Helmet warmer

cowboyed

Reaction score
Until this week's games, I didn't realize that the players have a thimbamabobber on the sidelines that keeps their helmet warm until they go back in to play. Am I the only one who didn't know that was a thing?
Can't wait till they can don their colored blinking lights helmet during night games near Christmas.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Is it even possible to have a typo on a word that isn't actually really a word?
Oh, "thingamabobber" is a real word. It's just more used in formal English, like if you were getting your doctorate and you had to write a thesis, it would be really important to use words like "thingamabobber," "whatchamacallit," and "dealy-dad." King Charles uses those words all the time.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh, "thingamabobber" is a real word. It's just more used in formal English, like if you were getting your doctorate and you had to write a thesis, it would be really important to use words like "thingamabobber," "whatchamacallit," and "dealy-dad." King Charles uses those words all the time.
I just asked Chas and he said he's with you on whatchamacallit but he prefers 'thingamy-bob'. He had no idea what a dealy- dad was though.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I just asked Chas and he said he's with you on whatchamacallit but he prefers 'thingamy-bob'. He had no idea what a dealy- dad was though.
I think dealy-dad or dealy-bob are Texas things. I thought Chas had picked up at least one of them from me.