Henson. Played better then numbers show.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
After reading how bad Henson was doing in practice I lost faith in the guy. But after tonights game I have much more confidence in him again. He came out and played good tonight. He played smart and threw away some passes when nothing was there.

He needed a game like this tonight to get his confidence back. I really hope this is the game that really helps him take off. I know it was against 3rd stringers but the thing is he was still playing the game at NFL speed and now maybe things will come to him better in practices and the game could start to slow down for him some.

I will be glad when he gets to play some with the 1st and 2nd team cuz it will be fun to see how he does with Witten and better WRs.

This game was pretty wack but at least one of the good things that came out of it was Henson doing good and maybe getting the bad practices behind him now.

Vman

Reaction score
He made nice decisions to throw the ball away at times.

I'd like to see him with a better line in front of him (and Witten on the field).

Bizwah

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
After reading how bad Henson was doing in practice I lost faith in the guy. But after tonights game I have much more confidence in him again. He came out and played good tonight. He played smart and threw away some passes when nothing was there.

He needed a game like this tonight to get his confidence back. I really hope this is the game that really helps him take off. I know it was against 3rd stringers but the thing is he was still playing the game at NFL speed and now maybe things will come to him better in practices and the game could start to slow down for him some.

I will be glad when he gets to play some with the 1st and 2nd team cuz it will be fun to see how he does with Witten and better WRs.

This game was pretty wack but at least one of the good things that came out of it was Henson doing good and maybe getting the bad practices behind him now.

Some guys are just "gamers". I think he may be one.

He seemed in control. I was impressed by him and Romo. Maybe JJ and BP know what they're doing after all.

I am looking forward to hearing how the QBs respond.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
What I thought was good and it stuck out to was how Henson and also Romo were much faster at making reads and their throws then Bledsoe.

If Bledsoe does not show any improvement and Henson and Romo keep improving then Bledsoe will be on the bench later this season.

I do hope Henson gets some time with the 1st team. It sounded like Henson was seeing the field good but to many times there were no open WRs.

btcutter

Reaction score
Is it me or does Henson always look a step slow coming out under center? He waits until he has the ball completely in both hand before he starts to step away from the center. This always give DL an extra second to get to him.

Am I imagining this?

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
What I thought was good and it stuck out to was how Henson and also Romo were much faster at making reads and their throws then Bledsoe.

If Bledsoe does not show any improvement and Henson and Romo keep improving then Bledsoe will be on the bench later this season.

I do hope Henson gets some time with the 1st team. It sounded like Henson was seeing the field good but to many times there were no open WRs.
May I echo that thought? I'm sorry but Bledsoe is to experienced to be getting sacked like that when he knew early on that the defense was getting in fast.

Yet he still refused to adjust, he just held on to that ball. The other 2 could feel the pressure coming and would side step it and would get that ball out of there.

Romo was more accurate but had a weak arm. Henson was poised and had a cannon arm, but fluttered the ball some. All in all, I like Henson.

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
btcutter said:
Is it me or does Henson always look a step slow coming out under center? He waits until he has the ball completely in both hand before he starts to step away from the center. This always give DL an extra second to get to him.

Am I imagining this?
omg yeah! I thought the defense was jumping offside on every play.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
If you were to break down Hensons stats, you would come up with something like this.

6 completions
3 "throw aways"
2 flutter balls
2 general incompletions

Overall, I feel better about Henson and hope that he builds upon tonight, and can gain back his confidence.

I was impressed with Romo, and hope he continues to improve.

Z-Man

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Some guys are just "gamers". I think he may be one.

He seemed in control. I was impressed by him and Romo. Maybe JJ and BP know what they're doing after all.

I am looking forward to hearing how the QBs respond.

Both looked good.

ndanger

Reaction score
smashmouth said:
May I echo that thought? I'm sorry but Bledsoe is to experienced to be getting sacked like that when he knew early on that the defense was getting in fast.

Yet he still refused to adjust, he just held on to that ball. The other 2 could feel the pressure coming and would side step it and would get that ball out of there.

Romo was more accurate but had a weak arm. Henson was poised and had a cannon arm, but fluttered the ball some. All in all, I like Henson.
Didn't you just trash Henson in another thread? :confused:

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
btcutter said:

Am I imagining this?

I did not get to see the game. I only got to listen to it. But if this is true what you say Henson will get over it as he gets more confidence. I think we will see Henson improve next game.

Smashmouth mad a good point in how Bledose didnt adjust his game. Romo and Henson both did.

Like I said before. I feel alot better about Henson after this game.

Ken

Reaction score
Good post.

All you really need to do to evaluate Henson's night was read Parcells lips after he got them in position for the field goal.....

"Good Job."

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
smashmouth said:

One thing I really noticed is he did not seem to know where the pressure was coming from...he was moving at times right into it instead of away.

You watch Brady and he seems to know where the pressure is ans side steps it with ease...Bledsoe moved right into it....I know it's only one pre-season game, but there were some instinct things, or lack of, about tonight's game I did not like...

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Ken said:
Good post.

All you really need to do to evaluate Henson's night was read Parcells lips after he got them in position for the field goal.....

"Good Job."

Thats very encouraging.

jlust22

Reaction score
btcutter said:

Am I imagining this?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I remember him doing the same thing last year as well when he played. But, I never heard that brought up and talked about as an issue. But, he does look a step slow after the getting the snap.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
One thing I really noticed is he did not seem to know where the pressure was coming from...he was moving at times right into it instead of away.

You watch Brady and he seems to know where the pressure is ans side steps it with ease...Bledsoe moved right into it....I know it's only one pre-season game, but there were some instinct things, or lack of, about tonight's game I did not like...

Brady would look like crap with the way our OL played...

nobody would look good...it was atrocious

David

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
What is some good news and also bad news is that Henson has a much better feel for pressure then Bledsoe. Good for Henson bad for Bledsoe. Kinda sad when a 13 year vet has less feel for pressure then a guy who has been away from football as long as Henson has.

I think that is a real positive for Henson tonight to is he can feel the pressure coming in.

DMX690

Reaction score
Still, too early to judge on the QB's play so far, but if Drew Blesdoe looks this horrible in the third preseason game then i would be worried about his performance for the upcoming season. Romo and Henson look o.k but there're alot more room for improvement from both players.