Here is something to make you feel better.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
wow. I forgot about some of those players. Most of them I had blocked from my memory. Thanks for bringing them up again. ;)

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten;1302093 said:
wow. I forgot about some of those players. Most of them I had blocked from my memory. Thanks for bringing them up again. ;)

I don't know, man.

Jerry Jones helped bring three titles to this team, but he has pretty much drove this team into the dirt with his handling of draft picks. The jury is still out on Parcells, but he has a better eye for talent.

We need a true GM.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
That is today's NFL.

You can go through the roster of every team and rarely find more than a handful of players that have been there for more than 5 years.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
dragon_mikal;1302096 said:
I don't know, man.

Jerry Jones helped bring three titles to this team, but he has pretty much drove this team into the dirt with his handling of draft picks. The jury is still out on Parcells, but he has a better eye for talent.

We need a true GM.

It could be worse. How would you like to have Al Davis calling the shots for this team? Raider fans are actually envious of us.

:laugh2:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten;1302099 said:
That 2001 draft still has me waking up screaming in the middle of the night.

...1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002 drafts have me in tears. 2003 to present has me scratching my head right now.

Wane McGarity, Derek Ross, Jamar Martin anyone? :(

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1302097 said:
That is today's NFL.

You can go through the roster of every team and rarely find more than a handful of players that have been there for more than 5 years.

Rubbish.

You still build teams through the draft. Show me a team that does it differently and I'll show you a team that will be sitting at home come January.

Just ask Dan Snyder.

Smith22

Reaction score
dragon_mikal;1302103 said:
Rubbish.

You still build teams through the draft. Show me a team that does it differently and I'll show you a team that will be sitting at home come January.

Just ask Dan Snyder.

:lmao: :laugh2: :lmao: :laugh2: :laugh1:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Rubbish.

Just ask Dan Snyder.

:laugh2:

I agree. Teams like New England, Indy, Baltimore have had their "staple" players around for a long time, and they amount to more than a handful.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Rubbish.

Just ask Dan Snyder.

And how many times over the last ehh...ten + years has the Cowboys stategy of building through the draft proven to be any better ?

Pats do both. Drafts and FA.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1302111 said:
And how many times over the last ehh...ten + years has the Cowboys stategy of building through the draft proven to be any better ?

I suppose the same can be said for your Commanders taking the strict FA route, and not valuing the draft.

True that there is a delicate balance between the draft and FA.

Smith22

Reaction score
Yeah, Baltimore has done great with the draft, other than QB. They continually pick the right players it seems. Reed, Ngata, Heape, Suggs, McAlister, Jamal Lewis, Hartwell, the list goes on and on.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Don Corleone;1302116 said:
I suppose the same can be said for your Commanders taking the strict FA route, and not valuing the draft.

True that there is a delicate balance between the draft and FA.

The same can certainly be said about the Commanders.

Because even when they do build through the draft most of those guys dont last.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Smith22;1302117 said:
Yeah, Baltimore has done great with the draft, other than QB. They continually pick the right players it seems. Reed, Ngata, Heape, Suggs, McAlister, Jamal Lewis, Hartwell, the list goes on and on.

Sorry to double post.

Yet Baltimore has done squat on offense until this season, outside of one random year where J. Lewis ran over everyone. Defensively they were punked all season last year.

Todd Heap is about as overrated as they come BTW, and Hartwell plays for the Falcons.

Smith22

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1302130 said:
and Hartwell plays for the Falcons.
I know where he plays, and he got paid well to go there. Are you saying they don't draft well?

Smith22

Reaction score
You can also throw in Ray Lewis, J. Ogden, A. Thomas, Pashos (RT).......

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1302111 said:

The cowboys only TRULY started building through the draft in 2002. They didn't even have a first round pick in 2001 and 2000.

And EVERY team signs FAs so don't group the Pats into that group. The Pats MAINLY build through the draft. They don't go throwing high amounts of money at mediocre players (Arculeta, Randel El, Lloyd, etc...), and they don't trade 80% of their draft away every season.