Having an appreciation for Dak's ability has nothing to do with fandom, just having open eyes

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now I am beginning to understand how we are losing our free speech in this country. People like this poster actually believe this. Wow. But just for giggles, people can "supposedly" say whatever they want whether we like it or not.
Yeah, I thought the whole point of arguing was to try to get the other person to agree with you. Once they start to, you don't want them to? (Directed at those people, not you, KFS5)

Last edited:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the whole point of arguing was to try to get the other person to agree with you. Once they start to, you don't want him to? (Directed at those people, not you, KFS5)
For normies it is. But for people like this, if you ever make a mistake, you are married to it forever. Sad but many people won't allow others to grow. Heck I was wrong about Dak and I converted. Dak has proven he is good. It would be ignorant to keep thinking he wasn't. So for all that is good, allow people to come around in their time. When they do, give them a attaboy.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I am weary of people continuing to go after Dak even after two brilliant games. Let it rest. Your true colors are showing. You are a non fan. Please stay off the bandwagon. The Cowboys are awfully good. And are going to win a lot of games. You don't get to nonsensically attack someone and then start liking them.
are you kidding us? the new threads like yours here where you are attacking people who have said anything you deem negative about Dak outnumber the actual threads putting him down about 10 to 1
YOU PEOPLE need to give it the rest, you are polluting this group. If you see someone being a so-called "hater" respond to their comment then and there. Stop with the new threads like this.

mods should do something

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Now I am beginning to understand how we are losing our free speech in this country. People like this poster actually believe this. Wow. But just for giggles, people can "supposedly" say whatever they want whether we like it or not.
Way to completely miss the point of the post, by taking a portion of it out of context and in so doing prove my point. :)

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
are you kidding us? the new threads like yours here where you are attacking people who have said anything you deem negative about Dak outnumber the actual threads putting him down about 10 to 1
YOU PEOPLE need to give it the rest, you are polluting this group. If you see someone being a so-called "hater" respond to their comment then and there. Stop with the new threads like this.

mods should do something
?

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Dak and this offense have been impressive through two games and credit is certainly due. That being the case, fans have a way of doing what they damn well please, so it’s doubtful the fan’s guide nod of approval is highly sought.

The excitement of our early season offensive punch is tough for me to contain. I think I’ll enjoy that without much concern for what I feel might unwarranted criticism. I’m saying that knowing that some not-so-great days lie ahead. So goes life in the NFL.

In any event, what “they” say is all well and good. It comes with the dinner. This isn’t a consensus-building exercise and my only real concern is what goes on between the lines. And that’s where #4 must continue to deliver.

Of course people will do what they please. But arguing that hate filled posts are not hateful. And then turning around and figuring out ways to continue to make hateful posts, even when the performance on the field proves otherwise, is not being a fan, it is being hateful for the sake of being hatful. Maybe you have not seen the posts today. But there are people saying they will not like Dak as the quarterback of the Cowboys no matter what. So...

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Of course people will do what they please. But arguing that hate filled posts are not hateful. And then turning around and figuring out ways to continue to make hateful posts, even when the performance on the field proves otherwise, is not being a fan, it is being hateful for the sake of being hatful. Maybe you have not seen the posts today. But there are people saying they will not like Dak as the quarterback of the Cowboys no matter what. So...
So what? If they have that view point so be it. Who are you to force them to accept your viewpoint?

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the whole point of arguing was to try to get the other person to agree with you. Once they start to, you don't want them to? (Directed at those people, not you, KFS5)
No that is not the point of discussion imo. Discussion is meant to move a conversation forward by becoming more and more informed. Less and less ignorant. And the reason for this post is obvious. People are continuing to be negative about Dak. Meaning they said their critiques were not about hate, but honest. And now with things on the field very different over the last 16 games. Those same people are continuing to make the same critiques. Proving it was never anything but hate in the first place. And when you do this you kind of prove you are not really a fan. Hence the point of the post.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No that is not the point of discussion imo. Discussion is meant to move a conversation forward by becoming more and more informed. Less and less ignorant. And the reason for this post is obvious. People are continuing to be negative about Dak. Meaning they said their critiques were not about hate, but honest. And now with things on the field very different over the last 16 games. Those same people are continuing to make the same critiques. Proving it was never anything but hate in the first place.
Discussion, yes...but there's very little discussion, when compared to arguments. You said, "You don't get to nonsensically attack someone, then start liking them." That doesn't sound like someone continuing to make the same critiques. Maybe you're thinking I was talking about a different post?

CWR

Reaction score
I think that if you are able to look at this game, if you get an opportunity to review the all 22, you will see that Dak made some mistakes in this game. It was not a terrible game by any means but there are certainly things to work on in this game. Dak came down to earth a little bit but that's not a bad thing IMO.

Yes "not a terrible game" is one way to describe it. Another more accurate way would be to say he was fantastic, but suit yourself.

CWR

Reaction score

mods should do something

Please. Its one thing to critique. Its entirely different to pick apart the guy every chance you get and go on and on about how worthless he is. There are too many here who do exactly that and now they are eating crow, looking stupid.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Discussion, yes...but there's very little discussion, when compared to arguments. You said, "You don't get to nonsensically attack someone, then start liking them." That doesn't sound like someone continuing to make the same critiques. Maybe you're thinking I was talking about a different post?
I explained my point. To have reason to dislike something is one thing. But when the thing you dislike changes. And you continue to have the exact same dislikes. That is nonsensical. When the thing changes and your attacking stays the same, then that invalidates your argument that your dislike was reasonable. It proves you are disliking for other reasons than what is happening on the field. I stated a specific example of someone saying they will "never like Dak no matter what". To me that invalidates everything they have said, and will say going forward. It is patently dishonest. I was speaking to those people. And there are quite a few of them here. And also to the people here, who like me, are driven crazy by that kind of dishonesty.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I explained my point. To have reason to dislike something is one thing. But when the thing you dislike changes. And you continue to have the exact same dislikes. That is nonsensical. When the thing changes and your attacking stays the same, then that invalidates your argument that your dislike was reasonable. It proves you are disliking for other reasons than what is happening on the field. I stated a specific example of someone saying they will "never like Dak no matter what". To me that invalidates everything they have said, and will say going forward. It is patently dishonest. I was speaking to those people. And there are quite a few of them here. And also to the people here, who like me, are driven crazy by that kind of dishonesty.
Oh, I think I see now. When you made the post I quoted, you were saying they're just pretending to like him now?