mp3 there are quite a few programs out there for that. I use to have one it was pretty slick and simple

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
If you have not checked your PMs cajun, do so now.

There is a juicy bit of info I want to give you about TrickBlue and his famous buns of steel project. :lmao2:

Yeah, I'd heard he wasn't much of a baker...