Helmet warmer

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Until this week's games, I didn't realize that the players have a thimbamabobber on the sidelines that keeps their helmet warm until they go back in to play. Am I the only one who didn't know that was a thing?

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bill Bates worked on creating a safer environment for football players through the production of air-cooled shoulder pads and the Temperature Management System (TMS). This was several years ago. Not sure if these pads are still being used.

Rajveer

Reaction score
I took my inspiration from Robo Cop and invented Robo Tackle but my coding skills suck and he was always flagged for a false start. I am back to a 9 to 5.

Praxit

Reaction score
.. same here I had no clue. And it sure is interesting.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Until this week's games, I didn't realize that the players have a thimbamabobber on the sidelines that keeps their helmet warm until they go back in to play. Am I the only one who didn't know that was a thing?
yeah, it's been around several years, how many i don't know. but i did notice them before. Guess it's first come first served because there aren't enough for every player. The next big thing is one they can stick down their pants, LOL....the thermamaprobe.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
I saw recently that the Miami Dolphins designed their stadium so that the visiting benches would be in direct sunlight in the afternoon, while theirs is in the shade. In hot weather, it can be 90 degrees on their side and 120 on the other. Teams started bringing in cooling benches to combat this.

JustChip

Reaction score
I saw recently that the Miami Dolphins designed their stadium so that the visiting benches would be in direct sunlight in the afternoon, while theirs is in the shade. In hot weather, it can be 90 degrees on their side and 120 on the other. Teams started bringing in cooling benches to combat this.
I’d bring mirrors in to reflect the sunlight to the home side.