Henry To FS? Concerns Over Watkins...

Reaction score
Not sure about you guys but I am concerned with Pat Watkins taking over for Roy Williams.

Yes, Roy is not great in pass coverage but is that extra guy in the box to stop the run.

Not to confident in Pat Watkins coming down into the box. Watkins to me seems like he is still lost.

If Watkins does take over for Roy Williams, I have a feeling teams will go after him because he know is the weak link.

Do you guys share the same feeling I do about Patrick Watkins? Do we consider moving Henry to FS?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2263896 said:
Not sure about you guys but I am concerned with Pat Watkins taking over for Roy Williams.

Yes, Roy is not great in pass coverage but is that extra guy in the box to stop the run.

Not to confident in Pat Watkins coming down into the box. Watkins to me seems like he is still lost.

If Watkins does take over for Roy Williams, I have a feeling teams will go after him because he know is the weak link.

Do you guys share the same feeling I do about Patrick Watkins? Do we consider moving Henry to FS?
It's hard for me to tell really, but wasn't he replaced during pre season for a while, I can't remember exactly?

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Pat did blow up one of the Philly recievers last night.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I would love to see Henry play FS, it will get us more picks but I don't see it happening.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
I say move Hamlin to SS, where he has played before.

Try Henry at FS where I think he played for the Browns his first season.

Start Newman, at one CB and either Jones or Jenkins at the other CB, and nickleback.

I think we will be better, but the most important thing is.......

STOP GIVING A 15 YARD CUSHION.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Why does everyone assume Hamlin will move to SS?

It makes sense to move one player, not two. Then to move two again when the regular starter coems back.

Watkins will be our SS for a while until Roy comes back. It honestly isn't that hard.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2263952 said:
I say move Hamlin to SS, where he has played before.

Try Henry at FS where I think he played for the Browns his first season.

Start Newman, at one CB and either Jones or Jenkins at the other CB, and nickleback.

I think we will be better, but the most important thing is.......

STOP GIVING A 15 YARD CUSHION.

Henry was the nickle safety not the starter IIRC

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2263985 said:
I'm more concerned that Killer may see some playing time on defense now.

I'd take him over Watkins. Maybe we just use Killer on run plays and Watkins on Pass.

I'd still rather mover Henry to FS!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2263999 said:
I'd take him over Watkins. Maybe we just use Killer on run plays and Watkins on Pass.

I'd still rather mover Henry to FS!
Judas Priest, I wouldn't. At least he knows how to intercept a football. In 6 years Davis has never done that.

DBoys

Reaction score
Teams are getting their speeds guys matched up with Henry. He is a liability at corner. I would like to see him move and let Pac and Tnew start at corner.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I asked this on another thread but didn't get a response so I'll ask again.

Has Jenkins ever play safety while in college? I realize that he should be a fixture as one of our cbs for years to come, but would it be an option for a few games till Roy gets back?

Just wondering.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hailmary;2264015 said:
I asked this on another thread but didn't get a response so I'll ask again.

Has Jenkins ever play safety while in college? I realize that he should be a fixture as one of our cbs for years to come, but would it be an option for a few games till Roy gets back?

Just wondering.
Not that I am aware of.

Nexx

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2264037 said:
Watkins seems lost?

If so then Roy must be in coma most of the time.

:lmao::lmao::laugh1::laugh1::laugh2::laugh2::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2264037 said:
Watkins seems lost?

If so then Roy must be in coma most of the time.

:laugh2:

Watkins wasn't bad at all. But he wasn't lights out.

Notice how the coverage got better when Roy was sidelined with his injury

Nexx

Reaction score
zrinkill;2264065 said:

henry usually doesnt get beat in this situation because if he is matched up against a speed receiver, he will be lined up 12 yards off which basically giving up 8 yards on short throws all day long.