HELP out a NJ Cowboy Fan

ilovejerry

Reaction score
:banghead: Please help me.
This is my dilemma, I have direct TV, They want $269 for the Sunday Ticket plus another $99 for HD package. Plus I have to buy a HD receiver for $99 if I want Tivo its 399.00 Plus my plan goes up 9.99 a month for HD service. And I cant change my local service.That is Mental. They not only want to screw me they want to beat and steal my kids as well.
So I call the Dish Network, twice as many HD programming but no NFL Ticket. OK who cares I'm only interested in the Cowboys anyway, So it doesn't matter as long as I can have local Dallas Channels. No can do the FCC has just passed a Law that wont allow you to switch from your local TV stations.
Can you believe this, I also have my local cable company who charges me 100 and change for cable modem and HD, There not bad I mean there expensive but compared to Direct TV, there much better, Plus in the area I live I catch Philly and NYC local, So at least I get to see the Boys when they play the Philly Cheese steaks and the NY midgets.
If anyone out there knows anyway I mean anyway by hook or by crook I need Dallas local TV, JERRY If you are listening theres many of us who would gladly Pay for a all Dallas Cowboys TV channel like the NY Yankees have YES network. We are starved out here.. We are the Dallas Cowboys not the Bengals there's million's of fans all over the World we need to do something about this. This is insane already...
Thanks Corey

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
ilovejerry said:
Please help me.
This is my dilemma, I have direct TV, They want $269 for the Sunday Ticket plus another $99 for HD package. Plus I have to buy a HD receiver for $99 if I want Tivo its 399.00 Plus my plan goes up 9.99 a month for HD service. And I cant change my local service.That is Mental. They not only want to F***K me they want to beat and steal my kids as well.
So I call the Dish Network, twice as many HD programming but no NFL Ticket. OK who cares I'm only interested in the Cowboys anyway, So it doesn't matter as long as I can have local Dallas Channels. No can do the FCC has just passed a Law that wont allow you to switch from your local TV stations.
Can you believe this, I also have my local cable company who charges me 100 and change for cable modem and HD, There not bad I mean there expensive but compared to Direct TV, there much better, Plus in the area I live I catch Philly and NYC local, So at least I get to see the Boys when they play the Philly Cheese steaks and the NY midgets.
If anyone out there knows anyway I mean anyway by hook or by crook I need Dallas local TV, JERRY If you are listening theres many of us who would gladly Pay for a all Dallas Cowboys TV channel like the NY Yankees have YES network. We are starved out here.. We are the Dallas Cowboys not the Bengals there's million's of fans all over the World we need to do something about this. This is insane already...
Thanks Corey
Call the DTV retention line at 800-824-9081 tell them the only reason your with DTV is for the NFL Sunday ticket and Dish is offering you a complete HD system with the DVR. I did that and they sent me the HDDVR for free I paid shipping plus they gave me the Super fan Free and 20.00 off for 6 months.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
the best thing to do is just get directv and sunday ticket. you can get the min package and add sunday ticket for 4 payments, so its not that bad. And if you shop around, you can get alot of the HD stuff for free. I got My HD ird, and programming free along with the Superfan package ,, but I was an existing customer. But I can't see how anyone can call themselves a true football fan without the Ticket,, its awesome!!

ilovejerry

Reaction score
I have had the Ticket for 3 years now. But I will be honest with you I'm not a fantasy football guy, I'm not a gambler ( I know I'm not the majority I'm just a loyal Cowboy fan ) I'm an old school Cowboy guy, I could care less about the AFC or the rest of the NFC for that matter, If it pertains to the Cowboys and I have to watch a division team play another I will, But I really don't have time to watch or for that part care to, I have the Sunday ticket just to watch the Cowboys. My point is why do I need to get reamed to watch the Cowboys in HD. Thanks for the info on DTV I will call them again and See what they will do.
C

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
ilovejerry said:
I have had the Ticket for 3 years now. But I will be honest with you I'm not a fantasy football guy, I'm not a gambler ( I know I'm not the majority I'm just a loyal Cowboy fan ) I'm an old school Cowboy guy, I could care less about the AFC or the rest of the NFC for that matter, If it pertains to the Cowboys and I have to watch a division team play another I will, But I really don't have time to watch or for that part care to, I have the Sunday ticket just to watch the Cowboys. My point is why do I need to get reamed to watch the Cowboys in HD. Thanks for the info on DTV I will call them again and See what they will do.
C
1) Dont get the HD Package - simple as that

2) I get the HD Package for free b/c I've been a customer for 5 years

3) Just go to a local bar - wherabouts in Jersey? Champs in Wooodbridge used to show all the games - but after you eat and drink the 10 times that you go - you may as well have gotten the NFL package and enjoyed the games at home.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
How do you guys get Ticket for free ? I pay for 17 recievers. My bill everymonth is like 300 and change I have the premium package and your telling me you get the football package for free, Thats Bull DTV will pay me in blood now !!!! If there givning away stuff because you've been a member for 5 years and I have been a member for 3 and have Paid for 17 recievers then what am I doing wrong ?

