Heard on the Herd this afternoon

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard on the radio that Jane Slater is reporting that anonymous cowboy players are disgruntled. The current coaching staff isn't good at their jobs. They don't teach or make in-game adjustments.

MM may be out after the season but Dallas isn't getting better until they clean house and start signing higher character players.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Knowing how loyal the Jones’ have been historically, I think McCarthy’s job is safe this season for sure and probably next year too.

Right or wrong Jerry will rationalize this horrible season being due to COVID and a rash of serious injuries to key players, which can’t be denied.

What I do anticipate we’ll be seeing is Nolan (and some of the position coaches) getting the boot after this season.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Knowing how loyal the Jones’ have been historically, I think McCarthy’s job is safe this season for sure and probably next year.

What I anticipate we’ll be seeing is Nolan (and some of the position coaches) getting the boot after this season.

Jerry Jones is about money...he gave McCarthy a 5yr contract and is not going to PAY McCarthy to NOT coach for 4 more years.....Like it, Love it or hate it....McCarthy will be back as HC

ICP

Reaction score
I heard on the radio that Jane Slater is reporting that anonymous cowboy players are disgruntled. The current coaching staff isn't good a their jobs. They don't teach or make in-game adjustments.

MM may be out after the season but Dallas isn't getting better until they clean house and start signing higher character players.
They to start with replacing the GM

Jipper

Reaction score
I heard on the radio that Jane Slater is reporting that anonymous cowboy players are disgruntled. The current coaching staff isn't good a their jobs. They don't teach or make in-game adjustments.

If its one thing dallas has plenty of...its characters! Some of which are high

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
This isn’t Mikes fault. This is Zeke’s, Dlaw’s, and Jaylons fault and the money these Bozo’s gave to them.

I mean it is partially McCarthy’s fault. He can bench those players at anytime. It’s not like our defense could get any worse than what it is, so pulling them would have no effect whatsoever. Pollard is a pretty good replacement for Zeke at times, so no excuse there either.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones is about money...he gave McCarthy a 5yr contract and is not going to PAY McCarthy to NOT coach for 4 more years.....Like it, Love it or hate it....McCarthy will be back as HC

Every contract has a buyout. Pretty sure MM contract isn't gauranteed for every dollar. Besides, having a bad head coach is way more expensive.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I mean it is partially McCarthy’s fault. He can bench those players at anytime. It’s not like our defense could get any worse than what it is, so pulling them would have no effect whatsoever. Pollard is a pretty good replacement for Zeke at times, so no excuse there either.

This is a good point. Jerry won’t let him, though, and that is the problem with the franchise.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since the media isn't calling out the coaching staff enough, they figured they'd help that along to keep the light off their pathetic performance. One of the things I've always disliked about many of these players is how they try to shade someone else.

I didn't see a coach miss a block, tackle, have a fumble, drop a TD pass or quit at the end of the game. Lot of players on this team to dislike.