here is a mid round steal..

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
brodie croyle

this qb from bama is worth taking a look at in the later rounds....

what is your opinion on this gunslinger with a cool mentality?

how is everyone feeling tonight?

laneo

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
It's said that Bill likes Romo, it's said that Jerry likes Henson, that being said, 5th round at the earliest for a QB, if atall....though if one made the Free Agency list its another story alltogether.

Ofcorse, someone like Brody, Olson, Vick, Hackney, McNiel or Whitehurst will still be there after the draft is over.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
It's said that Bill likes Romo, it's said that Jerry likes Henson, that being said, 5th round at the earliest for a QB, if atall....though if one made the Free Agency list its another story alltogether.

Ofcorse, someone like Brody, Olson, Vick, Hackney, McNiel or Whitehurst will still be there after the draft is over.

I live in the shadow of the U of A and I don't like Brody. I didn't like Simms either when he was at U or T and while he seems to be doing good, I still don't like him.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
He won't be a mid-round selection.

Once the workouts are done, he will have solidified a 2nd round spot IMO.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
brodie croyle

laneo

It appears Brodie has caught some eyes as of late I think he goes in day 1 of the draft. I have seen a lot of him at Bama and I will say the guy is a gamer but not sure about how he will fair at the next level.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
It appears Brodie has caught some eyes as of late I think he goes in day 1 of the draft. I have seen a lot of him at Bama and I will say the guy is a gamer but not sure about how he will fair at the next level.

No way he goes on the first day. I like the guy and watched him play a few times....kinda reminds me of a real reserved Favre with a Hasselback mentality...but not as good. He'll be lucky to be drafted at all, but he'll be a late rounder if he is.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
trueblue1687 said:
No way he goes on the first day. I like the guy and watched him play a few times....kinda reminds me of a real reserved Favre with a Hasselback mentality...but not as good. He'll be lucky to be drafted at all, but he'll be a late rounder if he is.

I don't disagree with the assesment but he seems to be getting a lot of attention over the last month and a half.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I don't disagree with the assesment but he seems to be getting a lot of attention over the last month and a half.

I agree. I don't like him much myself, but I have read articles and commentary that say he will go first day. Maybe in the late 2nd and possibly in the 3rd round.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
brodie croyle

laneo

looks like a career backup or #3 QB at best

David

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I agree. I don't like him much myself, but I have read articles and commentary that say he will go first day. Maybe in the late 2nd and possibly in the 3rd round.

I don't dislike him but I do have some doubts about him. I think he has the tools to be a good QB but I think he will need a lot of work.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Brodie will be a good NFL QB he has good decision making skills, strong arm, nice touch, and played in a more traditional NFL type Offense. If he where available in the third I'd take him heck I'd prob take him in the second.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I didn't really care for Brodie.. But that said the senior bowl practices moved his stock up... Depending on the combine results and pro day workouts, I think he'll go late second or third.. Personally I say fifth is about where he should go

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'll give you a bigger mid round steal.

Syracuse DE James Wyche

6'6" 267 pounds with really good speed. Was the Defensive MVP in the East-West Shrine Game and hasn't been receiving a lot of attention. With Pasqualoni (his former Syracuse coach) as the new OLB coach, he could be a great pickup in the 5th round.

Rich......

maxsports

Reaction score
I like Croyle. I watched alot of his games. The writers say he will be a good NFL quarterback, overlooked because he didn't have alot of talent around him.
I also like Olson out of UCLA. I wouldn't mind taking either one of these guys as long as it is a mid to late round pick

BlueStar II

Reaction score
While Croyle may have a good field sense about him, whenever I have seen him play, I couldn't help but question his arm strength. I have a good friend who is from 'Bama and has seen far more of Croyle than I have, and he has even more doubts than I do as to how successful Croyle will be at the next level due to his arm strength.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
BlueStar II said:
While Croyle may have a good field sense about him, whenever I have seen him play, I couldn't help but question his arm strength. I have a good friend who is from 'Bama and has seen far more of Croyle than I have, and he has even more doubts than I do as to how successful Croyle will be at the next level due to his arm strength.

At the all-star game in Tampa last weekend they had a throwing distance contest between Croyle, Whitehurst, Drew Olson, Vince Young, and another QB whose name slips my mind. Croyle won, throwing the ball 68 yards (with a college sized football which is harder to throw)

Rich.............

shnagy

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
I'll give you a bigger mid round steal.

Syracuse DE James Wyche

6'6" 267 pounds with really good speed. Was the Defensive MVP in the East-West Shrine Game and hasn't been receiving a lot of attention. With Pasqualoni (his former Syracuse coach) as the new OLB coach, he could be a great pickup in the 5th round.

Rich......
Sounds like a good pickup to me.
As for Croyle, I haven't seen much of him, but it seems like he has good arm strength.