Herd w/Colin Cowherd"The Cowboys have lost playoff games before. Why would it get so noisy?"

plasticman

Reaction score
I think all the talk about going "all in" by anyone on the team has more to do with Jerry's age.

In an effort to make one last lunge at a ring, will Jerry sell out the Cowboys future?

Aven8

Reaction score
I think all the talk about going "all in" by anyone on the team has more to do with Jerry's age.

In an effort to make one last lunge at a ring, will Jerry sell out the Cowboys future?
Does it really matter? We’ve never tried going all in. It’s time!

ICP

Reaction score
Jerry’s version of going all in will be markedly different than the fan’s of this team.
Been saying this as well. Going in to Jerry is probably re-signing most of the guys that have been 'hanging around the rim' for the past three years

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
I do think there is truth to the Jordan Love thing. How is it that a first year starter can make every throw, be accurate, and read a defense better than an 8 year veteran? Cowboys players probably were looking at Love and thought "Why can't we get that"?

He played better in his first playoff game than Dak has in like 7 postseason games. He makes almost no money for the next few years. And Dak could be making Mahomes money as a solid to good QB.

Now, Love will either be a one year wonder who is an average QB. Or, a perennial pro bowl caliber QB who isn't even in his prime. Unfortunately for us, I think the latter is more likely.

plasticman

Reaction score
Does it really matter? We’ve never tried going all in. It’s time!
Wouldn't you agree that both the Eagles and Bills went all in?

Every season two or three teams go all in and sometimes one will get there. True, it seems two teams that went all in won recently, the Rams and Bucs. How have they done since?

Bucs the last two seasons combined: 17-17

Rams the last two seasons combined: 15-19

A single championship is a fleeting moment in time. It passes quickly. I remember when the Cowboys won the SB three out of four seasons. How much does that contribute to my feeling about the current team? Not much at all.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

It's the only way....Let's be honest....He's tried everything but this.

It's like .....it's the one move we have all been waiting for...

Only thing is....better be all in....this just can't be lip service.

Bigger the better.....has to be earth moving moves.

Adding a bunch of aging vets to the roster just isn't gonna cut it.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Daks 2 lowest passer ratings in the playoffs are against the 49ers. They are in his head, once he panics its game over.

MikeT22

Reaction score

It's funny how people are actually buying into Jerry's sales job.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Wouldn't you agree that both the Eagles and Bills went all in?

Every season two or three teams go all in and sometimes one will get there. True, it seems two teams that went all in won recently, the Rams and Bucs. How have they done since?

Bucs the last two seasons combined: 17-17

Rams the last two seasons combined: 15-19

A single championship is a fleeting moment in time. It passes quickly. I remember when the Cowboys won the SB three out of four seasons. How much does that contribute to my feeling about the current team? Not much at all.
Apparently, you don't seem to understand the concept of what "All in for 20XX" means. It means that you mortgage the future for THAT year. The Bucs and Rams got exactly what they signed up for: one great year and then paying the piper for several years.

I get what you are saying though. You would rather be a contender every year than go all in for 2024, but then suck for half a decade. Honestly, I don't really believe that we will get either.