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
ilovejerry said:
How do you guys get Ticket for free ? I pay for 17 recievers. My bill everymonth is like 300 and change I have the premium package and your telling me you get the football package for free, Thats Bull DTV will pay me in blood now !!!! If there givning away stuff because you've been a member for 5 years and I have been a member for 3 and have Paid for 17 recievers then what am I doing wrong ?
I said I get the HD package for free.... $99 off....

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i'd pay for cowboys tv, like the yankees hell yeah that would be sweeet

Smith22

Reaction score
I just called and the woman didn't offer me anything. I politely mentioned that we were offered a free system plus dvr from dish, and I asked if directv had any offers going on. She said no, that if I paid full price last year for Superfan, then I would be credited for Superfan for FREE this year AFTER I pay for it again. What sense does that make? :bang2: I also mentioned something about the mpeg4 HD coming out, and she basically said it isn't available in my area yet and when it is, i will have to like $399 for it. I'll call again later this week, but if they stay true to that, I will consider leaving them after this season, no way am I paying for new equipment when I've already upgraded once to a new dish and HD receiver.:bang2::bang2:

superpunk

Reaction score
that blows 22. I called the retention line and got hooked up. Free equipment, free superfan, free movie channels, 50 dollar credit, 10 bucks off my bill every month. I've been a customer for 3-4 years. Maybe you got a bad apple - or she was PMSing. I'd try again?

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
just find a sportsbar you enjoy like the rest of us poorfolk.

problem solved.

besides...i see no less than 6 or 7 games on local tv anyways, and sometimes more, so that only leaves like 9 or 10 bar games TOPS.

no biggie.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
You see thats my point. DTV doesn't give a rats a** for there customers. My Brother bought the HD package with the HD receiver and he didn't get local HD channels, He had to go out by a HD antenna and Now there's a newer style receiver that gets the local HD signal. They are a Bush league company basically lying to there customers so they can give The NFL whatever money they want so we get shafted and extorted by them.
I used to like sports bars but I'm sick of fighting with drunken Commander or eagles, giant fans. I cant hear the broadcast, my shirts end up stinking of smoke,shall I go on. Al thought I do like meeting other Cowboy fans, I would rather have them over at my house to watch the game. I'll Provide the beer.
C

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
ilovejerry said:
:banghead: Please help me.
This is my dilemma, I have direct TV, They want $269 for the Sunday Ticket plus another $99 for HD package. Plus I have to buy a HD receiver for $99 if I want Tivo its 399.00 Plus my plan goes up 9.99 a month for HD service. And I cant change my local service.That is Mental. They not only want to screw me they want to beat and steal my kids as well.
Thanks Corey

I get the Super Fan for free because I spend a ton of money each month on DirecTV. But, to get the other stuff, you'll have to either wait for a special offer, or bite the bullet and try to talk them into a deal. I have it all, HD, TIVO, some movies, some sports, NFL package, and Super Fan. I recently upgraded receivers to get my local channels in HD, and the whole upgrade cost me a $100. I'm still trying to figure out that bill.

You will never get Dallas local channels in New Jersey, according to Directv, as I tried to do that from Florida, and it no deal. I suspect at some point in the future, the NFL will take over the package for all subscription packages, and make them available through cable or satellite.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Ok heres the update,
There giving me the superfan for free, $20 off for 6 months ,swapping my old equipment. And I'm waiting to hear from JKSmith as how he got a HDDVR, As they will give me that if its a valid reason, So this is were I'm right now, If they give me the HDDVR ,I will be somewhat satisfied Like I said I spend over $300 a month with these guys. and have been for 4 years. I agree hopefully the NFL will take this over so we can watch all of the local Dallas coverage.
Thanks guys. by far the best cowboy board around, like I said beers on me for, in central NJ
Corey

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
ilovejerry said:
Ok heres the update,
There giving me the superfan for free, $20 off for 6 months ,swapping my old equipment. And I'm waiting to hear from JKSmith as how he got a HDDVR, As they will give me that if its a valid reason, So this is were I'm right now, If they give me the HDDVR ,I will be somewhat satisfied Like I said I spend over $300 a month with these guys. and have been for 4 years. I agree hopefully the NFL will take this over so we can watch all of the local Dallas coverage.
Thanks guys. by far the best cowboy board around, like I said beers on me for, in central NJ
Corey
Hey just PM"D you...

ilovejerry

Reaction score
OK Cowboy fans,

I'm back. Here's the story, The problem started when I called the DTV regular line and spoke to some underling who was rude and uninformed, So I called the CRC line that JKSmith put up, They we more then helpful.
This is what the offered me
-Super fan with the Ticket
-HDDVR/Dish with installation, will upgrade me to the newer Mpeg 4 when its available in a month or 2 ( its still in testing. )
-20.00 off for 6 months
-4 month free HD service
-Reduced my monthly premium package
one year plan.

So I have the NFL again but no local Dallas, I know I'm still complaining, But DTV made good with the upgrades and all, so I'm stoked about that,
Thanks everyone especially JKSmith,

Beer and Pizza is still on me if your ever in NJ.
Corey