Heisman committee just OWNED Cedric Benson....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is funny to me all the way around. Heavy Hitter, do you ever research anything?

As for Benson not being effective against OU well, here's the story.

93 yards on 23 carries. 4.0 YPC against a very good defense.

Young was 8 for 23 for 86 yards. Obvioulsy, he was no threat. What does that mean? It means OU focused on Benson.

I'm not saying he's the best or will even win but you should at least act like your trying to make an honest point rather then just throwing out BS.

He should be a finalist. He's had that kind of season. He's better then Bush.

Whomever said Alex Smith is correct. That guy is the best player in the land as far as I am concerned.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
I think so. If Jason White didn't win it last year, he would have probably won it this year. But White didn't significantly outplay Leinart if you are going to argue that he outplayed him at all. It was just too close and the committee likes to spread the wealth.

Personally, I think Adrian Peterson deserved it and had he been a Jr. or Sr., it wouldn't even be a question as to who the winner would be

blue_ribbon.gif

Congratulations!

This is officially the first time I've ever heard you actually sound like a semi-OU fan!!!

You constantly claim to be one, but you always end up poor-mouthing the players or the program.

I was wondering if it was some big joke... that you were really a Texas fan who claimed to be an OU fan and then would take shots at them... but maybe you really are what you say you are.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh... I don't mean it to. I've been drinking here at work for most of the afternoon, so please excuse me.

It's just that, usually, "fans" try to see the best in their team and usually give them the benefit of the doubt. It seems that as OU is concerned, you always do the opposite.

Anyway, forget I said any of this.

Boomer Sooner! and see you in Miami!!!!

joseephuss

Reaction score
Danny White said:
blue_ribbon.gif

Congratulations!

This is officially the first time I've ever heard you actually sound like a semi-OU fan!!!

You constantly claim to be one, but you always end up poor-mouthing the players or the program.

I was wondering if it was some big joke... that you were really a Texas fan who claimed to be an OU fan and then would take shots at them... but maybe you really are what you say you are.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh... I don't mean it to. I've been drinking here at work for most of the afternoon, so please excuse me.

It's just that, usually, "fans" try to see the best in their team and usually give them the benefit of the doubt. It seems that as OU is concerned, you always do the opposite.

Anyway, forget I said any of this.

Boomer Sooner! and see you in Miami!!!!

Two questions:

1. What do you do that you can drink at work?

2. Are you hiring?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Two questions:

1. What do you do that you can drink at work?

2. Are you hiring?

1. One of the beauties of owning your own business.

2. Depends on what you do.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Danny White said:

I am a structural engineer. I don't know if that helps you, but it doesn't matter too much because I couldn't work for a Sooner fan anyway. :D

Roughneck

Reaction score
Danny White said:

Hey, any business could use a good lawyer, especially one that involves alcohol at the work place. The catch? You'll have to wait until I finish UT Law (I've yet to start).

*sigh*

:(

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I am a structural engineer. I don't know if that helps you, but it doesn't matter too much because I couldn't work for a Sooner fan anyway. :D

Or a conservative, I'd bet! :D

joseephuss

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Or a conservative, I'd bet! :D

I could work for a conservative because they are supposed to be fiscally responsible. It's the neo-cons that I don't trust. :D

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
SoTex said:
I never called you crazy or stated any other personal opinions. You just claimed that Peterson should win but Benson was not impressive. UT's strength of schedule is 15th in the nation. OU's strength of schedule is 22nd in the nation. Benson has more yards and TD's than Peterson but more carries. However, they both average 5.8 ypc. Why would Peterson be deserved, but Benson is not worthy of an invite? I think Peterson is a better back than Benson. In the next couple of years AD is going to be something very special IMO. If Benson doesn't get an invite to the Downtown Athletic Club for the ceremony it is a crime. JMO

Cedric Benson definitely deserves an invite but so do the other 4 players. I was only reacting to the original post because he misled us by falsely confirming who the recipients were. Based on the invited players on that list, you could certainly make a case why Benson would be ignored. But you are right, anyone could easily make a case why Cedric Benson should be deserving too.

I didn't take offense to your post and I know you were not trying to spite me. The reason why I give Peterson the benefit of the doubt is he came up big against Texas. When they went head to head, Petersen outperformed Benson by a significant margin and that's putting it politely. Petersen outrushed Benson by 130 yards. That is a clutch performance. When the biggest game was on the line, Petersen outperformed Benson. I think Oklahoma and Texas are the only two legitimate teams in the Big 12 conference in my opinion. If Peterson didn't perform well against Texas, I wouldn't be that high on him. I'm not that impressed by the rest of the teams in the Big 12 so if I'm a Heisman committee member, I want to see how Peterson and Benson performed against each other since they are the only real teams in the conference.

