Have the Cowboys/Jerry Jones taken the Raiders/Al Davis spot?

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
Have we taken the place of the Raiders? A once great team that is now in shambles with a delusional/destructive owner, and nothing will fix it til he's gone?

I'm just wondering if that's where we are now? Or have we been there and I'm just now realizing it?

I remember my step-dad rooting for the Raiders through the 90's and early 2000's, reliving the glory days of Madden/Stabler and Flores/Plunkett.

It's just sad that my kids, 20 &17, have only known this version of the Cowboys and wonder why I'm a big fan of such a bad/mediocre team. It's no wonder they're Cardinals fans. I remember when the Cards were a joke. Now we're the joke. It's getting kinda pathetic talking about how great the Cowboys were TWENTY YEARS AGO!!!

I am now as he was...living in the past.

Wood

Reaction score
Have we taken the place of the Raiders? A once great team that is now in shambles with a delusional/destructive owner, and nothing will fix it til he's gone?

I'm just wondering if that's where we are now? Or have we been there and I'm just now realizing it?

I remember my step-dad rooting for the Raiders through the 90's and early 2000's, reliving the glory days of Madden/Stabler and Flores/Plunkett.

It's just sad that my kids, 20 &17, have only known this version of the Cowboys and wonder why I'm a big fan of such a bad/mediocre team. It's no wonder they're Cardinals fans. I remember when the Cards were a joke. Now we're the joke. It's getting kinda pathetic talking about how great the Cowboys were TWENTY YEARS AGO!!!

I am now as he was...living in the past.

they do say we become our parents.

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
I hope not, cuz he didn't live to see another Raiders Super Bowl win. He kinda jumped ship when the Cards got better. I'm one of a handful of Cowboys left in the family. I don't plan on switching any time soon. But you never know. You can only take so much while supporting such dysfunction.

Last edited:

ksadler1

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry's there quite yet. He just doesn't have that "weekend at Bernie's" look to him yet the way that Al did.....

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
Right now it would appear that York and Jones hold the Al Davis throne. Luckily ours is at least closer to joining him than York is.

Gameover

Reaction score
No one was saying this crap at this time last season. We choose the narrative to fit the situation, don't we?

Remember: This is Steven Jones and the other guys show now! At least that was narrative last season when the W's were starting to pile up.

Last edited:

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
i get what youre saying. and to be honest i dont think a team has to be good inorder for someone to become a fan. yes i guess if you wana roll with who is hot at the momment its all good. i personally fell in love with what dallas represents and its rich history. bc honestly as stated they havent won jack in 20 years. im 27 so ive had a bunch of 8-8, 5-11,7-9 and a few sprinkled great seasons here and there. no championships for me. but id never leave my cowboys.

so no i dont think we are the "raiders". we obviously suck but i feel we are atleast more relevant then them in our worst

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No one was saying this crap at this time last season. We choose the narrative to fit the situation, don't we?

Remember: This is Steven Jones and the other guys show now! At least that was narrative last season when the W's were starting to pile up.

Lolol I usually disagree with almost everything you say but you hit the nail on the head with this one. Last year it was sunshine and roses and we had turned the corner and we were am elite team, but now that we're losing games without our franchise qb, we are the Raiders????? Hahaha man people are prisoners of the moment

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
I'm starting to fear last year was a fluke. We win or lose games by the skin of our teeth. Never blow anyone out of the water. Never dominate like we did in the good ol' days. Like the elite teams sometimes do now.

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
I'll feel better when Tony's back. These 6 games have just taken their toll. lol

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
I'm starting to fear last year was a fluke. We win or lose games by the skin of our teeth. Never blow anyone out of the water. Never dominate like we did in the good ol' days. Like the elite teams sometimes do now.

We won more than half the games Romo started last season by 10 or more points...

Titans +16
Saints +21
NYG +10
Jaguars +14
Bears +13
Eagles +11
Colts +35
Skins +27

Wood

Reaction score
Lolol I usually disagree with almost everything you say but you hit the nail on the head with this one. Last year it was sunshine and roses and we had turned the corner and we were am elite team, but now that we're losing games without our franchise qb, we are the Raiders????? Hahaha man people are prisoners of the moment

I would like to agree with you but if you look at totality of last 6 years i am not sure your assessment is on point. It might be the cowboys caught lightening in bottle last year. I hope not.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Just now taken the Raider's spot? I thought Al passed the silk jumpsuit to Jerry when he passed onto the football field in the sky?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought this was already obvious to any fan who doesn't have their head in the sand.

Here's the worst part though. Jerry, unlike Al, has a fat son ready to take over the role of make believe GM when he's gone. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for Cowboys fans.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not my narrative. My take is the same today as it was last year at this time.

lkelly

Reaction score
I thought this was already obvious to any fan who doesn't have their head in the sand.

Here's the worst part though. Jerry, unlike Al, has a fat son ready to take over the role of make believe GM when he's gone. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for Cowboys fans.

The differences aren't as great as you think.

20130603-162744-296x444.jpg

Wolfpack

Reaction score

Exactly. it happened years ago. The system is in place to maintain the crazy system.