Hearing Jerry isn't going to fight

fgoodwin

Reaction score
Football is a sport and entertainment first.. The idea of suspending players for incidents they weren't charged for or ones they've already fulfilled their legal obligation for shouldn't be suspended. Outside of performance enhancing drugs the NFL should adopt consistentency between the actual legal law and how they approach their players.
I disagree with this.

The NFL (and the Cowboys) are a private employer, like many other companies. Companies are free to enforce their employment policies (consistent with the law, for example, no unlawful discrimination, etc.). Not every workplace dispute results in a call to the police. Companies must be free to enforce their own policies even if there are no legal charges. Where I work, I can be fired for being insubordinate to my bosses. But it isn't against the law to be insubordinate.

If I appealed such a firing to the courts, they'd laugh me out of the courtroom.

goshan

Reaction score
Listen to the words...

Jerry was very careful in saying he didn't believe this was 'domestic violence'. He did not say Elliott was was innocent of any physical violence against Tiffany.

Definition of DV:
"Domestic violence is the willful intimidation, physical assault, battery, sexual assault, and/or other abusive behavior as part of a systematic pattern of power and control perpetrated by one intimate partner against another. It includes physical violence, sexual violence, psychological violence, and emotional abuse. The frequency and severity of domestic violence can vary dramatically; however, the one constant component of domestic violence is one partner’s consistent efforts to maintain power and control over the other."

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The 'meta data' is just time-stamps and GEO location of the photographs she took of her bruises. Basically she is claiming that violence occurred over a multi-day period at certain specific times, and the time stamps on the photos support her story of when and where it happened. It isn't that complicated.
goshan-- for me this whole thing is emotionally complicated..on one hand i am upset at Zeke's behavior and on the other i am infuriated how a woman who they know lied to police ...that they know attempted to collude with witnesses to lie for her and they know threatened to witnesses to ruin Zeke's career can get the benefit of the doubt and be believed over Zeke....her unlawful behavior should mitiate the whole thing into "a wash" as to speak out that people cannot railroad players as much as coming down hard on DV...it just makes me so angry that the commissoner has the authority which the players gave him to do this...i understand why the players gave in also...they have a very short window to make as much money as possible...most of the time they can make a lifes worth of earnings in a few short years if they play their cards right..which most do not

erod

Reaction score
Football is a sport and entertainment first.. The idea of suspending players for incidents they weren't charged for or ones they've already fulfilled their legal obligation for shouldn't be suspended. Outside of performance enhancing drugs the NFL should adopt consistentency between the actual legal law and how they approach their players.

Disagree.
These players are about the only father figures half of America's boys have to look up to. Sad, but true.

There are a lot of loser dads out there.

erod

Reaction score
goshan-- for me this whole thing is emotionally complicated..on one hand i am upset at Zeke's behavior and on the other i am infuriated how a woman who they know lied to police ...that they know attempted to collude with witnesses to lie for her and they know threatened to witnesses to ruin Zeke's career can get the benefit of the doubt and be believed over Zeke....her unlawful behavior should mitiate the whole thing into "a wash" as to speak out that people cannot railroad players as much as coming down hard on DV...it just makes me so angry that the commissoner has the authority which the players gave him to do this...i understand why the players gave in also...they have a very short window to make as much money as possible...most of the time they can make a lifes worth of earnings in a few short years if they play their cards right..which most do not
Don't date crazy strippers with daddy issues.

Problem solved.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't date crazy strippers with daddy issues.

Problem solved.
erod--actually pretty much my whole experience dating women was when i went into US Navy as a teen after high school...i got stationed in Asia for the next 5 years and all my girlfriends were hookers...different over there...they want real girl and boyfriend experience and not just for money..anyway in their cultue sometimes the women kill the men if they are ticked off enough...and sometimes the men kill the women...they dont have DV...they settle in the street...the winner is the one who is right..now i am not saying this is the best way to have relations between men and women....but i married a woman from the Philippines 34 years ago and we are doing great..and i am not a wife beater at all...but i will defend myself with appropriate force...but afterward we make up...and make up sex is the best

erod

Reaction score
erod--actually pretty much my whole experience dating women was when i went into US Navy as a teen after high school...i got stationed in Asia for the next 5 years and all my girlfriends were hookers...different over there...they want real girl and boyfriend experience and not just for money..anyway in their cultue sometimes the women kill the men if they are ticked off enough...and sometimes the men kill the women...they dont have DV...they settle in the street...the winner is the one who is right..now i am not saying this is the best way to have relations between men and women....but i married a woman from the Philippines 34 years ago and we are doing great..and i am not a wife beater at all...but i will defend myself with appropriate force...but afterward we make up...and make up sex is the best
Dude.......

That's a lot of info. Lol

erod

Reaction score
Keep in mind, this suspension is kind of good for Jerry.

Zeke's contract is no longer guaranteed. If he gets hurt, Jerry is off the hook.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I wonder if Elliot would consider suing his ex civilly for the financial damage he will incur. It may open up a hornet's nest he doesn't want to deal with, but it may also be a step toward showing the NFL and everyone else how just how strongly he'll defend his innocence.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I wonder if Elliot would consider suing his ex civilly for the financial damage he will incur. It may open up a hornet's nest he doesn't want to deal with, but it may also be a step toward showing the NFL and everyone else how just how strongly he'll defend his innocence.
If he doesn't sue her, she'll sue him. With this NFL verdict it opens him up to a big civil suit.

erod

Reaction score
If there's any truth to her claims, he won't.

That could get ugly in court to rehash.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
He would fight it if he were 100% confident Zeke didn't commit violence.
But the risk is too great, as there is a reasonable chance he did do it.

He was very calculated in talking to the press last week (he already knew what was coming). He will move to the background on this now.

Theres zero chance he did do it since they have signed confessions and records of collusion to lie on the girls part.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Maybe he talked to Kraft, to see what to expect, and Kraft laid it out to him. There really is not anything Jerry can fight. Him and his peers signed off on the draconian imp that is the commissioner. The best he could hope for is removing him but that really is about it unless he decides he will work with the NFLPA on the next deal to get more favorable terms for the players in the CBA.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zeke will appeal, if he loses on the appeal you can expect him to go to Fed court. Jerry is not going to be able to do much