Henry apparently hit 21.80 mph on his 75 yarder

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Making him the fastest ball carrier in the NFL this year. As I have been saying to people all year.. Nobody gets to full speed until they've run at least 50-60 yards. If anybody here is going to now argue that Derrick Henry is faster than Tyreke Hill, John Ross, DK Metcalf and the like I got some beachfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell ya. Henry hit that speed because he was able to run 70 yards without being touched. There are 30 guys in the league who could run faster if they got to run the same distance untouched. But that doesn't change the fact that Henry was haulin *** on that run!!! That dude is a beast.

kskboys

Reaction score
I loved Zeke when he came out and pushed for us to draft him but imagine having Henry, Ramsey and TJ Watt on this team.
Zeke is better to and thru the LOS.

Did you happen to know that Z's YPC is higher than Henry's this season?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I loved Zeke when he came out and pushed for us to draft him but imagine having Henry, Ramsey and TJ Watt on this team.

I said at the time of the draft I would be happy either way.. Zeke and a good defender or Henry and a good defender.. Either one worked for me. I would love having Henry on this team but I don't think I would want Ramsey.. This team is wonderfully divaless and that dude is a drama queen. No thanks.. Keep in mind too that if we were willing to run an offense that fed Zeke the ball 25-30 times a game I think we'd be getting similar results as what the Titans are getting.. Though I do think their line is better at run blocking that ours.. But we're a little better at pass blocking.. And why you gotta bring up TJ Watt and harsh my mellow man?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I said at the time of the draft I would be happy either way.. Zeke and a good defender or Henry and a good defender.. Either one worked for me. I would love having Henry on this team but I don't think I would want Ramsey.. This team is wonderfully divaless and that dude is a drama queen. No thanks.. Keep in mind too that if we were willing to run an offense that fed Zeke the ball 25-30 times a game I think we'd be getting similar results as what the Titans are getting.. Though I do think their line is better at run blocking that ours.. But we're a little better at pass blocking.. And why you gotta bring up TJ Watt and harsh my mellow man?
People talk about Ramsey as the person we should have taken over Zeke. I'd take DeForest Buckner over both

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Making him the fastest ball carrier in the NFL this year. As I have been saying to people all year.. Nobody gets to full speed until they've run at least 50-60 yards. If anybody here is going to now argue that Derrick Henry is faster than Tyreke Hill, John Ross, DK Metcalf and the like I got some beachfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell ya. Henry hit that speed because he was able to run 70 yards without being touched. There are 30 guys in the league who could run faster if they got to run the same distance untouched. But that doesn't change the fact that Henry was haulin *** on that run!!! That dude is a beast.
its top speed vs. acceleration....hill, et al. can accelerate in 10 yards or less to full speed. yes, it takes henry a while longer....but still its impressive for a guy bigger than 250 and he was running away from CBs

terra

Reaction score
The albatross around the necks of the Titans is their qb. When the Playoffs come that is when Tannehill disappears and Henry will be stopped since the whole D can jump him

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Different situation, the D's facing TEN are designed to stop Henry because the passing offense doesn't concern them as much.

But Elliott is better behind the line and setting up his blocks than Henry but once through that line, who in their right mind wants to take on that freight train with his knees up high?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You coulda drove a truck through that. Literally a freaking truck. From start to finish.
If that's some meatheads here, they'd be criticizing Zeke for "Needing good blocking".

Henry did HAUL AXE! He put a lot of yards on his stats in that one play.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The one thing to remember is Zeke was picked for Tony. They wanted his blocking as much as anything else. I'm just saying to sit back and judge who you wanted NOW....is not representative of the time of the pick.

You said you were okay with either...that's fine too. Zeke gets the nod in blocking...keeping Tony safe. Turns out...Dak too. Dak's rushing injury notwithstanding.

starfan1

Reaction score

hindsight is 20/20 but I would have loved Henry and Ramsey. Which would have given you Jones and Ramsey but who knows maybe we don't lose both of them.. Which also means you wouldn't have had Jaylon. oh well we got a good squad. We hit on Zeke and Dak in that draft. I guess you can say brown too as well. Even though we can improve on that.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
People talk about Ramsey as the person we should have taken over Zeke. I'd take DeForest Buckner over both
I thought he was the best player in the draft. I was probably wrong, but I also overvalue DTs after years of not having any.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought he was the best player in the draft. I was probably wrong, but I also overvalue DTs after years of not having any.
He and Bosa have been neck and neck as far as the top DL from that draft. Just depends on if you are look for an edge or an interior rusher. 2016 we could have used both, but Bosa wasnt available

Im not even sure if they were looking at Ramsey as a CB or FS anyways

Macnalty

Reaction score

You are missing out on one of Zeke's greatest strengths and that is his all world blocking ability. It's like having another lineman in the backfield if he is in for pass protection.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Henry is like one of those big trains rolling down the tracks.....they are going faster than it looks. I just hope the Titans don't run him into the ground after a couple of years.

Aven8

Reaction score
What an awesome game to end the weekend as well! Btw anyone lambasting Sean McDermmot today for not kicking the FG? They should be!

to the OP Henry has been doing the same thing since HS. Same running style and speed etc. Nothing has changed at all.