It is just my opinion the Big 12 conference is weak this year. Several people disagree with me by pointing to the teams who were once ranked in the top 25 such as Texas AM, Texas Tech and OSU. I think those teams are overrated and inflate the SOS of both OU and Texas. I think OU and Texas the real deal but I'm not impressed by those other teams. I think there were many unranked teams that were better than OSU, Texas AM and Texas Tech such as Notre Dame, Alabama, Syracuse and Boston College for example.

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Cedric Benson definitely deserves an invite but so do the other 4 players. I was only reacting to the original post because he misled us by falsely confirming who the recipients were. Based on the invited players on that list, you could certainly make a case why Benson would be ignored. But you are right, anyone could easily make a case why Cedric Benson should be deserving too.

I didn't take offense to your post and I know you were not trying to spite me. The reason why I give Peterson the benefit of the doubt is he came up big against Texas. When they went head to head, Petersen outperformed Benson by a significant margin and that's putting it politely. Petersen outrushed Benson by 130 yards. That is a clutch performance. When the biggest game was on the line, Petersen outperformed Benson. I think Oklahoma and Texas are the only two legitimate teams in the Big 12 conference in my opinion. If Peterson didn't perform well against Texas, I wouldn't be that high on him. I'm not that impressed by the rest of the teams in the Big 12 so if I'm a Heisman committee member, I want to see how Peterson and Benson performed against each other since they are the only real teams in the conference.

It is just my opinion the Big 12 conference is weak this year. Several people disagree with me by pointing to the teams who were once ranked in the top 25 such as Texas AM, Texas Tech and OSU. I think those teams are overrated and inflate the SOS of both OU and Texas. I think OU and Texas the real deal but I'm not impressed by those other teams. I think there were many unranked teams that were better than OSU, Texas AM and Texas Tech such as Notre Dame, Alabama, Syracuse and Boston College for example.

Man, has ANYONE ever said the SAME THING, SO MANY meaningless ways, in the history of Forum Boards!?!?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Gee. anyone surprised that the 1st response from the person who 1st posted this erroneous thread, is some nonsensical, 6th grade BS!?!?

First of all, thats absolutely terrible grammer and sentence structure.

Second, just because your precious little Cedric Benson got the finger from the Heisman committee doesnt mean you have to get all pissy about it.

Third, how long did you have to think about it before coming up with "6th grade BS"? I'll be your brain hurts...

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
First of all, thats absolutely terrible grammer and sentence structure.

Second, just because your precious little Cedric Benson got the finger from the Heisman committee doesnt mean you have to get all pissy about it.

Third, how long did you have to think about it before coming up with "6th grade BS"? I'll be your brain hurts...
Here's a hint Capt. Pisswilly... If you're going to critique someone's posts on grammatical, and/or spelling errors, best NOT to leave any in your own!!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Here's a hint Capt. Pisswilly... If you're going to critique someone's posts on grammatical, and/or spelling errors, best NOT to leave any in your own!!

I rest my case :D

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The 4 Heisman invites are:

1: Reggie Bush
2: Adrian Peterson
3: Jason White
4: Matt Leinhart

Cedric Benson, youve just been:

1tao5a_awro-lui%20was%20owned.jpg
Everybody on the list had help from somebody else on the list. That's why Benson should be there. He got no help at all.

Put Henson In

Reaction score
Umm our dredlocked friend will be there. Oh, I will be in Pasadena over New Years. Hook em baby!!!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The 4 Heisman invites are:

1: Reggie Bush
2: Adrian Peterson
3: Jason White
4: Matt Leinhart

Cedric Benson, youve just been:

1tao5a_awro-lui%20was%20owned.jpg

OK, he's now officially been owned I suppose.

FWIW I think Lienart will win... but the Sooners will have the last laugh in the Orange Bowl.

royhitshard

Reaction score
Danny White said:
OK, he's now officially been owned I suppose.

FWIW I think Lienart will win... but the Sooners will have the last laugh in the Orange Bowl.

I will second that. Leinert wins and White goes in with a chip on his shoulder. This reminds me of the 2000 championship when Torrance Marshall met Weinkeeeeee at midfield for the coin flip, and told him "You stole my Boys trophy" and little did we know, he got it back for Josh. :D