Have to improve roster! for 2024

Sandyf

Reaction score
For the last 3+ years, physical teams have run against us with great success and if we don't improve the DT1 and MLB positions then we can expect no difference in 2024.

The draft is a good spot to start and maybe Mazi Smith will be much improved next year but can we really count on it. Jerry needs to do whatever he can to sign some make a difference free agents. He has to sign a very good if not great DT1 and there are several that will be available this off season. We also need to sign a lock down corner because we aren't finding one this year in the draft as there really are only two maybe three that appear to be that type. I like Gilmore but resigning him to some huge contract is wrong. Is the answer on the roster? If so then why didn't they play Sunday?

If we are going to keep D. Lawrence then move him inside because he appears to work better from the inside. He and Osa could rotate. We did miss LVE after he went down and I am pretty sure he will take the retirement side of things with his injury. This leaves us Parsons, Clark and Overshown. Much to light at that position and the draft doesn't have anyone projected until late 2nd round so a weak class. There will be a number of ILB and OLB that could help make a difference but seriously doubt Jones will spend money on any decent ones.

Would use the draft to get a LT and OC. Probably RB also in 3rd.

Lots of calls as usual to trade Dak, just not going to happen especially with what it would cost us in cap space. If trade happened it would be after June 1st in order to spread the cap hit over 2 years. And forget the notion of releasing him, not going to happen. To many teams need QBs and there would be plenty of options to trade him regardless of what those that hate Dak believe.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
It's a bad year to not have our full quota of draft picks. I can't decide if last year's draft debacle was a conscious choice, or they just screwed up.
Have to be very strategic this year.
So many positions we need to upgrade/fill.
Will Jerry go into the FA market ?

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
The way I see it, Dallas needs immediate upgrades at three spots each on offense and defense:

Offense
1. WR2 - Time to move on from the Gallup contract and bump Cooks down to WR3 where he will thrive.
2. C - This line isn't good enough on the interior. Martin is declining and Biadasz was never good enough.
3. RB - Duh

Resign Tyron. You don't really have another option.
Potential draft targets: OT, C, WR early. RB in the mid rounds - there are no Day 1/Early Day 2 running backs in this draft, so forget about it.

Defense
1. DT - Mazi and Hankins were never good enough. It's time to fix the problem and stop screwing around. Another rotational 3-tech would be valuable too.
2. LB - Heck, bring in two of them. There are a ton of guys slated for free agency who can start for you.
3. DB - They need one more pure coverage guy. Either a boundary corner, or a slot who can play some deep safety for you.

Potential draft targets - DB, 3-tech early. LB and 1-tech in the mid/late rounds, because a serious team will have already addressed those spots in free agency.

I'm not opposed to another TE, pure guard, or edge rusher, but I don't see how you can prioritize the positions above and still have enough resources left over to find a guy who can play meaningful snaps for you in 2024. If they want to draft a punter late to save some money, I'd be okay with that too.

Last edited: