Video: Here is another reason why we can't have nice things anymore

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
As I recall at one point he was being suggested as a future HC here.

But Garrett would block anything like that as Jerrah's lapdog.

Garrett would block anything that threatened his own power. Callahan and Eberflus were the best coaches here, going back years. Both leave.

Meanwhile, Linehan and Marinelli, two thoroughly failed HCs, stay until driven out.

Last I heard, Kris Richard still wasn't employed in the NFL.

HanD

Reaction score
Garrett would block anything that threatened his own power. Callahan and Eberflus were the best coaches here, going back years. Both leave.

Meanwhile, Linehan and Marinelli, two thoroughly failed HCs, stay until driven out.

Last I heard, Kris Richard still wasn't employed in the NFL.
I agree. Part of it imo probably stems from how he got his job undermining wade.

Richard was offered position coaching jobs and was too proud to take one thinking he deserved more...:rolleyes:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If the only thing we get from Big Mac is he instills a football culture and mindset, then I'd take it. I like that he talks the "man talk," he knows how to win, and he knows what he wants to do.

Much better than ten years of smiling, "its a process" and "stacking good days" BS.
The biggest thing about your statement is..

I think we have all been stunned by how much the core beliefs of this team are having to be changed.

For years we just assumed we were the Cowboys.

We never suffered major mental deficiencies.

We just needed one or two more players and we were set to go.

Not any more. Big Mikey is probably surprised as much as any of us that so much was lacking.

conner01

Reaction score
Didn’t they go 4-12 after losing luck? And then drafted Darius Leonard? I’m not completely discrediting Eberflus impact, but there’s more at play.
They’ve done a really good job in the draft
Having a bad season was one big part of building that teams talent
Now Jerry don’t screw this up trying to win meaningless games

kskboys

Reaction score
Didn’t they go 4-12 after losing luck? And then drafted Darius Leonard? I’m not completely discrediting Eberflus impact, but there’s more at play.
Someone made the wise decision w/ the Colts to build a strong D several seasons ago. I always assumed it was Reich.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the only thing we get from Big Mac is he instills a football culture and mindset, then I'd take it. I like that he talks the "man talk," he knows how to win, and he knows what he wants to do.

Much better than ten years of smiling, "its a process" and "stacking good days" BS.

The #1 quality of Mike McCarthy is that he did not have previous connections to Jerry and that McCarthy "reports" to Stephen Jones; whereas, Garrett "reported" to Jerry.

What that really means is that he won't be treated like a Step Son.

McCarthy will and should get more than 1 year but he won't get the blank check treatment that Garrett was given.

Stephen Jones does not appear to have any personal bond to coaches or players the way Jerry has had over the years.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
For every coach that does well there are a ton that bomb.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The #1 quality of Mike McCarthy is that he did not have previous connections to Jerry and that McCarthy "reports" to Stephen Jones; whereas, Garrett "reported" to Jerry.

What that really means is that he won't be treated like a Step Son.

McCarthy will and should get more than 1 year but he won't get the blank check treatment that Garrett was given.

Stephen Jones does not appear to have any personal bond to coaches or players the way Jerry has had over the years.
Repeat after me..

Stephen "Disingenous" Jones.

The fruit never travels far from the tree.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m going to have to wait till I hear Troy Aikman comment on it before formulating my own opinion:rolleyes:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's an old story and addressed in this video that elberflus was given the dc role but turned it down due to loyalty to marinelli.

It seemed like in your post you felt he wasn't given that chance over marinelli. Maybe I just read it wrong. This isn't really a jones flub. They recognized his talent and wanted to keep him. He didn't want to take marinelli's job.

i did not know Efeb had a chance to be D-coord for cowboys...if that is true my bad