Health Update

AyeAtey

Reaction score
The best to you and your entire tree, pulling for you with smiles, warmth, thoughts and prayers. I'm not joking!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Started Immunotherapy treatment yesterday but had an allergic reaction. We'll find an alternate drug and try again in a few days.
They added an immunotherapy drug called Avastin to my chemo treatments after my first 3 or 4 chemo treatments. I’ve now had 13 cycles with more to come. The drug is supposed to cut off blood supply to cancerous tumors. During my last treatment they also added another chemo drug since some of my tumors are growing and a new tumor has shown up. So 4 chemo drugs and 1 immunotherapy drug. I’m not sure how much my body is going to take going forward but I feel pretty good all things considered. I pray they’ll find a drug that works better for you than they have for me. Hang in there.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They added an immunotherapy drug called Avastin to my chemo treatments after my first 3 or 4 chemo treatments. I’ve now had 13 cycles with more to come. The drug is supposed to cut off blood supply to cancerous tumors. During my last treatment they also added another chemo drug since some of my tumors are growing and a new tumor has shown up. So 4 chemo drugs and 1 immunotherapy drug. I’m not sure how much my body is going to take going forward but I feel pretty good all things considered. I pray they’ll find a drug that works better for you than they have for me. Hang in there.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, brother. Even in the darkest moments, keep fighting. I slipped into a coma for 3 days this month and woke up with a renewed appreciation for being alive. My body won't tolerate any more chemo so the immunotherapy treatments I'm getting are my last resort. The good news is the treatments seem to be working. I'm gaining weight and getting stronger. I have another CT scan scheduled for 17 June. I hope for good news then.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My thoughts and prayers are with you, brother. Even in the darkest moments, keep fighting. I slipped into a coma for 3 days this month and woke up with a renewed appreciation for being alive. My body won't tolerate any more chemo so the immunotherapy treatments I'm getting are my last resort. The good news is the treatments seem to be working. I'm gaining weight and getting stronger. I have another CT scan scheduled for 17 June. I hope for good news then.
We all hope along with you!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
We're rooting for all of you going through this. Much love from your fellow Cowboy Zoners.

Healing prayers and positive vibes for both of you. Stay strong and think positive.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Just woke up. Going to the hospital this morning to get a new CT scan. I'm feeling good and positive about getting scanned. I'm sure this scan today will be the one that finally gives me good news. With my fingers crossed I remain hopeful!