Henson College Video clips

Madzo

The Gunshow
Reaction score
I'm requesting some Henson Michigan highlights, anybody have any or provide me with a link?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
any clips of henson in college...i wanna see how good he plays.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
You guys should have caught ESPN Classic's showing of the 2000 Michigan vs Purdue game...Henson vs. Brees. They played it a few months ago, only reason I knew about it was from people posting on here that it was gonna be on. Both QBs played awesome in this game. Purdue pulled out the game by one point.
Henson was 26 of 35 256 3tds 0ints.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You guys should have caught ESPN Classic's showing of the 2000 Michigan vs Purdue game...Henson vs. Brees. They played it a few months ago, only reason I knew about it was from people posting on here that it was gonna be on. Both QBs played awesome in this game. Purdue pulled out the game by one point.
Henson was 26 of 35 256 3tds 0ints.

So you think he is the future? I hope he is and I think he will be as well.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17 said:
Of course he is. If he were as bad as the Chicken Little reports Dallas would be talking about what QBs they could get, not about sending Romo to Europe and re-signing Vinny for 1 more year.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
CATCH17 said:

Anyone who watched Henson more than just a game or two in Michigan, unless they hate Michigan, mostly will vouch that Henson will be future.

I have thought that since day one, nothing has made me change the my mind yet. He reminding me of Aikman even during his Michigan days, just a lot more athletic Aikman though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Despite the whining on the board, there is *no* way we sit with ~$25M of available cap room and two #1's and don't address the unanswered questions about the single most important position on the team. Not with Jerry Jones running the show, and not with Parcells. No way.

My guess: Henson *is* the answer. I love what I've seen from him, in training camp, and in the games. Shave a 1/2 second off of his blitz recognition, and we'll have picked up the QB and the RB for the next set of SuperBowl runs in last year's off season.

Throw in whatever we get for the extra #1, and then we can hear you ladies talk about what a genius Parcells was this last off season, and about how you knew it all along.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Of course he is. If he were as bad as the Chicken Little reports Dallas would be talking about what QBs they could get, not about sending Romo to Europe and re-signing Vinny for 1 more year.

I say..."Nail Hit On Head"! You nailed it pardner!! :skins:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is what I like to see. Some Henson support. There are so many doubters and Rivers people on my board that it's pissen me off.

I remember watching Henson about 3 times and I don't remember much about him because I was paying attention to the A - Train and Terrell. I remember he could distribute the ball very well. I just wish we could've seen him get more reps this year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17 said:
This is what I like to see. Some Henson support. There are so many doubters and Rivers people on my board that it's pissen me off.

I remember watching Henson about 3 times and I don't remember much about him because I was paying attention to the A - Train and Terrell. I remember he could distribute the ball very well. I just wish we could've seen him get more reps this year.
Then this should be your board. Problem solved.

lspain1

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Parcells thinks Henson is a clown.

Hey banned...two things..

1) What makes you think that?

2) It the Saloon is a cat house, shouldn't there be somethin' going on upstairs?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Then this should be your board. Problem solved.
Here is something to ponder. If Henson had gotten significant playing time what incentives clauses would have been voided? I am no Chad supporter but didn't playing Chad early hasten our evaluation of him? As I recall he was able to void two years off of his contract. I am glad we didn’t rush Henson to the fray for financial and long-term development reasons. Let him get his legs under him first and when it is his time he will shine.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
CATCH17 said:
So far the league has only one guy (That I know of) who took time off from the game and came back to be successful in the league...Staubach (And most who've tried played baseball first, then went to college football). Kurt Warner could be considered as well but he was at least playing in the AFL before joining the Rams, even then St. Louis was panicking when Green got hurt and Warner took over.

Henson has played 9 games since High school, I hope he's the future because it'll benefit our team. However, if the hatred angers you, imagine how those of us who are doubters feel whenever we see dudes claim "He's HOF easily, he'll be better than Aikman/Staubauch", etc. People tend to forget if he was that good Houston would have traded him for better than a third round pick, a pick many imagined was going to be a late third round pick...

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
So far the league has only one guy (That I know of) who took time off from the game and came back to be successful in the league...Staubach (And most who've tried played baseball first, then went to college football). Kurt Warner could be considered as well but he was at least playing in the AFL before joining the Rams, even then St. Louis was panicking when Green got hurt and Warner took over.

Henson has played 9 games since High school, I hope he's the future because it'll benefit our team. However, if the hatred angers you, imagine how those of us who are doubters feel whenever we see dudes claim "He's HOF easily, he'll be better than Aikman/Staubauch", etc. People tend to forget if he was that good Houston would have traded him for better than a third round pick, a pick many imagined was going to be a late third round pick...

He played in more than 20 Odd Games and only started 9 games since High school. Maybe we should make that a Sticky!
:banghead:

Second, Henson held Houston by his Whim. He could have gone to draft if didn't like the deal, and Houston would not have anything to show for then. Maybe you should read up more on it, when JJT posted that article or other articles mentioning Rams, Bills, even Miami etc were interested and that Henson was only interested in Cowboys.

Many Mock drafts had Henson as late First round in 2004 and everyone had him going at least in Second round. I guess Houston got stupid and traded him for 3rd rounder eventhough he was rated as high as late first round in 2004 draft in many circles or atleast 2nd round. :rolleyes:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
CATCH17 said:

I'm with you too. I'm willing to give the guy a chance and all this spew about Dallas going after another QB is just vomit on the sidewalk. My gut tells me that BP and JJ like him and think he has the tools to be the future. Yeah, it's "speculation", but so are all of the other voices out there.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
He played in more than 20 Odd Games and only started 9 games since High school. Maybe we should make that a Sticky!
:banghead:

Second, Henson held Houston by his Whim. He could have gone to draft if didn't like the deal, and Houston would not have anything to show for then. Maybe you should read up more on it, when JJT posted that article or other articles mentioning Rams, Bills, even Miami etc were interested and that Henson was only interested in Cowboys.

Many Mock drafts had Henson as late First round in 2004 and everyone had him going at least in Second round. I guess Houston got stupid and traded him for 3rd rounder eventhough he was rated as high as late first round in 2004 draft in many circles or atleast 2nd round. :rolleyes:
Just like Chad Hutchinson was a supposed mid-first rounder as well?? Sorry, I don't buy Henson being a first or second round pick had he been in the draft, no team would be stupid enough to invest that much in an unknown.

And going with the time off, how many players have you seen knock off the rust and played in the league, and played well. 4 year starters have a hard enough time getting in, we've got a guy who hasn't held a football in over 3 1/2 years.

When we signed Henson I was one of the few who openly griped about the pick, only reason I've accepted it was because I figured it would be a late third rounder and those are usually gambles. However I've never been one to have him play this year, but wouldn't you know it - as soon as Henson was signed we had guys proclaiming "He'll start game one." Like I mentioned, I hope I'm wrong in doubting him, but history has taught me not to get too optimistic about this, and should Henson fail, I'll send an e-mail to Valley Ranch with the following words: "Stop screwing around with 24 year old failed baseball players and grab a QB the proper way!!!!"

starfrombirth

Reaction score
For all the Rivers lovers out there I pose this question? What has he done in the NFL? He has played even less than Drew. He held out so he didn't even have training camp. He has bad mechanics and a suspect arm. Why are we even considering trying to get him when his development is even further behind (for our system) than Drew? :banghead: