CFZ Have the Cowboys surpassed your expectations for the season?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Before the season begins there is usually a prediction thread. Many posters of this site predict the amount of wins the Cowboys will end up with. A vast majority are usually under 9 wins every year. So I ask:

Have the Cowboys surpassed the amount of wins you predicted?

What have they done that has surprised you this season? Is there a certain aspect of their game that has been better or worse then you thought?

If the Cowboys have surpassed your win predictions what is it that upsets and excites you?

I ask these questions because as I scroll through threads on this page I can't help but realize that some posters are still fairly negative about the Cowboys. I understand the narrative that they haven't won a SB in 25 years and it leaves a sour taste in your mouth. It really is frustrating I agree.

However - even after Superbowl less 25 years I would imagine predicting 8 wins and then having the team reach 11, 12 or maybe even 13 wins has to make you excited more then you were at the beginning of the season?

Signed

-A Curious Fan

Happy Holidays

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Before the season begins there is usually a prediction thread. Many posters of this site predict the amount of wins the Cowboys will end up with. A vast majority are usually under 9 wins every year. So I ask:

What have they done that has surprised you this season? Is there a certain aspect of their game that has been better or worse then you thought?

If the Cowboys have surpassed your win predictions what is it that upsets and excites you?

I ask these questions because as I scroll through threads on this page I can't help but realize that some posters are still fairly negative about the Cowboys. I understand the narrative that they haven't won a SB in 25 years and it leaves a sour taste in your mouth. It really is frustrating I agree.

However - even after Superbowl less 25 years I would imagine predicting 8 wins and then having the team reach 11, 12 or maybe even 13 wins has to make you excited more then you were at the beginning of the season?

Signed

-A Curious Fan

Happy Holidays

This is about what I thought they would be prior to Dak's injury. Definitely surpassed it after Daks injury.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I had said at the beginning I expected 11 to 12 wins on the season and win the division. No way would I think 11 to 12 wins would not win the division. I give Philly credit for that. Once the season is done then my expectation will grow, as of now Dallas would play Tampa and yes I expect them to win that game.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Not yet. I had them at 11-6 prior to the season. It's exciting to me because the O seems to be hitting stride. If we can get some D going down the stretch and playoffs, this team is very dangerous.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Yes. They have surpassed my expectations. I figured them for 8-10 wins following their poor offseason and the gains Philly made in the NFCE.

Then to lose QB1 in week 1 for 5 games and to STILL be looking at a possible 13 win season is beyond expectations.

That said— success will always be measured by what happens in the playoffs— BUT you gotta get there first, and this team has done more than enough to punch their ticket to the tournament.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Signed

-A Curious Fan

Happy Holidays
They have surpassed my expectations.
With the loss of Cooper and Gregory and no big ticket free agent signings I thought we would go 10 and 7.
Glad to be wrong.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Before or after the opener?

Going into the season mainly before week 1. I just remember many people here where upset that we didn't do anything to shore up some positions ( kicker, O-line , WR, ect ) and this season was going to be a disaster.

cowboyec

Reaction score
before the season?
no.
i thought it was still a good young team that could have similar success like the season before.

after dak got hurt wk1?
hell yea.
i thought we were done.
i didn't see 10+ wins after that nightmare wk1.

credit these players and staff.
tough as hell.

:flagwave:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Nope.. I had 11-12 wins.. and revised it to 10-11 when Dak went down because I felt like Rush could at least keep us around .500 and Dak would come back and lead us on a nice run. Rush won 1 more games than I expected him to.. I always expected him to beat the Giants and Commandos and I expected us to steal one of the Philly, Rams, Cincy trio. That we stole two was just serendipity.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Signed

-A Curious Fan

Happy Holidays
It’s all about the playoffs for me. The Cowboys have to win at least two playoff games for me to be satisfied.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The team has certainly surpassed my expectations, I thought they would win about 8 to 10 games. When Dak went down in the opener, I thought we would be a challenged to win 6 or 7 games. However, everyone’s expectations went up when we started winning games with Cooper Rush and our defense started being compared to the Doomsday defenses of the 70s and the defenses we had in the 90s. Some fans on this board were even comparing our defense to the 85 Bears. Our expectations went from thinking we were headed for a top 10 pick after the season opener, to a lot of fans talking Super Bowl by mid season. Currently the team looks very similar to the team we had last season. The offense is rolling and scoring points and the defense looks suspect. Like last season we can’t seem to keep opponents from scoring unless we get a turnover and we’re winning ugly. We once again look like a one and done playoff team.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yes - I think I had them at 9-10 wins. After game one I thought they were going to be cellar dwellers this year!

I did not think they could get out of there way enough penalty wise to produce the run game that they have shown. I would say for the most part their pass game has suffered without Amari. You can just look at our yardage numbers and see that.

They have made up for it with run game - great defense for the first part of the year and lesser penalties than last year.

rambo2

Reaction score

Signed

-A Curious Fan

Happy Holidays
I was right on the money. I predicted 12 and 5 and they very well could finish 13 and 4. I thought that the team was improved from last year. I thought that they would be a very good team and they are. They are a contender and it is very exciting.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Nope.. I had 11-12 wins.. and revised it to 10-11 when Dak went down because I felt like Rush could at least keep us around .500 and Dak would come back and lead us on a nice run. Rush won 1 more games than I expected him to.. I always expected him to beat the Giants and Commandos and I expected us to steal one of the Philly, Rams, Cincy trio. That we stole two was just serendipity.

I also was in the 11-12 range also before week 1. After Dak's injury I have to admit that I thought they would falter to 7-8 wins. After the Bengals game though I could tell that this team was still going to pull off 10 + wins even with Coop. I think my favorite part of this years team is they have proven they can fight through adversity.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Going into the season mainly before week 1. I just remember many people here where upset that we didn't do anything to shore up some positions ( kicker, O-line , WR, ect ) and this season was going to be a disaster.
12-5 before the opener.
8-9 after that 1st game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No! As stated before, Garrett was giving us winning seasons. My expectation is all about post-season success, not a Super Bow per se, but a deep playoff run.