Have you ever met a Dallas Cowboy?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hosted a couple of Cowboys' camps at my HS a few years ago.. One year I had a BBQ at my home, George Teague, Everson Walls, Larry Brown and Solomon Page were all there along with Barry Foster of the Steelers and Scooter McGruder from the Patriots. I invited about 50 HS coaches from the area. Had a great time playing dominos and just hanging out. Very nice guys, all of them.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Almost tackled emmitt smith in Bahamas.

Gave Michael Irvin a hey man pat on the back and he stumbled and almost fell. I nearly pooped!
My staff and I ran into Michael Irvin at the Riverwalk in SA. He had a body guard and did not want to be bothered, when his bodyguard told him we were HS football coaches, he took time to talk to us for a few minutes and posed for a pic with one of my coaches. Cool guy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I have been very fortunate to have met several Dallas Cowboys, I'd like for some of us that have been as fortunate to share some stories. Ive had several and I will share them.
I've met a bunch of them and I'm not (nor ever have been ) an autograph seeker type...so these were in more normal settings.

The two I see the most of are Charlie Waters and Bob Breunig --who are active in the church I attend. Especially Breunig.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've met a bunch of them and I'm not (nor ever have been ) an autograph seeker type...so these were in more normal settings.

The two I see the most of are Charlie Waters and Bob Breunig --who are active in the church I attend. Especially Breunig.
I've met several because of my job, but would have liked to meet some more of the guys from the 70's. They are the reason I became a fan.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
My staff and I ran into Michael Irvin at the Riverwalk in SA. He had a body guard and did not want to be bothered, when his bodyguard told him we were HS football coaches, he took time to talk to us for a few minutes and posed for a pic with one of my coaches. Cool guy.

Michael was flying high when I pat him on the back... hence the almost falling on the floor. He stumbled and recovered. Like on the field whew!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Had classes at ECU with Robert Jones and John Jett. Obviously pre-Cowboys.

Met Romo at team hotel when Bledsoe was the starter. Cool as cloud be. Spent time and signed/talked with everyone.

Met La'roi Glover a couple of times. Once at hotel in Minny, then in Dallas. So cool for a guy his size. Scared the hell out of us the first time me met him. Came out of nowhere dressed in this red and black sweatsuit. Could have sworn he was the devil! Couldn't have been nicer.

My son (around 10 at the time) spent a couple hours hanging out with Pete Hunter in the hotel in Minny. Hoping to meet Roy Williams. Pete was super cool. Roy W made every effort to avoid spending time with the 4-5 kids in the lobby.

Met Staubach briefly. My hero as a kid. Few minutes at a signing. He is the best.

Funniest encounter was in Minnesota. Big time fan boy was camping out for Drew Henson's autograph. Henson came out with his mom and blew off everyone. The fan boy yelled out "You don't even start". Henson's mom got all pissed off and started yelling before Drew pulled her off.
Several years ago, a few of us were in Houston for an ECU/Houston game.
While tail-gating, we played catch with Robert Jones and his then very young son--the kid you now know as record-breaking ECU WR Zay Jones.
Pretty cool.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I have been very fortunate to have met several Dallas Cowboys, I'd like for some of us that have been as fortunate to share some stories. Ive had several and I will share them.

Randy White eats lunch several times a week at a restaurant I frequent in Frisco. He is the nicest guy you've ever met. He has no problem talking with anyone that recognizes him. He knows all the wait staffs names. Great guy. Still super Jacked also.

Phoenix

Reaction score
A financial company I was working for in Charlotte, NC moved into a brand new building that was owned by Staubach's real estate company, and Roger was on hand to greet us and give us a little speech about whatever. It was really cool. The Super Bowl rings were dazzling.

timb2

Reaction score
I met several in the early 80s team. Roger Staubach just retired and the hotel elevator with him. Very nice guy most of the Cowboys were very nice,but one stood out. I was like 16 yrs old and right before the game I was going to approach Too Tall Jones for his autograph in a hotel gift shop they were other Cowboys near the front of the hotel store and a side door near the back. All these kids went running for the Cowboys in front of the store and Too Tall was one of these guys before a game he turns into a different personality like a monster. He was psyched was mean and wanted to kill the opposing Qb Neil Lomax and wanted nothing to do with being nice to anyone signing autograph or posing for pictures with the kiddies before this game. He went running for the side door and saw me with a piece of paper in my hand and I froze because I could see he was in no mood. He walked by me slowly staring at me and I said nothing not even making eye contact with him. If you ever saw an Oak Tree walk, this was it. I later moved to Washington DC and walked by Joe Theismann at a mall I am 6ft-2 inches and Theismann is listed as 6ft -1 inches. He really is about 5ft-11 inches. I knew everytime now when Ed Jones was about to get free that Theisman could be 10 feet away would start running the opposite way. he was terrified for his life of Too Tall.

haleyrules

Reaction score
You are a very lucky man. It would be great to be able to talk with Wade about defensive football. Old Bum would have been even more interesting. I'm dying to hear thè rest of your stories! Thanks for sharing Coach.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are a very lucky man. It would be great to be able to talk with Wade about defensive football. Old Bum would have been even more interesting. I'm dying to hear thè rest of your stories! Thanks for sharing Coach.
I had lunch with Erik "Big Cat" Williams a few years ago. He was discussing a project with a friend of mine and I tagged along. He let me try on his Superbowl ring. I wear a size 15 ring and I swear, I could have gotten two fingers in that thing.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I kinda met Ditka. Was in Vegas playing craps and he stopped by the table and began betting on my rolls. He won several times and I imagine several thousand dollars. He then proceeded to take his stack of chips, arm candy and hit the road. No customary thank you, nice rolling, throw the good luck roller a chip, good byes, nothen.......

Ditka had arm candy?:laugh: