Haynesworth over a wr?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
GOLDENCHILD1688;2315255 said:
thats good to hear

i didnt even know he couldnt be tagged again until i came across this old article. i would love to have him

and the same ones complaining about him stomping poor gurode out will be cheering and forget everything if he helps this d reach its full potential.

i guarantee you the first big sack and hes forgiven by most on here. including me:laugh2:
Last I remember Gurode accepted his apology. No reason for me not to.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
NFL significant trades at deadline are not the norm like in baseball
the madness is over soon.....

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
Nors;2315317 said:
NFL significant trades at deadline are not the norm like in baseball
the madness is over soon.....
theres no way the titans trade him this year. that would be crazy

i brought this up just cause its possible we will make a move at a big name free agent after the season. so i just wanted to see if the board valued an imposing defender like albert or a star wr opposite T.O.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Hostile;2315239 said:
They will franchise tag him so fast.

No, once all of those factors kick in like 10 wins and top 5 defense, which will be around week 14 anyways, you will see the Titans sign him to the largest defensive tackle contract in the NFL. Top 3 paid defender throughout the league. He won't be available as you are saying, but they will have to honor their non franchise agreement. With those results they won't have to wonder if he deserves the contract he wants anyways. It's black and white for upper management and they handled his situation perfectly. More teams should use this as a player contact management model.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2315330 said:
No, once all of those factors kick in like 10 wins and top 5 defense, which will be around week 14 anyways, you will see the Titans sign him to the largest defensive tackle contract in the NFL. Top 3 paid defender throughout the league. He won't be available as you are saying, but they will have to honor their non franchise agreement. With those results they won't have to wonder if he deserves the contract he wants anyways. It's black and white for upper management and they handled his situation perfectly. More teams should use this as a player contact management model.

The problem with this scenario is that the Titans organization is notoriously cheap, seriously.

The Titans let their high priced free agents walk and use the draft and mid-tier free agents as replacements.

I highly doubt Bud Adams is going to dish out the type of coin to keep Haynesworth. Expect him to hit the open market, I just hope he doesnt sign with one of our division rivals.

Reaction score
You can always make room to sign a player if you want him bad enough. We could get a quality wr in the draft next year. Im not a fan of canty or spears like some of you are and a huge NT is what this teams needs, thats unless we move in the 4-3

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eskimo;2315214 said:
He will probably be franchised. Nevertheless, I'd take him over Roy Williams easily. Great DL >> good WR.

No he won't - read the entire article.

playmakers

Reaction score
Haynesworth is one of the most dominating DT's in the game when he wants to be. Give him big money and who knows? Its a risk.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I always thought he is the best DT in this game......HE77 YES, we could use him

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2315270 said:
I don't think we'll have the money to bring in someone like Haynesworth OR Roy Williams. This is the price we pay for having so many "star" players.. Romo, Barber, Witten, TO, Flozell, Leonard Davis, DeMarcus Ware, T Newman, Roy Williams, Pacman, and other highly paid players. Plus, I think we have some quality players about to hit free agency in Marc Colombo, Chris Canty, and Tank Johnson.

I can see Roy Williams (if he doesn't light up everyting and everyone once he returns), Greg Ellis, and possibly Kyle Kosier being Salary Cap casualties next year. Dallas may be better off spending their money on their own players, signing occasional veteran free agents (Zach Thomas) looking to play for a ring, and building through the draft.

We all want as many great players as possible but we have to be reasonable. I think it's key that we draft a WR capable of helping us now but also to be groomed to replace TO as a #1 target. After watching us get burnt so far, I'm convinced we need a free safety-type (or move Hamlin over) who can play strong safety. Missouri's William Moore and USC's Taylor Mays fit that bill. I also think we need to spend a high pick on a QB of the future. It would give us a talented back-up and would either take over for Tony Romo down the line OR if he develops quickly, turn into a higher draft pick. The Packers have used this strategy (Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks, Matt Hasselback, and now, Aaron Rodgers) throughout the Brett Favre era.

He wont play safety.. he is too big and I dont think he is fast enough.

He will move to WLB like Thomas Davis did..

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
GOLDENCHILD1688;2315238 said:
i know that pissed me off to but so did T.O. little stunt on the star. but many of us forgave him for that.

Yes because both incidents were the same. NOT.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
YoMick;2315653 said:
Yes because both incidents were the same. NOT.

That's what I was thinking. How you could put standing on a star, in celebration, in the same breath as a man kicking another man in the face (Stomping on his head, however you want to describe it) is beyond me. They're not even on the same planet in terms of which is worse, let alone on the same field.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2315668 said:
That's what I was thinking. How you could put standing on a star, in celebration, in the same breath as a man kicking another man in the face (Stomping on his head, however you want to describe it) is beyond me. They're not even on the same planet in terms of which is worse, let alone on the same field.

Yeah I dont want to get into this too much BUT... if you look down and see someone on the ground and then step on their face with clete's or rake their face with your clete's thats a very personal/physical attack. That takes a certain "type" of person to do that.

TO has never harmed anyone physically. Uh, well... he almost opened a can of whooparse on Fat Hugh Duglarse lol

khiladi

Reaction score
I would do it quick... If we had Haynesworth, that gives us attitude on defense, plus allows Ratliff to move to DE...

Reaction score
khiladi;2316185 said:
I would do it quick... If we had Haynesworth, that gives us attitude on defense, plus allows Ratliff to move to DE...

Whats that.....?

Thats what Bradie brings with his Shaq-** right?

cowboyz

Reaction score
no way the titans allow him to leave. they're cheap for expendable players. haynesworth is that defense.

i think that stomping incident had a significant effect on his play. he wasn't playing that well before. but when he got suspended, he really seemed to get it in gear.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2315534 said:
He wont play safety.. he is too big and I dont think he is fast enough.

He will move to WLB like Thomas Davis did..

They are reporting Taylor Mays is running a 4.27 40. If that's even close to true than he can definitely stay at safety. I have a feeling he is going to be one of those guys that everyone at the Combine falls in love with and he'll end up Top 10.