Have we figured out why the Cowboys came out so flat against GB yet?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Did they feel they were going to not have to play hard, did they overlook them? I struggle to think what was the week of game prep like, what was the pre-game thoughts of this team? Like "let's not go too hard, let's save all of our energy for the next game, after we beat up on GB?" I just don't get how you can come out with no fire in a HUGE game such as this! Please give your thoughts if you can offer some sort of explanation for this!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don’t know that they were flat. They probably did take them a little lightly, but they simply got punched in the mouth and couldn’t recover.
That seems to be our problem with teams that really beat us down, we can't get back up!!! That Arizona game uhhh. This one hurt more because it's a playoff game, for gosh sake, lose and you go home

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Did they feel they were going to not have to play hard, did they overlook them? I struggle to think what was the week of game prep like, what was the pre-game thoughts of this team? Like "let's not go too hard, let's save all of our energy for the next game, after we beat up on GB?" I just don't get how you can come out with no fire in a HUGE game such as this! Please give your thoughts if you can offer some sort of explanation for this!
That Green bay game reminded me so much of the Arizona game earlier in the season....The Cowboys overlooked Arizona because they were so key on playing the 49'ers the next week and I believe the Cowboys, like most fans on this forum during that whole week leading up to the game were overlooking the Greenbay Packers for their next weeks match..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
That Green bay game reminded me so much of the Arizona game earlier in the season....The Cowboys overlooked Arizona because they were so key on playing the 49'ers the next week and I believe the Cowboys, like most fans on this forum during that whole week leading up to the game were overlooking the Greenbay Packers for their next weeks match..
The fans on here do this often, and it blows my mind so hard!!!! These are grown men they're playing against, we're the cowboys, everyone wants to stick it to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet we come out like we're the greatest team and can't be beat, then we get beat and you see our TOP players on the sidelines looking shell shocked like damn we should have practiced and taken them more seriously! Micah looking like "yoooooo what's going on!??" You're getting your butt kicked!!

Redline360

Reaction score
We were tired...
Then throw in the Jordan Love / other green bay player comments about our defense weaknesses and where to attack.

Team is atrocious from playing from behind / defense wears down fast as they are built to play fast and force turnovers from a lead.

Plus the whole let Dak beat us stigma in the playoffs never fails. Take away his first read = deer in headlights

slick325

Reaction score
After another 12-5 season which led to the team becoming the 2 seed in the NFC, the Cowboys fearless leader and GM felt compelled to be in front of microphones (as usual) spouting off about McCarthy not being a lock to get a new deal. As opposed to having a team that was loose going into a home game, Jerry got a team that was tight.

Idiot

fivetwos

Reaction score
That seems to be our problem with teams that really beat us down, we can't get back up!!! That Arizona game uhhh. This one hurt more because it's a playoff game, for gosh sake, lose and you go home
Yeah it hurt. No secret that they had a gaping hole in the middle of the defense and a guy like LaFleur is going to take advantage.

Our game is simple….take a lead and eliminate the other team from running the ball. Pass rush leads to turnovers. They didn’t allow that to happen.

I’m no big XO guy, but I remember commenting two years ago that if teams would stay with the run even if behind they would have success against us, but too many OCs are pass happy.

Don’t worry though, they are all in on fixing that.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
They were just punched in the mouth. GB basically knew how to beat them. The defense wasn’t at full strength (injured LBs, soft up the middle, injured CBs) and they said they were going to stop the run and make Dak beat them. That’s exactly what they did. Ran over them on defense and effectively got two pick sixes out of Dak.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah it hurt. No secret that they had a gaping hole in the middle of the defense and a guy like LaFleur is going to take advantage.

Our game is simple….take a lead and eliminate the other team from running the ball. Pass rush leads to turnovers. They didn’t allow that to happen.

I’m no big XO guy, but I remember commenting two years ago that if teams would stay with the run even if behind they would have success against us, but too many OCs are pass happy.

Don’t worry though, they are all in on fixing that.
I can't tell they're making fixes :(

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Answer: Lack of overall grit. The team displayed in multiple times throughout the season.
yet we have fans saying we were going to roll all over them, for reasons such as what you beautifully said, is why I never look past any team we play!!

Mikexike

Reaction score
Our team just can't handle high pressure games, the players think talent wins but its a team game at the end of the day. 1 Team had fight and the other thought showing up would just work.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
to me, the SF losses the previous two years were disappointing, but not upsetting as much since I thought SF was the better team both years. so losing to a better team doesn't as much bother me. it is what it is. but this GB game was beyond disappointing. it was upsetting. the team was not prepared. they didn't come out prepared. the coaches were not prepared. the defensive game plan was as if Quinn spent the night before devising it. made no sense. the offense was not in sync. the players acted as if they just show up and execute and they just win. or perhaps they thought GB is going to roll over and play dead. or they thought we can just turn it on any time. the coaches weren't ready. the players weren't ready. for Gawd's sake they had a post victory party planned. why in the heck do players even celebrate a playoff win. that's setting the bar low. I heard some of the players had rally party the week of the game. that's stupid. and we saw players frustrated, pouting. that's you CD. pouting, so the coach had to leave the sideline and come and pump you up. seriously. grow up.

the lack of readiness, lack of preparation told me they weren't seriously getting ready for this game. its the entitlement culture of the cowboys.

this past year loss to GB was extremely disappointing in so many ways because we lost to a team that wasn't better than us, at home.