Have to ask it - Do we make the playoffs?

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
If we don't right the ship.........

After the Rams we play a hot Tampa team.

After the bye, we have 2 games against the Giants. And I think Phili, Washington, and Pittsbugh ON THE ROAD. That's 5 pretty darn tough games over last 8.

If you don't win the division, you need 10 wins in NFC this season, min I'd think.

I can't believe I'm asking it now, but do we make the playoffs. This is suppossed to be soft spot of schedule, and we haven't played well for 3 games.

I think a strong message needs to be sent from top of organization to shock this team into waking up. I'd fire Reid and maybe even cut Carpenter. I've been hoping Carpenter wakes up for 2 years, but I've finally had enough. Carpenter looked uninterested in 1st TD run back. Missed a block on blocked punt. Had a block in back penalty on one of our returns, and then was also too far downfield on last play of game on top of it.

We do have talent. Physical talent. Do we have the mental toughness, meanness, smarts, leadership, and coaching on this team?

LarryCanadian

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
The talents clearly there, but the coaching and leadership are clearly not.

After the way the team ended the past two seasons, then got shown the door in a home playoff game last January that they were heavy favorites in you'd think the sense of urgency on a week to week basis would be very evident. It's not.

If I had to bet today, I'd say we miss the playoffs.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;2331782 said:

After the bye, we have 2 games against the Giants. And I think Phili, Washington, and Pittsbugh ON THE ROAD. That's 5 pretty darn tough games over last 8.

If you don't win the division, you need 10 wins in NFC this season, min I'd think.

I can't believe I'm asking it now, but do we make the playoffs. This is suppossed to be soft spot of schedule, and we haven't played well for 3 games.

I think a strong message needs to be sent from top of organization to shock this team into waking up. I'd fire Reid and maybe even cut Carpenter. I've been hoping Carpenter wakes up for 2 years, but I've finally had enough. Carpenter looked uninterested in 1st TD run back. Missed a block on blocked punt. Had a block in back penalty on one of our returns, and then was also too far downfield on last play of game on top of it.

We do have talent. Physical talent. Do we have the mental toughness, meanness, smarts, leadership, and coaching on this team?

LarryCanadian

Honestly, I have my doubts. The next 2 games are key. I know people are going to say it's early but we can't fall behind the Giants by 3 games. We are 3rd in our division. If the playoff were to start right now we would be on the outside looking in. Thank god for a weak NFC North and West

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Of course why?

I think this team got too caught up in the print media and bought into the most talented team in the league stuff.

YES, we need to win a playoff game. But, we need to make it into playoffs first!

I'd feel better if it looked like we were learning from our lossed, but we don't seem to be. Special teams coverage isn't improving. Felix Jones sits on sideline. We keep trying to make 40 yard plays instead of taking a few medium sized chunks of yardage.

Still lots of penalties.

LarryCanadian

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I believe we will be in the playoffs. but all the bullcrap you see with our boyz' now, is probably gonna show up in the playoffs also. so guess wut? we'll probably be 1 and done............AGAIN.

reddyuta

Reaction score
we need to win 11 games to be assured of playoffs-10 may be not good enough.it doesnt get any easier after the rams.it all depends on our O-line-their play will determine our season-not tony romo's.we know what we get from romo .

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Based on the how tough the division is and how we are playing, I would say it is going to be tough.

I think that loss to the Commanders is going to burn us down the road.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

LarryCanadian

TEN games left to play. Chances are STILL in our favor.

Route 66

Reaction score
The Skins lost today. Its Any Given Sunday and there is no telling what is in store for us towards the end of December.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I say we make it, but there should be no reason for optimism once we get there.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes on making the playoffs.

I'm having serious doubts about this.

Reaction score

LarryCanadian

Right now, maybe the Cowboys make the playoffs but will be one and done again if they don't get things corrected.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I think we will make the playoffs, but we have to start playing up to our potential to do so. We have the talent to win the Super Bowl, but like many other posters, I question the leadership, intelligence, and heart of this team. If we don't make the playoffs, this year will end up possibly being the worst in Cowboy history, given the talent and potential of this team. Obviously if that happens, heads will roll all over the place.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
dbair1967;2331799 said:
The talents clearly there, but the coaching and leadership are clearly not.

After the way the team ended the past two seasons, then got shown the door in a home playoff game last January that they were heavy favorites in you'd think the sense of urgency on a week to week basis would be very evident. It's not.

If I had to bet today, I'd say we miss the playoffs.
We are 4-2 and you dont think we will make the playoffs. yeah.........

zack

Reaction score
Who knows, the NFL is unpredictable. Every game is an enigma. I don't know what is wrong with Dallas. Their offense looks to be figured out by everyone. But they have really struggled in almost every game. The playoffs are not a guarantee..but I won't make a prediction.