Heads up about ESPN

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So, I'm currently without ESPN services because apparently they're trying to jack up the prices, and my cable provider is challenging them on this because of how much more ESPN is trying to charge for packages. It sucks because I was wanting to watch a college football game, and I'd like to be able to see MNF, including the Cowboys. I get that ESPN is really struggling, but this is ridiculous what they are do. It's not just ESPN. It's also Freeform and anything else associated with Disney. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

MS17

Reaction score
Disney, ABC are hemorrhaging money right now. "The Mouse" networks, including ESPN. Some on here have mentioned that Disney is studying selling its networks. and ESPN may be overdue for serious changes.

rambo2

Reaction score
So, I'm currently without ESPN services because apparently they're trying to jack up the prices, and my cable provider is challenging them on this because of how much more ESPN is trying to charge for packages. It sucks because I was wanting to watch a college football game, and I'd like to be able to see MNF, including the Cowboys. I get that ESPN is really struggling, but this is ridiculous what they are do. It's not just ESPN. It's also Freeform and anything else associated with Disney. Just thought I'd give a heads up.
You can get ESPN on directv streaming. I think you get a one week free trial.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Disney, ABC are hemorrhaging money right now. "The Mouse" networks, including ESPN. Some on here have mentioned that Disney is studying selling its networks. and ESPN may be overdue for serious changes.

Yup, and FreeForm. Great films, especially around Halloween, but the way they are hemorrhaging, I can see them selling both.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It will be interesting as ESPN's worth drops if Apple makes an official offer to buy them. There has been rumors they are interested in getting further into the sports media market for their streaming platform.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Android box + alternative stream provider =problem solved

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hell, AT&T stopped showing the local FOX affiliate that shows the NFL games because of contract/cost issues. They have 1 more week to settle it or the old Antenna is coming out.
Oh, so it's not just Disney? This is nuts lol. I'm glad that the cable companies are trying to keep the costs down, but I'm sensing that Fox, Disney, etc are trying to force everyone to shift to streaming, which is probably another reason the cable companies are pushing back.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
You can get directv streaming and keep Spectrum internet.
True...but I'm a DirecTV subscriber and haven't had my local FOX station for almost a full year and our local ABC station got pulled about a month ago. It's absolutely ridiculous. Now, when you tune to the blacked out ABC channel, there's a note saying that you can find most of the programming that you're currently missing by streaming it on the PEACOCK TV app. I'm fairly certain that NBC owns the Peacock App so I'm not sure how or why they would be streaming ABC programming. You can't make this stuff up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll be driving right by their offices on Tuesday morning. Any message you'd like me to relay?

:grin:

rambo2

Reaction score
True...but I'm a DirecTV subscriber and haven't had my local FOX station for almost a full year and our local ABC station got pulled about a month ago. It's absolutely ridiculous. Now, when you tune to the blacked out ABC channel, there's a note saying that you can find most of the programming that you're currently missing by streaming it on the PEACOCK TV app. I'm fairly certain that NBC owns the Peacock App so I'm not sure how or why they would be streaming ABC programming. You can't make this stuff up.
They have all of the local channels in San Antonio.