Heh-Ravens fans are going through EXACTLY what we went through last week!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Remember last week when we all thought the sky was falling(including myself), and that TSHTF soon? Here are some posts I got off the Ravens MB...of course, they had a heart-breaking loss against this SAME Pittsburgh team! Sound familiar?

If someone told me we would have a 3 point lead and the Steelers would be starting on their 8 yard line for their final drive of the game, I would take it every single time.

The Defense failed. Period. That is why we lost. Any defense that lets a mediocre offense drive over 90 yards is disgraceful.

The blame belongs on the defense, not some rookie.

If you want to call yourself a great defense, you don't allow that to happen. The Steelers D, and certainly our 2000 D would never have let that happen.

The refs blew it too, they should not have overturned that call, but the way our D was playing we would have lost anyway.

Exactly! Get ready to get called out though. I've already posted elsewhere something similar and was basically called an idiot but I couldn't agree more. This game was supposed to determine which defense was best. Well our D was better for 3 1/2 quarters but when it mattered most the Steelers forced a fumble costing us points and we let statistically one of the worst offenses drive 92 yards for the winning touchdown. People can blame the offense all they want and certainly they deserve some blame but they got the defense enought points to win and our D just couldn't hold it.

With the success of the new "close enough" rule, the NFL has announced that refs will begin wearing black and yellow striped shirts instead of the traditional black and white. When asked, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said, "We wanted the Steelers to beat the Ravens, so why hide from it? The "close enough" rule is a great way to show our affection for the Steelers, and we thought that the black and yellow stripes would be a nice touch, too."

The refs used the "close enough" rule multiple times in Sunday's game, most notably on the phamtom TD, the phantom first down, and the no-call on the delay of game penalty that should have been called on Pittsburgh. All of these "close enough" situation led to points for Pittsburgh. Aiello said, "These are the exact types of situations where we want the refs to have discretion to decide a team is close enough and give the plays to the team they favor. In Sunday's game, we clearly wanted Pittsburgh to win, and we got it done."

The Steelers got several early xmas presents from the NFL and Walt "Tuck Rule" Coleman on Sunday in the form of 1) a phantom touchdown, 2) a phantom first down, and 3) a couple of extra ticks on the play clock. The Steelers were able to translate these gifts into 10 points and a 13-9 win.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Flacco went up against the best defense in the NFL today. He has receivers who routinely drop balls.

To Flacco's credit, he's putting the ball where it needs to be. He's a good game manager. He's not fumbling snaps. He's not tripping over his own feet dropping back. Things are fine -- he just ran into one helluva great defense. The Steelers have beaten a lot of great quarterbacks... Flacco is on the list.

No, Flacco is not ready to lead the team. If we were to win in the playoffs, it would likely be our defense and/or the running game winning it for us. It's almost unlikely that Flacco would lead this entire team to wins in the playoffs. He's not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, at least not yet.

I watched the game from beginning to end Yesterday and sat and wondered. Did the coaching staff watch the Dallas game? The Defense played outstanding for 56 minutes. They were blitzing, giving different looks...their normal rough and unexpected game. Then on the final drive they shift to a "Prevent defense". WHY? Last week the Cowboys tried that...did it work? No. You cannot rush 3 down linemen and expect to put any kind of pressure on "Big Ben". Why did the Ravens stop blitzing? This above all else angered me more than anything else about Yesterdays game. Yea the Offense wasn't spectacular...We were playing the #1 Defense. I can live with that aspect of the game. The "Touchdown" call....yea we all know it was wrong. Point is, it should never had happened...the Steelers should never had even come close to our end zone. We had a chance to stop the Steelers and a real chance to win the Division. Now we have to try and hold on to the last Wild Card spot. I truely believe we can. I just hope that the next time we have a lead like yesterday, the coaches remember that is was the "Smashmouth", in your face, blitzing style of Defense that put you there. Hit em and hit em hard for 60 minutes...not 56 minutes and let's play "Prevent". GO RAVENS.....put Dallas and Jacksonville in the bag...the Season starts in January!!!!

the refs called a bull**** touchdown. The ball never broke the plain while he had possesion. I'm done watching the ravens this season. I go through so much crap supporting my team in Chicago. Wats the point? And to cam cameron on his "amazing" play calling, when you leading late in the first quarter, most people wouldn't pass it. Now I have to go to work and pass by a dope steeler fan tomorow. Good luck next year. :-/

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
we have to take this game seriously. Baltimore is not going to be easy as most were saying in the beginning of the season(not me). It has been a rough week already around the house.:D

Smith22

Reaction score
Baltimore HATES the Steelers with a passion. I know that loss will sit with them for a day or 2. We are catching them at a good time, in our house, closing Texas Stadium. We HAVE to win this game.