Help I can't post threads or message anyone

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
It keeps telling me my content is spam-like or contains language or characters that are not allowed. I don't even know what that means. Can a mod or someone tell me how to remedy this please? I promise it is regular words and titles and links etc.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re hitting an automatic filter. I don’t know whether or not the same filters will apply to PMs, but if you message me the content I can take a look at it for you and maybe help find out what’s tripping the filter.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
You’re hitting an automatic filter. I don’t know whether or not the same filters will apply to PMs, but if you message me the content I can take a look at it for you and maybe help find out what’s tripping the filter.
That was the thing it was an attempt to make a thread in the NFL zone but it said waiting for moderation approval, but it gave me that auto message, then when I tried separately to message it popped up again. I think it could be a problem with my computer or some type of coding error on both parties. I dunno.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The site will sometimes flag posts as moderation-required based on various factors and triggers.

This is not specific to you or anyone, but rather the content of the posts affected.

In most cases (not all though), the posts are reviewed and approved by the staff.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
The site will sometimes flag posts as moderation-required based on various factors and triggers.

This is not specific to you or anyone, but rather the content of the posts affected.

In most cases (not all though), the posts are reviewed and approved by the staff.
Right I knew that but there seems to be a thing changing or adding to anything I created because the message I was trying to send was not anything like the thread I tried to post.

Also like I said it said waiting for moderation approval but right after I attempted to post and I clicked on my waiting thread it auto flagged it as spam content or spam like characters or whatever.

So something happened to anything outside of the normal thread replies I have posted and of course this thread I started where it was seeing it as spam.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From what I can tell, you posted a thread that was flagged for moderation (which happens quite often every day for many users).

Then you tried to send the post via PM/Conversation to someone else and that is where the system prevented you from posting it.

The PM (Conversation) system and the thread posting system are completely separate systems and are treated differently.

The PM/conversation system has a much higher level of defense for moderation-flagged content and will not allow any post flagged as moderation-required to be sent, where normal thread posts flagged as moderation-required will place your post in a queue for the staff to review.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Interesting, they had the same auto message. It might have been coincidence. I somehow felt confident making this thread wasn't going to go under the same treatment and it wasn't but I still don't know why. I guess it was a fluke of something and maybe it won't happen again, who knows what happened there.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting, they had the same auto message. It might have been coincidence. I somehow felt confident making this thread wasn't going to go under the same treatment and it wasn't but I still don't know why. I guess it was a fluke of something and maybe it won't happen again, who knows what happened there.
Posts get flagged for many reasons every day and as I said, they are not specific to any users but rather the content.

In many cases, it's obvious to the staff member why a post was flagged, but in some cases we have no idea why it was flagged.

Either way, someone on the staff reviews it and either approves or rejects it.

The benefit of the moderation detection system though is that it helps reduce the number of warnings the staff has to give out.

A downside is that it adds more work for the staff and also means sometimes posts that are completely fine get caught in the moderation net and have to be approved by the staff.