Hello from Greece

Parcells

Reaction score
hello to all Cowboyz fans!! Just want yall to know how lucky you guys are to be in the USA and just be able to turn on the TV to ESPN or computerto check out our most favorite team.. I unfortunately need to find a ride first then ride for 45 minutes then wait in line for a computer to be available just to get on the internet and first place I go to is the "ZONE" well just want to know everyones opinion on this years season coming up. Do yall guys think we are playoff bound or just missing the playoffs again by a game or 2? let me hear all yalls opinions that way next time I come back I dont really miss much.. I obviously have to pay to be on the internet if everyone put in there thoughts I could get the whole story in one thread and not waste time.. Cause like they say "TIME IS MONEY" hehe anyway I do think we are playoff bound we do have enough offense now to compliment our good defense which i think will be even better this year.. please guys post some good points and good opinions. Greatly appreciated.. and for yall I will kiss all the tourists I can for yall hehe .. "only girls" no exceptions. yall have a great summer and a great season of watching.

P.s. I will be back in the USA by week 4 of the NFL.. I know its sad but also we have a bye on the third week.. so somewhat I got lucky I guess. thanks all.. happy posting only

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Parcells said:
well just want to know everyones opinion on this years season coming up. Do yall guys think we are playoff bound or just missing the playoffs again by a game or 2? let me hear all yalls opinions that way next time I come back I dont really miss much..

I think we have a very good chance of going all the way this year. Last season we lost 2-3 games due solely to our lousy kickers. We should have been 11-5 or 12-4 and easily made the playoffs. I don't know how far we would have gone then but certainly we were a better team than our record showed.

This year our defense should be very stout with the addition of Carpenter and with Ware, Spears, & Canty having a year under their belts. The only real concern I have is depth at NT. Ferguson should do well but behind him are two un-proven players in Thomas Johnson and rookie Montavious Stanley. If they can just hold the point of attack then we should be OK.

FS was a concern last year but we have more choices this year with the veteran Coleman, the incumbent Davis, the rookie Watkins, and last year's rookie Beriault. One of them will step up and be the guy for us.

On offense our biggest concern was and is the O-Line. Rob Petitti did well at RT when facing lesser DEs but struggled against the better passrushers. He has worked on his strength, conditioning, and agility as well as being recovered from an ankle injury that hampered him in the 2nd half of the season. We also brought in Jason Fabini from the Jets to compete with him which means that we actually have depth at the OT position for once. Marc Columbo could also be a player there for us if he has fully recovered but I don't really expect much from him this season as he works on getting back into football shape.

The addition of Terrell Owens is upsetting to me because I can't stand the guy but there is no denying his talent and if he can eep his head out of his rear then he should be very productive for us and help open up the offense for the other players like Glenn, Witten, & Jones.

Drafting TE Anthony Fasano gives us the ability to go with a 2-TE set which should give Bledsoe more time and more options.

The biggest addition was signing kicker Mike Vanderjagt from the Colts. He is the most accurate kicker in NFL history but I would rather have signed Adam Viniateri. Still Vandy will not miss those kicks that cost us last season so we should end up with a record of 12-4 or 13-3 if it unfolds the way I envision it.

I truly believe this is the year we pull it all together and make a run at the SB title. Of course injuries could derail the season for us like they have in the past but I am praying that we can stay healthy this year and go all the way.

Go Cowboys!!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Parcells said:
hello to all Cowboyz fans!! Just want yall to know how lucky you guys are to be in the USA and just be able to turn on the TV to ESPN or computerto check out our most favorite team.. I unfortunately need to find a ride first then ride for 45 minutes then wait in line for a computer to be available just to get on the internet and first place I go to is the "ZONE" well just want to know everyones opinion on this years season coming up. Do yall guys think we are playoff bound or just missing the playoffs again by a game or 2? let me hear all yalls opinions that way next time I come back I dont really miss much.. I obviously have to pay to be on the internet if everyone put in there thoughts I could get the whole story in one thread and not waste time.. Cause like they say "TIME IS MONEY" hehe anyway I do think we are playoff bound we do have enough offense now to compliment our good defense which i think will be even better this year.. please guys post some good points and good opinions. Greatly appreciated.. and for yall I will kiss all the tourists I can for yall hehe .. "only girls" no exceptions. yall have a great summer and a great season of watching.

P.s. I will be back in the USA by week 4 of the NFL.. I know its sad but also we have a bye on the third week.. so somewhat I got lucky I guess. thanks all.. happy posting only
At least you get to see a bunch of beautiful Greek girls. Convert some of them to the Boys and maybe bring one home.

Pictures, pictures, pictures. REmember it's a family site so PM me the really good ones.

:grin:

Enjoy your time there.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parcells said:
just want to know everyones opinion on this years season coming up.
Tough schedule is the first thing I think about. We go 10-6 in my book. Not sure if that is good enough to win the east or just a wild card. The main thing for me is that I am back into the mindset that the regular season is just a warmup for the playoffs. It's how we perform once we are there that will dictate the overall success or failure of this season. If we get through the regular season fairly injury free we could do some real damage in the playoffs. This season could be the most exciting one we have had in many years.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I was in Greece last season when we played the Sea Hawks. Greek girls are hot up to the age of maybe 19. Then it's fat fat fat!!!!!!!

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
DanTanna said:
I was in Greece last season when we played the Sea Hawks. Greek girls are hot up to the age of maybe 19. Then it's fat fat fat!!!!!!!

Fat or they just had a little meat on their bones??? I like em a lil thick you know depending on height and all the other intangibles..lol...:lmao: ..Any how just wondering if I need to plan my next vacation....

roughneck266

Reaction score
DanTanna said:

I've been on a rig off the coast of Nigeria for almost a month, if they ain't got a beard I think I can deal with it!

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
roughneck266 said:
I've been on a rig off the coast of Nigeria for almost a month, if they ain't got a beard I think I can deal with it!

Lmao....Thats pretty funny but be careful what you wish for.....

wxcpo

Reaction score
I lived in Greece for a year, actually on the island of Crete, back in the early 90's. Absolutely loved it and was actually back there again in 2002 for about three days. Greek women definitely aren't the best, but in the summer time the island was packed with women from all across Europe. Enjoy your time over there and tak elots of pictures.

Parcells

Reaction score
I live in Karpathos one island next to crete. Im from here so I visit every 2 years. I love it here the girls are hot and some chunky, but hey thats everywhere its the summertime when all the pretty ones show up. I might be going to crete for a couple of days and to rhodes just to get away from Karpathos. but I really appreciate yall guys keeping me up to date cause its hard to keep up without having an internet shop close by. Hostile brother your still the same as when I left USA. I will bring you some beautiful pics back. dont worry my friend :) anyway I think our team will be more mature this year plus our D should be even better and like yall said. Our kicker should bring us atleast 2 victories. if he has the chance ofcourse. I attended last years monday night football game with the Commanders with my brother "cowboy Chris" first cowboys game I ever been to.. and as we all know we lost at the end with 2 bombs to that nobody Santana Moss and ruined my whole trip to dallas.. I was literally sick for 3 weeks after that. anyhow this year we get revenge and will make up for all with our rivarly. anyway guys hope all of yall have a great summer and I will check up periodically to see what is happening just make sure yall post and keep this thread going with the latest news so I know and I promise yall pics from greece. Take care my friends and like they say in Greece "Gia Sas" "goodbye"......