Henry out

EndGame

Reaction score
Apologies if this has probably been posted already. I just saw that Anthony Henry is "out" for this week. The only other player listed as out on the injury report was Terry Glenn.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is just Wade playing tricks. Losing Henry will hurt pretty badly. If indeed he is out, I have to wonder if its really "just" an ankle sprain and not some damage to some ligaments. A high ankle sprain shouldn't sideline you for 2 weeks.

And no I'm not a dr. But I did stay at a holiday inn last night.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather have Reeves lining up over Moss than Henry. Reeves is better against the deep ball with speed receivers.

sago1

Reaction score
Actually I've heard that high ankle sprains can take as long as 4 weeks. Anyway, understand Henry just took his foot out of the boot a few days ago so not surprised he can't play yet.

He could be ready to go next week against the Vikes but they've get such a poor offense that it's probably better to rest him up for second half of the season. Who knows, we might be real lucky and have everybody back healthy after the bye week including Terry Glenn.

dallas_112678

Reaction score
EndGame;1703389 said:
Apologies if this has probably been posted already. I just saw that Anthony Henry is "out" for this week. The only other player listed as out on the injury report was Terry Glenn.

I didnt think he would play, because i high ankle sprain usually can take you out for a month, and the fact that he just got the boot off wednesday just confirmed for me atleast that he wouldnt play. When they take that boot off, it usually just means that your good enough to walk fine, but running and sprinting will still be pretty painful and awkward feeling, i think he'll be out another week or 2.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
CowboyWay;1703393 said:
I'm hoping this is just Wade playing tricks. Losing Henry will hurt pretty badly. If indeed he is out, I have to wonder if its really "just" an ankle sprain and not some damage to some ligaments. A high ankle sprain shouldn't sideline you for 2 weeks.

Actually, it usually takes at least 4 weeks to get back. It's much worse than a "lower ankle" sprain. Henry would not be an asset if he were to play this weekend against the Pats so it's best to just sit him and go w/ the healthier guys.....

EndGame

Reaction score
CowboyWay;1703393 said:

Two weeks is pretty much the minimum for a high ankle sprain, even a supposed mild one like Henry has.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1703402 said:
Honestly, I'd rather have Reeves lining up over Moss than Henry. Reeves is better against the deep ball with speed receivers.

I agree with that. Reeves will give up the short stuff in front of him but he's scared to death about being beaten deep.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Ok, fair enough. I guess I just underestimated the injury. I've actually cringed when I see dirk get those and he seems to come back in a few days.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Oh well, get well soon Henry.

As for Reeves, I hope coaches have a very good scheme, otherwise, I don't see him performing any better than Henry, I hope he does. Henry might not be all that fast but he has the experience and skills (something Reeves lacks) that will more than make up lack of speed. Our DBs have work cut out for them.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
If this is in fact the case, i'd just as soon see him sit out the Vikings game as well. That gives him 4 full weeks before the bye is over. He should be healthy by then. We know how he plays injured and it's not good.

Reaction score
I believe Dallas will let him rest the next 2 weeks, no sense in rushing him back to further cause any damage...

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Well be just fine without ol' slow Henry out there.

We now have Reeves playing left corner..and he's about as fast as anyone on our entire team.

Reeves is playing very well...improving with each week.