One LB added the last I saw.

Is there a veteran 1-tech somewhere?

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Paea and Carroll both gone

Would have thought with the frickin bye that they would have either moved Neal or Ash up to the 53 so they could practice to get ready. Now it's probably too late. Read that Broadus thinks it will be Neal over Ash, but are contemplating whether to do it after this weeks game - thinking he would be inactive and have to pay him.
Just dumb if true ....
Had all this time to scan the wire or promote from within, and end up doing nothing....

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Would have thought with the frickin bye that they would have either moved Neal or Ash up to the 53 so they could practice to get ready. Now it's probably too late. Read that Broadus thinks it will be Neal over Ash, but are contemplating whether to do it after this weeks game - thinking he would be inactive and have to pay him.
Just dumb if true ....
Had all this time to scan the wire or promote from within, and end up doing nothing....

Hard to speculate what our FO is thinking sometimes. Seems like Neal could augment our rotation well for added pressure. As badly as we need to ensure a win on the road, it doesn't seem like a timely gamble. Maybe they know something we don't? :rolleyes:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Just dumb if true ....
All hail McClay.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just dumb if true ....
The Practice Squad players can practice the same whether they are on the 53 or not.

I assume they're waiting to see if a veteran becomes available.

Neal does not solve the 1-tech and running game issues. He would be their smallest DT. Ash looks the part of a 1-tech but didn't play that well in the preseason.

There are 300 other practice squad guys to choose from as very as various street free agents.

The one free agent that I regret they didn't sign is Snacks Harrison. Put that guy on this team right now and I would guarantee making the playoffs.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The Practice Squad players can practice the same whether they are on the 53 or not.

Neal does not solve the 1-tech and running game issues. He would be their smallest DT. Ash looks the part of a 1-tech but didn't play that well in the preseason.

There are 300 other practice squad guys to choose from as very as various street free agents.

The one free agent that I regret they didn't sign is Snacks Harrison. Put that guy on this team right now and I would guarantee making the playoffs.
They still have Bene on the roster too....one more game on the active 46 and he costs us a 6th round pick and he has only played a few STs snaps....... what a waste

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Paea and Carroll both gone

LIONS 10/18/17
Signed DE Jacquies Smith and T Bryce Harris. Released DE Datone Jones and DE George Johnson. Waived DT Caraun Reid. Claimed QB Brad Kaaya off waivers of the Carolina Panthers.

Worth a look?

Reactions: BAT

Verdict

Reaction score
Just dumb if true ....

If he is on the practice squad then he is already practicing. Moving him to the active roster sooner really has no effect on his preparation for a game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LIONS 10/18/17
Signed DE Jacquies Smith and T Bryce Harris. Released DE Datone Jones and DE George Johnson. Waived DT Caraun Reid. Claimed QB Brad Kaaya off waivers of the Carolina Panthers.

Worth a look?
Denver also cut a fat boy DT.

Reid has only played 18 snaps this season and has only been active for 2 game. He blew out his knee last year.

Verdict

Reaction score

Yeah. That's highly likely.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score

While they practice against the offense to simulate the opponent next up, actually practicing with the guys you will play with on Sundays seems like it would benefit anyone coming up to the 53. Stunts, crosses etc. timing would assume it would help.
Look at what Bowman did after only 3 days ! (I say that, muttering under my breath).
Anyone know whats up with Caraun Reid ?
One of the players we talked about a few drafts ago .....

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While they practice against the offense to simulate the opponent next up, actually practicing with the guys you will play with on Sundays seems like it would benefit anyone coming up to the 53. Stunts, crosses etc. timing would assume it would help.
Look at what Bowman did after only 3 days ! (I say that, muttering under my breath).
Anyone know whats up with Caraun Reid ?
One of the players we talked about a few drafts ago .....
PS player do get some snaps on the regular defense, not just the scout team.

Reid blew out his knee last season. He was only with the Lions for 1 week before they cut him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to speculate what our FO is thinking sometimes. Seems like Neal could augment our rotation well for added pressure. As badly as we need to ensure a win on the road, it doesn't seem like a timely gamble. Maybe they know something we don't? :rolleyes:
Run defense.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Ok, if not for now - although we do need to do something about Stopping the run. We all know Marrinelli's aversion to 1-tech's taken high, but if the FO mandates they take one. Someone big and strong and athletic. Like Fletcher Cox or Michael Brockers.
Anyone watching anybody in college yet ?
Me - DaRon Payne ...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, if not for now - although we do need to do something about Stopping the run. We all know Marrinelli's aversion to 1-tech's taken high, but if the FO mandates they take one. Someone big and strong and athletic. Like Fletcher Cox or Michael Brockers.
Anyone watching anybody in college yet ?
Me - DaRon Payne ...

They had some of those types rated fairly high in their last leaked draft board.

Verdict

Reaction score
My guess as well.

Not that this team has a clue about how to use two TE's, but haven't heard a peep from Swaim.

Well we don't want to cut into a Witten's playing time. I mean, really, aren't we just playing this season to pad Witten's resume'?