Hello forum

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Hello Forum. My first post. Longtime NFL fan.

I was going to post a "whats the earliest cowboys/Commander game you remember" thread, but I'm too new.

Anyway, Kia Ora from Christchurch, New Zealand
:welcome::oldcouple:

Xelda

Reaction score
Welcome aboard @mtylerjr. It's hard to say which is the first Cowboys/Commanders game I remember watching. One that stands out is when Crazy Ray was getting into it in the stands with their Crazy Indian (I don't know his official name and don't tell me because I'll forget it immediately). I was laughing as the camera crew shot in on them jawing at each other. Since I was laughing, you can bet we were winning.

mtylerjr

Reaction score
The earliest cowyboys-Commanders game I can clearly remember was from Oct 2 1978 Monday night football (Commanders won 9-5)

I remember Theismann running backwards into the endzone to take a safety on the final play of the game instead of punting and risking a cowboy punt return (Commanders led 9-3).
Only instead of running through the end zone, ending the game, he stayed in bounds thinking the game was over for some reason, got hit, and fumbled, and if the cowboys had recovered they would have won, but it rolled out of bounds.

I would have been 11 then.

I do vaguely remember watching the Clint Longley/Thanskgiving game with my parents, but I was 7

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Kia Ora" is an expression in the Māori language, and simply means "hello". Literally translated it has a meaning of "be well or healthy"

(Not Māori though... ex-pat American married to a Māori)
I was married to a Moaner.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
The earliest cowyboys-Commanders game I can clearly remember was from Oct 2 1978 Monday night football (Commanders won 9-5)

I remember Theismann running backwards into the endzone to take a safety on the final play of the game instead of punting and risking a cowboy punt return (Commanders led 9-3).
Only instead of running through the end zone, ending the game, he stayed in bounds thinking the game was over for some reason, got hit, and fumbled, and if the cowboys had recovered they would have won, but it rolled out of bounds.

I would have been 11 then.

I do vaguely remember watching the Clint Longley/Thanskgiving game with my parents, but I was 7
Welcome to the forum.